When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can anyone identify this Rolex LV Sub?

indywatchguy

Hey fellas,

Can anyone possibly identify the maker and/or quality of this sub? Basically(as we OCD watch geeks luv to do) critic the heck out it! It does have a smooth sweeping hand that appears to be high beat Swiss movement. The case back hasn't been removed to verify it.This is the first LV release Pre-rehaut engraving. I know the crown and lume dot are not up to specs.The DWO looks like TC's and appears to be very good quality. Any other observations would be appreciated. Now have at it boys!

post-45848-0-23788700-1370654243_thumb.j

I personally know that this is NOT a TC build. The hour markers are too thick (silver round markers). The SEL fitment is also not as GEN like as the TC. Also, the cyclops magnification does not seem to be all that good as the date does not fill up the cyclops... Obviously the crown and insert as you already mentioned.

I am not sure WHERE its from but its not one of the BEST such as a TC.

My .2 cents.... This is what a TC should look like (gen crystal, insert, crown):

post-51930-0-71432000-1370655838_thumb.j

I woulden't wear this if I were you. You can cook a stir fry in there, plus the dial is really bad. Just have to look at the second markers. I will guess its an old noob factory, as even new noob factories have messed up second markers that don't make contact with the rehaut; which nobody seems to mention.

I woulden't wear this if I were you. You can cook a stir fry in there, plus the dial is really bad. Just have to look at the second markers. I will guess its an old noob factory, as even new noob

factories have messed up second markers that don't make contact with the rehaut; which nobody seems to mention.

Haha nice Papa! Would you believe several non watch enthusiast thought this was GEN. Shows how much we sweat over getting called out for nothing. Most people don't have a clue! I won't be wearing it. It's a friends who wanted me to find out as much as possible about it and possibly sell it. Myself I'm waiting for a famous TC LV SUB!

I don't have and eddie lee (EL) 16610, but here is a 16613 that is definitely and EL. If yours is and EL, it would have an ETA movement, because when these came out, there were no Chinese clone movements (Around 20005/2006) IF you open it up and it's a 21j clone, then it's later and not an EL. EL's didn't have gen like construction, will not take a gen crystal, nor a better aftermarket or gen bezel. You can swap the dial, crown/tube and insert for genuine, but that's as far as you can go. I wish your photo was bigger and more close up, my tired old eyes don't see as well as they once did, but I don't think this is and EL, first the minute hand is awful, look at the width, it looks almost like the later hands on the GMTIIC and the 116610, you need to open the back, but honestly, this one isn't from one of the makers that I'm familiar with. I don't think any of the older watches had hands like this, thick surrounds and the minute track too far in toward the center.

post-327-0-78018200-1370702328_thumb.jpg

Here is a gen 16610 from that same era, actually this one is a "P" serial from 2000

post-327-0-04133400-1370702964_thumb.jpg

Panerai I think you make be on to something. My buddie bought this around 2006 and the guy said it was Swiss. It's definitely NOT 21j movement. It sweeps waaaaay to smoothly! This could be an Eddie Lee. The weight is on point and I compared the band to a TC combo V2 V3 and there was very little difference. It's actually a pretty solid built watch and keeps great time!

I personally know that this is NOT a TC build. The hour markers are too thick (silver round markers). The SEL fitment is also not as GEN like as the TC. Also, the cyclops magnification does not seem to be all that good as the date does not fill up the cyclops... Obviously the crown and insert as you already mentioned.

I am not sure WHERE its from but its not one of the BEST such as a TC.

My .2 cents.... This is what a TC should look like (gen crystal, insert, crown):

Is this for sale??????

I don't have and eddie lee (EL) 16610, but here is a 16613 that is definitely and EL. If yours is and EL, it would have an ETA movement, because when these came out, there were no Chinese clone movements (Around 20005/2006) IF you open it up and it's a 21j clone, then it's later and not an EL. EL's didn't have gen like construction, will not take a gen crystal, nor a better aftermarket or gen bezel. You can swap the dial, crown/tube and insert for genuine, but that's as far as you can go. I wish your photo was bigger and more close up, my tired old eyes don't see as well as they once did, but I don't think this is and EL, first the minute hand is awful, look at the width, it looks almost like the later hands on the GMTIIC and the 116610, you need to open the back, but honestly, this one isn't from one of the makers that I'm familiar with. I don't think any of the older watches had hands like this, thick surrounds and the minute track too far in toward the center.

16613 before 2a.jpg

Here is a gen 16610 from that same era, actually this one is a "P" serial from 2000

16610a.jpg

Correct me if im wrong panerai But remember wasn't the 2006 50th anniversary the first Rollie with larger hour markers and hands??? So the rep should have the same??

Check out the hands on this one. Seems pretty close but my minute hand appears a tad bit longer.

post-51930-0-01162800-1370454203.jpg

hahaha... that is my picture and WAS my watch until this last week.... I sold the watch to another member on the board. He got it today and LOVES IT!!!

Good thing I had two of them ;)