When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam390 genuine & noob significant different spotted

Topman5539

Ive order a pam390 and when they have send me the QC photo, I spotted the differences of the genuine pam390 and the QC photo of noob pam390 they sent me.

Genuine pam390 is more bold and thick compare to noob pam390.

Kindly refer to all the font in genuine and noob pam390

Here is the photo

ALE7575, please conclude this in pam user review.

post-56772-0-83234600-1376484490_thumb.j

post-56772-0-68855700-1376484812_thumb.j

post-56772-0-23885400-1376484915_thumb.j

Topman, Hern, I think you're giving too much credit to the salesmen when they say, "Like Gen".  Simply put: they're reps.  If they were like gen, they'd be gen. ;)

More to the point, though, the sausage dial is one of those things that the factories have been struggling with for years. The sandwich dials (111, 127, 372, etc) and applied dials (like the Submersibles, 29M, the Chronographs, etc) are easier to get right than the sausage dials. 

The gens are made by cutting a channel into the dial and filling it with lume.  It sounds simple, but as you can clearly see, it's a lot harder than it looks in terms of the width/depth of the channel, and filling it correctly (not too much, not too little.)

The 390 is still a very good rep, though.

I believe the H-factory's sausage dials are better than Noob's, but Noob's case and movement are better.  You could always buy one of each and transplant the H's dial into the Noob and sell the leftover watch here.

• 1 year later...

It's a smidgen of a difference  at worst . From here It really looks like you are nit picking and looking for faults.  

I've said it before , the truth is the 390 Gen or Rep is a MEH!! watch at best , though everyone jumps on the super rep bandwagon,  the watch is a minger regardless of the numeral font size micron gnats hair differences you want to see.  

It is OK to not like it , it is a gormless watch full stop .  

There is nothing wrong with the rep that isnt already wrong with the gen .   LET IT GO 

• 3 months later...

It's a smidgen of a difference  at worst . From here It really looks like you are nit picking and looking for faults.  

I've said it before , the truth is the 390 Gen or Rep is a MEH!! watch at best , though everyone jumps on the super rep bandwagon,  the watch is a minger regardless of the numeral font size micron gnats hair differences you want to see.  

It is OK to not like it , it is a gormless watch full stop .  

There is nothing wrong with the rep that isnt already wrong with the gen .   LET IT GO 

Wisdom / reality check here from the Trooper gents................. :pimp:

Also Baxter and I are in the real world w/ momo $7000 grand or 3 bills and a little off, no contest. ;)

• 2 weeks later...