When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2013 Stanely Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks!

JoeyB

I agree. Two great traditional "Original Six" teams who have mutual respect for eachother. Nice to see Chara and Toews shaking hand after the game... Chara really punished him throughout the series.

Patrick Kane is still a classless little puke though. :D

I agree. Two great traditional "Original Six" teams who have mutual respect for eachother. Nice to see Chara and Toews shaking hand after the game... Chara really punished him throughout the series.

Patrick Kane is still a classless little puke though. :D

Toews hugged Chara. Kaner has changed, he's grown up some. 

Most here in Chicago were figuring we'd see a game 7. Boston was outplaying the Blackhawks. But with 1:16 to go, 2 goals in 17 seconds. With the tying goal you could see Bruins were just done.  

Its tough being a Bruins fan this morning. Yes the Hawks were a better team this year and did a great job pushing the puck

most games, but still I hate to go down in this way. Now we'll be know for the greatest loss in a game deciding Stanley cup

finals. Everyone will forget the great ending to game 7 against Toronto for the Bruins. Now they are saying it's 'Karma' for

the Bruins to end this way. The Hawks deserve the win, they were a better team, but we all just wanted to see a game 7

triple overtime ending!

Dave...

Its tough being a Bruins fan this morning. Yes the Hawks were a better team this year and did a great job pushing the puck

most games, but still I hate to go down in this way. Now we'll be know for the greatest loss in a game deciding Stanley cup

finals. Everyone will forget the great ending to game 7 against Toronto for the Bruins. Now they are saying it's 'Karma' for

the Bruins to end this way. The Hawks deserve the win, they were a better team, but we all just wanted to see a game 7

triple overtime ending!

Dave...

Yep, it has to be very tough. That was a still unbelievable way to end a game. let alone a Championship series. 

I do believe the Blackhawks are the better team this year, but I think The Bruins outplayed the Hawks for most of the series. It seemed to me that when Boston was just pushing the Hawks all over, was in the Hawk's zone relentlessly, and the Hawks looked to be beaten, that they went and scored. 

I think the series will go down as one of the best series in Stanley Cup play. While history will surely dwell on the two goals in 17 seconds to win, I don't think that will be remembered as a Boston Bruin failure or choke. I think the Boston Bruins should be proud of their series. They gave us Blackhawk fans a great run for our money! 

Bruins had size, best goalie in the NHL (Rask), great defensive-minded system (a lot similar that Kings used last year) and hardcore, gritty forwards... and probably the scariest guy in modern hockey, Chara.

Jagr was supposed to be their sniper... but he's 41 years old and while he played good playoffs he scored ZERO goals. They generated possession and moved the puck great in the offensive zone but in the finals they didn't have that "one guy" who could make the difference. All Cup winners always have had that... Yzerman in Detroit, Modano in Dallas, Lemieux in Pittsburg, Selanne in Anaheim, Gretzky in Edmonton, etc. Hawks had Kane, Sharp and Bickell.

True Krejci, Lucic and Horton scored a lot in the playoffs but not that much against the Hawks.

Bruins had size, best goalie in the NHL (Rask), great defensive-minded system (a lot similar that Kings used last year) and hardcore, gritty forwards... and probably the scariest guy in modern hockey, Chara.

Jagr was supposed to be their sniper... but he's 41 years old and while he played good playoffs he scored ZERO goals. They generated possession and moved the puck great in the offensive zone but in the finals they didn't have that "one guy" who could make the difference. All Cup winners always have had that... Yzerman in Detroit, Modano in Dallas, Lemieux in Pittsburg, Selanne in Anaheim, Gretzky in Edmonton, etc. Hawks had Kane, Sharp and Bickell.

True Krejci, Lucic and Horton scored a lot in the playoffs but not that much against the Hawks.

I have to disagree. Jonathan Quick was rated highest un the NHL and all we heard was how great he was, until the Hawks beat him. Crawford was rated 2nd. Chara beat up Toews all 6 games, but was exposed as being far too slow. The Hawks went right at him, took his elbows and left him in the dust. The majority of Blackhawk goals were scored when Chara was on the ice. 

I think this series showed that speed beats size. The Hawk's speed was the key to almost every goal, and the speedy Hawk defense stopped the Bruin's forwards. It's a more European style of hockey, rather than the Canadian physical game. While Boston looked as though they outplayed Chicago most of the series, goals scored were by the Hawks.