When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

big crown sub project: raffles or trustytime for case

WolFF-1

That's a great list, Woof!  Thanks.  :tu:

My MQ case will take a dial made from a genuine 6538 plate.  That combination makes everything "visible" as accurate as possible.

Then the trick is to get a silent, reliable low-beat automatic movement in there, with the correct dimensions.

It's happening in the next 2 weeks.  :Jumpy:

Was that a yuki bracelet on yours ? I was thinking of getting one when he gets more in stock.

That's one of those thick riveted folded bands you can get anywhere for $50.  It's a good solid piece, but really thick in cross section.

Yuki's and MQ's are much thinner, with the correct attached endlinks.  But they're weirdly shaped so you have to do a lot of tweaking to get the endlinks right.

The MQ endlinks are pathetically soft and thin.  Overall it's really a piece of junk.  The rivets are bad, mine didn't fit the lugs, it was a waste of money.  But Yuki is sold out indefinitely so................

Check my review last night in my For Sale thread of the Squinky riveted band I bought off eBay.  It was remarkably nice.  Far better than MQ and about the same as Yuki for $155.

awesome list woof ! that should be a sticky somewhere.

nanuq - awesome about the bracelet, seems pretty good . just gotta figure out where to get the nice crowned clasp. ;)

still waiting to hear from trustytime.

leaning more towards the raffles,  next on the list is dial and movement. 2 new questions for you gurus

first what "affordable" notice the quotations! dial. gilt branded of course, helenarou or raffles or any other suggestions.

the other question i know i might annoy a few people. and i did do some search, but nothing definitive.

i could go with an eta 2836. i was hoping to keep it swiss as im not a fan of inaccurate time. and fiddling with the seagulls or dg's

but i started thinking more today about maybe a slow beat like 2846 or 2782

anyone have any good links on this to what could fit a raffles case if i wanted to go this route?

can it be done, has it been done before etc etc.  just thinking a slow beat swiss would kinda tie into my vintage fix.

If you want to use a gen sized dial you're into the stratosphere of Minh Quy and Phong cases.

But  then you get to use some really really nice dials.

I'm busy twisting the arm of a member here to sell me his.  And oh, what a dial it is!!

If you want to use a gen sized dial you're into the stratosphere of Minh Quy and Phong cases. But then you get to use some really really nice dials. I'm busy twisting the arm of a member here to sell me his. And oh, what a dial it is!!
I was able to use an ingod dial in a 6536 case I got from Andrew - I never actually measured the dial, but his site says they are 26.5s Edit with pic zy5ytypu.jpg Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Edited by tr573

5512 5513 dials are usually around 26mm

My bad then.

I dunno what's up with the cartel case then - it fit that ingod dial with no issue falling through - I didn't have to do any balancing acts like my 6542 from puretime after grinding the wok off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Cases come from same source so either is fine. Helenarou has a new red triangle insert with nice Pearl. You could always replace it with Ofrei Pearl too. Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

will the helenarou insert fit  on a  tiger/raffles case ? its larger than the raffles bezel mk emailed me the the insert is 37.6 and 30.1 raffles inserts are 37.55 x 30.8 i need one for a tiger case.

The HR is slightly larger but with a very light sanding will fit the Raffles. I don't have experience with Tiger cases.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks stevedrk !

some on here say that the tiger and raffles cases are one and the same, but the bezel looks thicker on the tiger case i ordered from ebay i will hold off ordering the insert until i have the case in my hand. i was told that the tiger case fits up to 28mm dial with opening at 27mm, i hope not i want to fit a helenarou dial 29mm in it !