When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new BK DSSD! PIC

Beautiful watch there mate. I've tended to avoid Rollies however the more time I spend on this forum and the more Rollie pics I see the more I begin to wonder if I'm missing out on something quite special.

Would be great to see some more pics of this watch. Perhaps a few lume and wrist-shots.

Very nice! Is the DSSD really so big on the wrist? I've got small wrists so this is maybe not the Rolie for me :bangin:

So, a co-worker brought up his DSSD for me to look at and when I tried it on it looked ok size wise but couldn't handle how awkward it looked due to its thickness. I also have smaller wrist but I have 42 and 43 mm watches but not any of my watches are 18mm thick! I would be all over these if they were a reasonable thickness.

So, a co-worker brought up his DSSD for me to look at and when I tried it on it looked ok size wise but couldn't handle how awkward it looked due to its thickness. I also have smaller wrist but I have 42 and 43 mm watches but not any of my watches are 18mm thick! I would be all over these if they were a reasonable thickness.

My wrists arent particularly big but I've just measured the vertical distance between the top of my wrist to the bottom (i.e wrist thickness) and it's only 40mm (at narrowest point). So the DSSD would be approximately 50% thick as my wrist!!! Wouldn't look right IMO.

Ok, so I have an Oris Aquis Date at 43mm by 13.5mm it sits nicely on my wrist.  Also My Rolex Milguass at 40mm by 13mm sits very nice on my wrist, I've also got a Tag Heuer Link Chrono at 42mm by 16mm sits with very nice wrist presence.  That DSSD is just proportioned odd, the bracelet, even at 22mm SEL, looks so small on that 44mm by 18mm hunk of a watch.  Like I said, I'd be all over it if it was a bit thinner, 14-16 and it be on my wrist for sure.  

jpz    "That DSSD is just proportioned odd, the bracelet, even at 22mm SEL, looks so small on that 44mm by 18mm hunk of a watch."

My take also and I can carry just about anything out there, looks great in pics but feels wrong. Mind you have larger ones it's the height as 44 is not that big on circumference, maybe at 46-48 it would work (well for me anyway) proportions are just off. Let us not get into the lack of bracelet to carry it off. :pimp:

PS Bill wear in good health as long as it works for you all good, just my experience with it. :notworthy:

jpz    "That DSSD is just proportioned odd, the bracelet, even at 22mm SEL, looks so small on that 44mm by 18mm hunk of a watch."

My take also and I can carry just about anything out there, looks great in pics but feels wrong. Mind you have larger ones it's the height as 44 is not that big on circumference, maybe at 46-48 it would work (well for me anyway) proportions are just off. Let us not get into the lack of bracelet to carry it off. :pimp:

PS Bill wear in good health as long as it works for you all good, just my experience with it. :notworthy:

Thanks, Feels great and very comfortable on the wrist. Have you even had a gen or a rep on?

Yup, it must be some magical fairy dust they sprinkle on at the AD!

Seriously, take a stroll thru a Rolex dealer, the watches just sparkle! I mean even an Air King looks awesome in the case!

lol the lighting they use makes a huge difference. I have worked a side security side job at Ben Bridge Jewelers for years now and ALL the watches look amazing. Even the 200$ cheapies. If you put BK's rep DSSD in a Rolex store it would trick everyone!