When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just go new Explorer II...DOA.

Guest REPPIN

Guest REPPIN

So I just got an "ultimate" explorer ii white dial 42mm from Andrew and it worked for all of about 5 hours.

Now the crown just spins, won't wind, won't set. And the movement runs intermittently now.

Sending it back to him and customer service is TOP NOTCH as usual. So he is going to check it out and send it back.

Has anyone ever sent back a watch to him??? How long did it take to get it back? Was everything good when it returned?

I miss the watch already! Here is a picture of it with my GMTIIC.

post-8024-0-97382400-1375245262_thumb.jp

Edited by REPPIN

I had a PO v5 ultimate literally die during Christmas weekend only getting it a couple a days before that. I sent it back a day after Christmas letting him know of the problem and to send it back so that his watchsmith can look at it. I made a post detailing my ordeal in detail here. My review of the watch after getting it back explained a bit of what the repair entailed.

Main points are that it takes a while for turnaround of a watch in repair, due to the customs and the mailing system in China (as I found out). Best thing to do is to keep in constant contact with Andrew to keep him familiar with your return (I kept in contact with him almost once a month to once every two weeks depending on circumstances). Follow his directions on how to send it back to allow it the best possible chance to reach him and his watchsmith as well as avoid customs seizing it. All while expressing the greatest amount of patience when the whole repair process is in progress.

Guest REPPIN

If that was a Swiss movement might have just bit the bullet and sent to Mike, sure Andrew will make right but patience is an understatement.

Can i send it to "Mike"? It is the Swiss ETA. 

Who is this person, i will gladly pay for someone to fix it if its sooner than a few months. 

I definetley dont want to wait a few months to get this watch back. 

Guest REPPIN

that's me, lol did you try winding it manually? Try that and see if that helps.

HAHA, 

Well yes i did. But Im telling you right now, its like the crown isnt even attached to anything. It wobbles on the stem, and it spins freely when its unscrewed. 

I cant wind it, set it, change the date, the GMT hand...NOTHING. 

So can you give me a quote on repairing it?