When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

In a hunt for an accurate tt sub

greenking

Depends how picky you are and if you want gen like dimensions. You can get a $200 TT or build and spend upwards of $4k to build a SuperFranken.

Define and your wants and establish a bulk budget. Plan the build out (ie. forum research) and come up with a build blue print. I cannot stress enough the planning. It'll save you tons of headaches in the future.

Sorry to thread jack... I just sent a PM on that 16613 on RG for intent to buy... I am going to see if my $4.5K on my 16803 build is going to be worth it or not... if not and this 16613 is just as nice I am going to part the 16803 out and try and make some money back...

Sorry to thread jack... I just sent a PM on that 16613 on RG for intent to buy... I am going to see if my $4.5K on my 16803 build is going to be worth it or not... if not and this 16613 is just as nice I am going to part the 16803 out and try and make some money back...

that's a pretty nice watch. If you get it, replacing the bezel with an 18k gen or aftermarket  would really kick it up to the next level.

Well I paid the asking $2,400 for the TT watch on RG.... I have a gen 18k gold bezel assembly. My only concern will be the WM9 bracelet and how well it will hold up... as long as it holds up long enough until TC comes out with his TT bracelets.

Swap in the WSO bezel, if you see a noticeable difference. You may also need a WSO crystal retaining ring to match with the bezel. I'm curious to see if the WSO two piece end link will mate with the case. You could still produce a very accurate 16613 and have a real bracelet.

Edit: I see you said you have the bezel assembly. Ignore my comment regarding that.

Edited by ceocorona

I wouldn't start with anything less than TC, Bk, Wm9 or ST%%T*M& case.

You want and need genuine bezel construction. The TD's don't offer anything like this.

If you are patient, I would wait for the TC, otherwise contact BK and see what he has to offer. WM9 are long out of production, they were the best around by far, but not very many were made, I believe BK ordered about 100 kits, not sure he got them all, but it sold out fast. The other alternative is to start collecting parts, and build your own. I believe the biggest problem today is not necessarily the watch, because genuine blue dials are pretty common as are inserts, but the bracelet. it's the weak link now, as most of them do not have good plating that will hold up to everyday wear, and none that I know of have the exposed sides of the middle link of the end links plated, so you can see the SS from the side, which is a BIG tell. You can build a beautiful watch with a gen dial, bezel, insert, crown, and it's beautiful and very gen like, but the bracelet brings it down a couple of notches.TC is working on a bracelet project which will use either 18k gold links (the end links that have exposed sides), or well plated links. Unfortunately, this project is still in the prototype stage.

Well I paid the asking $2,400 for the TT watch on RG.... I have a gen 18k gold bezel assembly. My only concern will be the WM9 bracelet and how well it will hold up... as long as it holds up long enough until TC comes out with his TT bracelets.

I think that you will be very happy with the WM9, and if you have a gen bezel assembly, that's going to be a show stopper. I believe the WM9 bracelets were wrapped gold, they should hold up pretty well, certainly not hard wear like an all SS, but OK for everyday dress wear. Not sure about the sides of the top mid links. Mine were not plated, but Matt (mymanmatt) plated them, and they look like the midlinks are solid gold.

Congrats, do I get commission? :p

Look forward to your thoughts on it. 

Wks as you are not a VIP member or higher you should not be selling, as far as private deal I would have to check policy but am 90% sure it is a no no as everyone would not pay and circumvent the system. I am aware it is almost impossible to police such activity and since you nor anyone else can upgrade at this time whatever happens happens. I do feel it is warranted to point out the above as without price discovery (use of sales thread) no one has anyway of telling if they are paying the correct/market price on any piece. :pimp:

If you were wondering why the photos have disappeared from the RG for sale thread, the seller has confirmed his photobucket bandwidth has been exceeded.  I have suggested he re-ups the same photos to another photo hosting site, and replace the photos, as they have to remain in the thread due to the sales terms agreement.

Just thought I would let you know in case you noticed the images gone.

The seller stated you have had an email today with a photo of the package "Ready to ship"?

Hey SSTEEL, thank you for looking out my man, I really appreciate it. Yes, the seller has been in contact with me and has sent me a pic of the watch all packaged up. I am not concerned and should have the watch in my hands tomorrow and I will post up a lot more pics.

Thanks,

Wise