When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone interested in getting an Aqua terra repped.

cougar1

To make this thread complete, for those who were begging for a blue one here it is. Lads and gents, lemme introduce you Mr. Smurf:

http://www.p-cls.com/omat41108-aqua-terra-auto-ssss-blue-swiss-2836-p-15180.html

post-40168-0-71081400-1386020340_thumb.j

post-40168-0-41463900-1386020350_thumb.j

OK the color is a bit off :D Or the rep factories should refrain from taking these beauty shots with coconuts :D

Perfect Clones and Trusty are known for these off-color pictures.

Another example where the one in the video is completely different:

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_114&products_id=11372

But I don't think they had a gen for it, so the color is probably not 1:1, but it must be better than on these pictures.

To make this thread complete, for those who were begging for a blue one here it is. Lads and gents, lemme introduce you Mr. Smurf:

attachicon.gif693673d1335633702-skyfall-omega-full-view-bond-white.jpg

OK the color is a bit off :D Or the rep factories should refrain from taking these beauty shots with coconuts :D

what version of the gen is this? I have not seen a gen in 41.5, 38, or the XXL version that has a marker at 3 next to the date.

in addition to the color the bezel font is too thin and not tall enough. The G and A in Omega are not connected with a horizontal bar either.

Edited by jdkno

what version of the gen is this? I have not seen a gen in 41.5, 38, or the XXL version that has a marker at 3 next to the date.

in addition to the color the bezel font is too thin and not tall enough. The G and A in Omega are not connected with a horizontal bar either.

Strange -- in one of the Perfect Clones pics, the G and A are connected. And, for the love of God, 'ADJUSTE DTO FYE.' I want to shake these people.

Still, tempted by this, despite the fact that it's on the pricier side. Would like to put it on a leather strap.

Can anyone else weigh in?

Edited by ibush01
  • Like 1

Perfect Clones and Trusty are known for these off-color pictures.

Another example where the one in the video is completely different:

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_114&products_id=11372

But I don't think they had a gen for it, so the color is probably not 1:1, but it must be better than on these pictures.

I bought this from Trusty this past summer... COLOR is spec on to Gen... You don't know what kind of filters or crap is on the video cameras.

The color definitely looks off in their Vid.  I love the watch.  Have the ETA which has functioned very nicely so far.  A little fast but that is ok.

One thing that was evident is AR is omitted on top, but crystal is nice sapphire and clear. Remember the Blue in this piece is Titanium.

Titanium light weight makes for a very comfortable wrist. The band needs a bit of polish and oil but is super smooth.  Having had the original

in this piece on my wrist days before this arrived, I have to say the overall look and feel are spot on with Gen. AR and White on date rather than silver tone only tell, but we're in the know!

Here is a good Hi-Res Photo... http://s689.photobucket.com/user/jamler/media/Omega%20PO%2045%20Blue/OmegaPO45Titanium.jpg.html

Yes just looked at PC again n and the G and A are connected in all but the main pic. I am still a little leary about the color. Hopefully someone will order and post up some decent photos of it as it appears Waugh flat without the shinny metal blue look of the gen.

That one was to refer to the gen blue color. Original pic is here:

post-40168-0-05363500-1386098870_thumb.j

Note the red Seamaster sign. This one was London 2012 special edition - 34 mm Aqua Terra. All 34 mm AT have that marker @ 3. 38,5 mm and 41,5 mm AT don't :) Here you have some 41,5 mm shots as to refer to blue color:

post-40168-0-67216400-1386099294_thumb.j

post-40168-0-33529100-1386099316_thumb.j

post-40168-0-18946100-1386099381_thumb.j

post-40168-0-12786300-1386099401_thumb.j

(credits go to owners of these gen beauties)

But yeah, the blue color seems to be off. If the color is that off in reality, maybe the rep factories should get in touch with Seagull guys, as their blue dial on AT homage looks perfect.

They really made a smurf blue. Video and QC pictures on PC site now prove that.

Yeah. The same applies to TS Watch. They usually make better pics than other dealers, but in this case it does not help. The blue color is off compared to gen pics above. Different angles, no change in color:

post-40168-0-67072800-1386458891_thumb.j

post-40168-0-65987500-1386458898_thumb.j

I hope that Angus and his maker will bring something better and learn from BP flaws. He stated on RG that his version should be out until the end of the year (or 2-3 weeks). He also stated, that his maker did not buy the blue dial and was asking about the quality of blue BP dial which is not accurate as we see and also that the grey dial should come first.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the AT in blue today from TT. The color looked much closer to gen in the QC pics, so I accepted shipment. Seems to run OK, a little loud. Lume is non-existent. AR seems decent. Clasp was a pain to resize, pins were really in tight, but it's comfortable. But the color is quite a bit off, but with the right angle, it kinda varies. But it's been "smurfed". Still waiting on the PO Ceramic at PureTime, hopefully they also do the Aqua Terra. Hard to find a great rep.

post-57746-0-19610200-1388556029_thumb.j

post-57746-0-13384200-1388556034_thumb.j

post-57746-0-25603400-1388556037_thumb.j

post-57746-0-36419500-1388556042_thumb.j

Edited by nshahzad

I wish the factories could just get blue dial reps done correctly... It's a shame.

Yeah. Oh well. Maybe Noob with take it up as a project. It's still attractive and works well, though I think I might need to get it serviced sooner, rather than later, it's a bit loud. But, it's still pretty handsome, and I actually like this shade of blue over the gen one (which I wasn't crazy about seeing it in store)

Yeah. Oh well. Maybe Noob with take it up as a project. It's still attractive and works well, though I think I might need to get it serviced sooner, rather than later, it's a bit loud. But, it's still pretty handsome, and I actually like this shade of blue over the gen one (which I wasn't crazy about seeing it in store)

It looks nice, I mean, you're right blue is off, but I might be with you on preferring the blue to be more prevalent than it is on the gen, the dial seems to be missing the shine, while being lighter blue. Thanks for posting pictures! This rep has been the talk of the forums I've been hoping to see someone take the first dive! Cheers.

It looks nice, I mean, you're right blue is off, but I might be with you on preferring the blue to be more prevalent than it is on the gen, the dial seems to be missing the shine, while being lighter blue. Thanks for posting pictures! This rep has been the talk of the forums I've been hoping to see someone take the first dive! Cheers.

It actually is a little shiny, in the grooves. I was trying to capture it in the pics, but it was tough to. It's looks much better in-person (as I guess most watches do). It also still has that annoyed "ADJUSTE DTO" on the inside (why that can't just be fixed is beyond me, unless they made that many at once). My next is the newer Noob PO Ceramic, so I'm interested to compare that with this AT, just on the overall quality.

Edited by nshahzad

@nshahzad:

Have you looked at the dial closely? I wonder if yours too has some flaws, like the small dents in the grooves, or black spots?

Altough I have a gen 800€ Seiko, and it still isn't perfect dial wise. It has one speck on the dial, and one flaw which I first thought was also a speck. But from normal distance it is ok, and same goes for my Aqua Terra rep.

And what is more about Seiko, the bracelet squeaks more than the AT rep, I guess you have to baby oil all watches up to 1000€.

Of course reps aren't for me, but I still believe I can get a perfectly good gen watch for 300-500€.

What I also noticed on my AT, the power reserve dropped from 40 to 37 hours after only 2 months.

I still wonder where do they get so many of these movements. They all look the same, just look at the markings at the fine regulation screw, these aren't very typicall for ETA (at least not the ones made now), yet, all "Swiss" BP watches have them.

@nshahzad:

Have you looked at the dial closely? I wonder if yours too has some flaws, like the small dents in the grooves, or black spots?

Altough I have a gen 800€ Seiko, and it still isn't perfect dial wise. It has one speck on the dial, and one flaw which I first thought was also a speck. But from normal distance it is ok, and same goes for my Aqua Terra rep.

And what is more about Seiko, the bracelet squeaks more than the AT rep, I guess you have to baby oil all watches up to 1000€.

Of course reps aren't for me, but I still believe I can get a perfectly good gen watch for 300-500€.

What I also noticed on my AT, the power reserve dropped from 40 to 37 hours after only 2 months.

I still wonder where do they get so many of these movements. They all look the same, just look at the markings at the fine regulation screw, these aren't very typicall for ETA (at least not the ones made now), yet, all "Swiss" BP watches have them.

I saw one black spot putting it under the scope, around the 4 position. But not noticeable unless it's under the scope. Otherwise the dial seems OK to me. I'll upload some of the pics. The bracelet feels a bit light. I'll open it up tomorrow and try to get some macro shots of the movement. I'm sure it's a mess. I'll have to time the reserve from tonight, I've got it in a winder atm.

Are the Noob factory movements in good shape - e.g. do they need servicing right out the gate? I think I'll have to get this serviced.