When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Heritage Submariner Big Crown

rps01

I am with Nanuq. It just looks funky (home brewed) & not in a good way. I also wonder if the advertising of his mods will eventually catch the ire of Rolex lawyers -

Rolex does not approve any modification made on the Rolex products by non authorized third parties, including the addition of verbal and graphic elements, as well as any customization activity (such as black coated watches, the addition of aftermarket diamonds, bezels, dials and bracelets, etc.). These modifications may harm the quality and the integrity of the Rolex products.

I know that it's the project x company making it, they do this all the time and don't get sued..

Am I the only one who likes it!? I hope my love of big crowns isn't clouding my judgement! I don't like modern rolexes because they leave me cold, no bevels, thick blocky cases etc. but in this case I feel like they did make a better looking modern rolex, way too overpriced though imo. I wouldn't buy it but I would certainly wear it.

post-38788-0-88435900-1378940012_thumb.j

post-38788-0-74437900-1378940074_thumb.j

I know that it's the project x company making it, they do this all the time and don't get sued..

Am I the only one who likes it!? I hope my love of big crowns isn't clouding my judgement! I don't like modern rolexes because they leave me cold, no bevels, thick blocky cases etc. but in this case I feel like they did make a better looking modern rolex, way too overpriced though imo. I wouldn't buy it but I would certainly wear it.

I like it, and I'm a card-carrying vintage Rolex fan/owner

Yes, it could have been better. These guys make cosmetic changes only - not major structural or mechanical modifications. The changes they've made make for an attractive watch - far better IMHO than any modern Rolex I've seen of late

Further cosmetic changes? Matte the dial, and top it with a domed plexi

I'll take the plunge and get one made up. Thankfully it won't cost me 15,000GBP ;)

• 3 months later...