When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

watch identification: Richard Mille

Legend

Given that Fake Tourbi balance wheel It dont look like a gen 

Thanks kindly Storm

Just to clarify, do you mean that the tourbillon wheel is just an "open heart movement" as opposed to a genuine tourbillon movement?

"A" looks like open heart from the pic. Do not see those on high gens to my knowledge , go search the net for Gen compare?

Mike I tried looking but I could not find anything close.

What intrigued me was that the subdial at 12 seems to be a calendar, something I did not see much on any reps.. usually its just a simple conventional datewheel with rotating numbers. 

Rep.

RM does not (and would not) use a balance bridge or regulators like that.

Thank you kindly.. it does look to be an interesting rep to me however.

You know how Rm dials are like, skeleton and generally a lot of details.

I kinda like the dial, rep or otherwise. It is just that I tried searching for info on this and could not find any, and looked to you guys for help.

Thank you kindly for your expertise Mr Ubiquitous.

The absolute fastest way to identify a rep of an RM is looking at the CB.
If it is curved (So the watch sits better on the wrist) its gen, since this is very complicated to do.
Never seen an RM rep that has this, and the dial is just terrible, the lettering is faded and not clear, unlike the gen.
If the CB and whole back side of the watch is flat = its a rep.

If it is curved (So the watch sits better on the wrist) its gen, since this is very complicated to do.

Never seen an RM rep that has this, and the dial is just terrible, the lettering is faded and not clear, unlike the gen.

The majority of reps are curved.... especially on the wrist.... the 36 especially....... I would not suggest that is quite what you mean mate.... a rep is simply not flat...

There is a shape difference ... on some models like the 11 etc.... as you look at the profile from centre of the case back or underside... on the gen the curve is greater...however the rep is softer but does curve round towards the lugs...so on the wrist you get the same look..... the difficulty isnt shaping the CB thats easy enough...the cost implication comes from the sides of the case and getting that to fit against the CB.... that is where the maker struggles but that is more a cost issue for him rather than a complication...if you know what i mean...

I had an RM 36 Skeleton rep that I got for a friend and the CB was curved.....I would not try to judge a rep by its CB on these.... there are plenty of other constant flaws on these reps that are much easier to judge..especially on the wrist :)

Heres a rep

Sorry LK the watch is a fantasy mate but very loosely based on a 36 RM...

thank you Pete.. you would be surprised (or maybe not) what the guy wearing this was saying with regards to the watch history :D

Thanks for chiming in Cokesmurf.. :)

thank you Pete.. you would be surprised (or maybe not) what the guy wearing this was saying with regards to the watch history :D

To be honest mate I think that rep with tha strap...says it all !! :);):)

• 2 weeks later...

What is fairly obvious about Rep Vs Gen for RM is the actual movement behind it. There's no way that the base is simply a plate. Usually we could see the wheels, etc and they are very vibrant and detailed. I haven't seen a rep in person yet, but when I see the gens, I don't think the reps could come close in terms of detail.

I couldn't find the exact model, possibly its a fantasy model, but Luxurybazaar has many RM's to look from if you are interested in comparing.

Not sure if its legal on this site, but :

http://www.luxurybazaar.com/categories/catid_24_Richard_Mille.html

GL Mr.A