When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch winder because I'm lazy

martijnp

Hi guys,

Last morning I put on a watch I didn't wear for a while. The watch was standing still and I'm too lazy to wind every watch up before I go to work.. :inverted: 

So I decided to buy myself a watch winder. Now I saw this one on Amazon (I never bought something via Amazon): http://www.amazon.com/TimelyBuys-Ebony-Automatic-Winder-Storage/dp/B00B5J175M/ref=sr_1_176?s=watches&ie=UTF8&qid=1370347506&sr=1-176

Is this watch winder any good? 

Or do you guys have a website where I can find good quality and for an reasonable price?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Martijn

Everybody's gonna say don't get one waste of money etc etc, I have one and I love it mate  :inverted:  I'm lazy too and have too many bloody pieces to keep changing the time / date every time I want to use one, not seen that particular one before but one thing I will say is buy the best one you can afford and buy one with more spaces than you think you will need too! 

Mines like this one and I think I paid 260 or thereabouts for it, you can get them cheaper in the US though, lucky buggers !  http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ALG-Luxury-6-Black-Wood-Automatic-Quad-Watch-Winder-Display-Box-/261222534961?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3cd2138f31&_uhb=1

I have a dual winder myself. I also wish it could hold more. Just make sure you get one that has adjustable settings for every watch slot / holder.

Mine I can set either holder for Turn-direction (CW, CCW, Both) and I can also set each for how many TPD (Turns-per-day) 650, 785, 950 or 1150.

Great to have the options, so it will wind any watch.

Dave...

I just bought a new one on the bay because old one got broke.  I got 8 + 4. Will wind 8 and store 4 more , completely adjustable and brand new with warranty for $99.99 and free shipping. This guy is in California and is a power seller, great feedback and several different models to choose from. Just search automatic watch winder and start going down the list I'm sure you will find him.

MD that is a home run for$9.99 ! Also look into cushion size if you have large pieces some can accommodate them some not so much. Bi-directional or single rotation capable  with speed settings is best ,cover the bases.

Oops read to quick that is the bid starting price :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin:

You guys say that the rotation is important, that one on the first post says this on the rotation:

Rotates clockwise for 5 minutes, rests for 15; moves counterclockwise for 5 minutes, rests for 15, and repeats

Is that any good?

Sounds cheap! Could you post the link, like I said "I'm lazy"  :partytime:

The best I can do at the present time is to tell I bought it from seller.  easysource  item # was 370826754930.   I had wanted the Burk wood like I had before but was outbid on that auction style at the last minute so I checked his other items for sale and found he also had same box in black or red  for $99.99 + free shipping still available at that time so I just bought the black. He also has walnut, Burlwood, red ,black cherry . Like I Said in the eBay search bar just type in automatic watch winder and start going down the list. You can't beat the price for that price with everything it does + the warranty. Good luck and I hope you can get the color you want. Sometimes you can get them even cheaper with the auctions but after mine got broken I needed a new one now.

Just got mine today.

Burlwood 4 watch winder. Two winder platforms with a controller for each one, plus 6 watch holders.

Curved glass window in the top lid.

Looks very nice :)

post-50255-137055513591.jpg

post-50255-137055508844.jpg

£135 from the bay.

Richard

I have the big-brother to that one. I need to pull it apart and oil the motor. I also put it on the "4th" setting. 2h clockwise, 2h counter-clockwise. Wait 8h. Repeat.

Same winder as mine and same settings too   :)  That Daytona on the bottom row won't need any winding anytime soon mate  :partytime:  Nice Pams btw   :huh:

I have no idea why the images in my post are upside down. Took the photos on the iPad and posted them using TapaTalk and they were the right way up in that!

Stoopid thing (me or TapaTalk :))

Man I thought it was just me and the Coors light from last night had kicked back in.   I got my 8+4 winder in the black today and other than the key hole looks like my broken burlwood  and the  one fragile42 is showing, I love it for $99.99 and free shipping.

Edited by rocky4691
  • Like 1