When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Correct Datewheels For Pams...

lello

Hi everyone!

Lello is back!

I don't know if anybody cares about it..., but we never know. ;)

I don't even know anything about what happened since I stopped visiting RWG, several months a go.

So, I can't be sure if you guys can be interested on this, but as Gil said on his recent post here, I've got just a few new datewheels for the Pams GMT's and PR, if in the meanwhile they didn't make any more with the 2893 mov.

These ones fit perfectly on our replicas, as the blank discs are the same as the previous ones I printed months a go.

On those ones there was a little problem, as some of the numbers were'n perfectly centered.

This time, this problem was solved and the numbers have been printed a little bigger and bolder, for maximum result.

155950-13721.jpg

Let me know if anyone can be interested in getting one.

Many thanks,

--

Edited by lello

Welcome back, Lello!

You are returning on the topic exactly at the same time that Finepics is releasing his 2893 and 2892-A2 datewheels.

Count me in for 1, anyway (if it fits the 2892-A2). The more, the better! :D

Just, I may assure you that your previous wheels did not fit the 2892-A2 (Power Reserve), only the 2893 (GMT).

are there any datewheels for the 44mm asian 21j movements yet?

I too am interested in these. The last and only new I got was that archibald was vaguely taking into consideration whether taking it into consideration or else... :(

are there any datewheels for the 44mm asian 21j movements yet?

If you can let me know the exact model name of the original mov. from which the asian 21j has been copied, I will try to see if I can get the blank disks and maybe order the print.

Potentially I can let them print any dial, I just need to get at least 10-15 people interested.

If you can let me know the exact model name of the original mov. from which the asian 21j has been copied, I will try to see if I can get the blank disks and maybe order the print.

Potentially I can let them print any dial, I just need to get at least 10-15 people interested.

...AND THANK YOU TO ALL ARE WELLCOMING ME BACK! :victory:

The so-called Asian 21j is a copy of the Miyota 82xx movements, which are quite similar each other. I think they do not differ in their datewheel, but you'd better focus on the 8215.

I too am interested in these. The last and only new I got was that archibald was vaguely taking into consideration whether taking it into consideration or else... :(

This remains an open question. Our original idea was to see if there is a way to create a very cheap, durable, easy-to-install and accurate solution ito the datewheel problem that works on a wide range of (or even all) watches. It's been a process of trial and error but we're 99.9% of the way there.

At this point, we've determined that our technique is 1:1 accurate, is durable, and easy to install. Now we just need to find out which movements it is applicable to. We know the technique will work w/ some versions of the Asia 21J but we're still working on finding out if it will work on all variations (PR, etc).

The asia 7750 may be able to be ordered as soon as the end of next week. We've gotten our technology, materials suppliers, craftsmen organized so that once we release the first wheel, our turnaround will be a less than a week for each model we decide to do....and the more we print the lower our costs get at all phases of the process.

Since this is a hobby we all love and not a business, we're not going to double up on anyone else's project...although if we find ourselves having to compete on any versions we release first to avoid taking a loss, we can become businessmen real quick.

This remains an open question. Our original idea was to see if there is a way to create a very cheap, durable, easy-to-install and accurate solution ito the datewheel problem that works on a wide range of (or even all) watches. It's been a process of trial and error but we're 99.9% of the way there.

At this point, we've determined that our technique is 1:1 accurate, is durable, and easy to install. Now we just need to find out which movements it is applicable to. We know the technique will work w/ some versions of the Asia 21J but we're still working on finding out if it will work on all variations (PR, etc).

The asia 7750 may be able to be ordered as soon as the end of next week. We've gotten our technology, materials suppliers, craftsmen organized so that once we release the first wheel, our turnaround will be a less than a week for each model we decide to do....and the more we print the lower our costs get at all phases of the process.

Since this is a hobby we all love and not a business, we're not going to double up on anyone else's project...although if we find ourselves having to compete on any versions we release first to avoid taking a loss, we can become businessmen real quick.

This sounds GREAT

is there any chance of IWC Ingenieur date wheels?? one can hope.....

I am working with Archibald and Ubi on this particular project. And the short answer is any and all watches are possible with known fonts or clear scans of gens. If a watch utilizes standardized movement turnaround can be within 2 weeks. And no run will be too small. We will post pictures of prototype for Asian 7750 in the next couple of days. No need to PM as it will be self evident shortly. Bear in mind this is not meant to compete with the 2893 project. With the new ones forthcoming we have no intention of doing those.