When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This is crazy

Erict719

If you have a variation with the dwo, it is probably in the dwo itself- slight imperfection in the printing/spacing of the numerals. You could get another dwo.

For date change, you need to pull the hands and reset them to change at 12:00- but 11:55 is not a big deal in my mind- if you go to bed at 10 or 11, who cares! I don't think a 4 or 5 minute variation in date change is a big deal- my guess is that the movement isn't built for an exact change at 12 anyway.

I have two problem with my wm9 2824-2

1) date is center sometime and low sometime.

but this only happen after I change a tc dial.

Dwo didn't got moved

2) the date change at 11:58, 11:55... Etc

Different everytime

wtf.....

any solution?

Sounds like the date wheel is catching on the dial hence the inconsistant changes and the non centered problem. You need to take some material off of the eta datewheel then replace the overlay.

You need some watch fixing experience to do this

Cheers

P.

If the dates are well lined up otherwise, you may just need to elevate the dial a tad with a spacer (small one).   The REAL fix is to remove the dwo and reinstall using smaller sticky material.  I have found that the dwo on the 2824 needs to be propped up to clear the gear retaining cover on the right side near 1-2 clock position.  TC uses double sided sticky tape.  I use thinner material to stick on the back of the dwo first than glue it in position.

If his date change time is varying every day, doesnt that sound to anymore more like a problem with some missing teeth somewhere?   I guess to clarify that OP - if you are setting time, do you hear the CLICK for the datewheel at the exact same time every time (but the wheel might stick a few minutes before flipping) or does the actual date flip click happen at a different time every time?

2824's don't have the same jumping click thing that 2836s have. The date flipper just turns without jumping, so the click is provided by the date disc teeth and the jumper spring. Small variations of the teeth (remember there are 31 of them) could result in the date flipping at slightly different times every day.

The same does not apply to 2836s.

2824's don't have the same jumping click thing that 2836s have. The date flipper just turns without jumping, so the click is provided by the date disc teeth and the jumper spring. Small variations of the teeth (remember there are 31 of them) could result in the date flipping at slightly different times every day.

The same does not apply to 2836s.

consider me informed.  thanks!