When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Submariner Noob or BP Factory?

aa007210

I have both.  In my opinion... BP Bracelet sucks, Noob is way better. Pearl is better on Noob.  Insert is better on BP. AR is way better on BP, Noob is too blue. Dial is better on Noob. Finish is better on Noob. Neither are close to a "super rep".  Combining parts from both might help.

Edited by wepiii

If someone put's these watches together and waterproof them, what would be a reasonable price? And from what parts would this best version exist?

If the bezel assembly isn't interchangeable then I think this build would be "best":

-BP case

-BP bezel assembly + insert

-BP hands

-BP hourmarkers

-noob dial

-noob bracelet

If bezel assembly is interchangeable then:

-noob case

-noob dial

-noob bracelet

-BP bezel assembly +insert

-BP hands

-BP hourmarkers

-BP hands

This thread is awesome. Thanks for all of the information. I'm venturing out of my omega realm and buying the noob version from PT. From what I understand most people like the BP crystal but the new noob version has the Rolex crown etching in the middle of the sapphire glass. I don't think anyone's mentioned that at all but man it sure got me excited.

Hi all, I started this tread a while ago because I wanted to find out which is the best or ultimate out of the box Rolex sport model Noob factory or BP Factory. I read almost all the post which followed on my question and I also asked some of the RWG TD's about their opinion. I found out that there is only a difference between the Noob and BP version Submariner No Date when you look at the case and dial. There is no difference in the lume; although some of the TD's told me that only the BP would have SuperLumed dial. When you see this model either on the website of Puretime, Trusty Time, Precious Time or Toto's you will see the pictures with a SuperLumed dial. I will show you that there is no difference at all. First I will post the Submariner No Date Noob and second the Submariner No date BP. Both watches have the A2836-2 movement.

Submariner No Date Noob

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net]p1010616a0n3olumc9.jpg 

• Like 2

The pearl of the BP is IMO the same (heights) only the triangle is different. The color of both pearls is different. I don't know wether the bracelet of the Noob will fit on the BP. I would only replace the clasp. Maybe the case of the BP is also a bit thicker and in that case the bracelet of the Noob won't fit. I found some pics of the pearl was forgotten to post.

p10106285d6wbicp1q.jpg

p1010629s7pw3mu9jh.jpg

p1010630t41sdiq3yo.jpg