When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Aquatimer Vs Iwc Ingenieur

ajoesmith

IWC Aquatimer vs IWC Ingenieur  

32 members have voted

1. 1. which one??

• IWC Aquatimer
    • IWC Ingenieur

Ingen 100%,... I had the Aqua and found that it needed a few updates which have never come...

The QC, Parts, and Manufacturing is substandard, on 'Every' Aqua, verses 3 in 10 simple QC on

the Ingen.

However, even if both were in peak form,....

still the Ingen is a much more solid, substantial, better designed, and imo...beautiful watch... ^_^

Kind of like the difference between a two star motel to a 4 star hotel...

help me choose

ALL FLAWS ASIDE which one do you think looks better?

IWC Aquatimer - $208 from Trusty

post-2248-1164727411_thumb.jpg

IWC Ingenieur - $279 from Trusty

post-2248-1164727378_thumb.jpg

and also does anyone have an black dial aquatimer that doesnt get a lot of wrist time??

Thanks

You've got a real problem, and i've got the same : both are definetly great!

May be Aquatimer, with its scaphandrier look!

regards.

Yeah, the Inge looks like its bezel fell off. Can you tell I'm not that big a fan? :D

Hmmm I can see that.... ^_^

Can you see this ?....~ On the Aqua,.. looks like they lost out on a bid for bezel inserts

so they quickly & crudely carved numbers then sprayed cheap paint around them

in an effort to make it look ..'real'... ;)

On the Aqua,.. looks like they lost out on a bid for bezel inserts

in an effort to make it look ..'real'...

I can see that. I'm currently trying to find accurate pictures so I can mix some acrylic paint and completely redo my bezel by hand. Yes, it's that bad. :D

Still, it looks the business, flaws and all, and still beats the Inge. :D

I can see that. I'm currently trying to find accurate pictures so I can mix some acrylic paint and completely redo my bezel by hand. Yes, it's that bad. :D

Still, it looks the business, flaws and all, and still beats the Inge. :D

Beats it with what stick ??

While you are at it... I know a trick that may align the 12 O'clock markers....

Pull the dial off, see if it has welding pins holding the markers,.. if so..stick a pin

into one end of the two, and push it outwards from the face a bit,.. then align

and use superglue to hold...

However that done.. don't you find the material of the dial has a cheap looking patina ?

I did... :mellow:

Ingy in a heartbeat - that is assuming you get one with an unbroken bracelet and unchipped bezel ring.

I almost forgot about that band problem.. Thanks, well the odds even out a bit...

Luckily for me,..I prefer a leather band, which I am searching for, which I feel will suit it better... ^_^

Hmmm I can see that.... ^_^

Can you see this ?....~ On the Aqua,.. looks like they lost out on a bid for bezel inserts

in an effort to make it look ..'real'... ;)

Quickly and crudely? The relief bezel is much nicer than a tin foil insert, IMHO. The bezel on the AT, and it's function, is unrivaled.

Thom

What makes the Ingenieur so popular? I guess it just doesn't appeal to me for some strange reason. :(

For starters, its one of the most accurate reps out there. Other than the date font and minute hand being ever so slightly short (both flaws which are difficult to see if the watch is not 1" away from your face) the watch is perfect. Ok, the Crystal should be AR coated too.

The dial is beautiful. Not only is the case and integral bracelet solid, but they are finished and fit together as a gen. The details, such as the crown and bracelet are amazing.

At first, I was not crazy about the design. But it was the same with Panerais too.

The Ingie is a solid, basic tool watch.

All that for about $275. Even if it did not say IWC, the watch is still worth the money.

The Gen Aquatimer is one of my most favorite watches. But the rep was never accurate. The bezel, the dial, the size...it just all looks off to me.