When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Angus Returns With A Big Bang!

PureTime

damn, I wish they'd rep that fancy lookin bracelet, too!

The factory is not going to replicate it at this moment.

Man, aside from a few minor fit and finish issues (the crispness of the cts in the bezel screws, dial print color saturation, date window and pusher finish, less aggressive brushing on the rep, etc) there is not one single flaw on the front of this watch. A rebrush and some hevy dty poishing and this is as good as out of the box reps get. I'm starting to believe the "Golden age of reps" schtick...

Whichever factory did this did a great job. I hope they decide to do more nusual watches.

The finish issues will be solved when the final product is out, this is only a sample and the watch maker had disembled it many times.

Looks Great Angus...this is my favorite version of this piece:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hublot-Big-Bang-REF-30...1QQcmdZViewItem

I will ask the supplier to make this one well if the sales is good (I think you don't mind to own 2 versions of HBB).

Man, That's the same one I like, also the rose gold with ceramic bezel.

I'm asking you Angus, Is it possible to ask for a special version with swiss movement 7753 and ceramic bezel (also the steel and ceramic braclet) with any price. It will be the perfect watch.

Thanks

I don't think so, firstly, the dial has to be changed for a 7753 movement and secondly the bracelet is not replicated because the watch maker bought the gen with rubber strap only, he said the cost making the bracelet is too high.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was at the Hublot dealer in Toronto today to examine the BB.

There are two sizes for the HBB, a 40mm or so and a 44mm. The 44mm one uses a ETA 775X with seconds at 9, and the 40mm uses an ETA 2894 with seconds at 3. The RG with RG bezel version were only made in 40mm, which explains this. There's also an SS with ceramic bezel that is in 40mm, also using the 2894. The 40mm is noticeably smaller (bigger difference than Panerai), and thinner.

Hope this answers the difference. :)

Well I would never pay the Money for the genuine of this particular piece...but a rep of this quality is a must have (as Admin also said I beleive)....if the maker can do the black bezel exactly as the genuine that would be great, but since his piece has the SS bezel I would rather have whatever is most accurate....when I heard the rumors of the BB I had no idea this piece would be so good...then we have all these new other pieces coming as well...a few years ago we were getting maybe one really exciting rep every 6 months, now we are stacked with choices!!!!!

Man, aside from a few minor fit and finish issues (the crispness of the cts in the bezel screws, dial print color saturation, date window and pusher finish, less aggressive brushing on the rep, etc) there is not one single flaw on the front of this watch. A rebrush and some hevy dty poishing and this is as good as out of the box reps get. I'm starting to believe the "Golden age of reps" schtick...

Whichever factory did this did a great job. I hope they decide to do more nusual watches.

I'm becoming convinced of the 'golden age' thing, too. In fact, I don't think I'm going to be looking on the used section as much any more. No doubt there are some really good older reps, but I feel there really is a difference in what we're seeing over the last 8 months.

I'm planning on getting the Big Bang, the Offshore, and *maybe* an ultimate PO. I wanted to stay away from the 7750 movements as much as possible, but I guess I've got to just cross my fingers. I've got a Tag Link Chrono, and although it's been a little buggy, it's holding up.

Now, all I need to do now is figure out some aftermarket AR, and then all of my reps are going for in the treatment.

like it... but, some gens have white date and some have black date?!?!

is it an option of some sort... which model constitutes which color datewheel?!?!

Concerning the date wheel colour, here is a quote from another forum from JC Biver, the father of the hublot big bang (dated aug. 18, 2006)

"Well, well gentlemen, I think I might have to disappoint you.

Some nine months ago we decided to introduce from May 2007 on(if I remember well)the black date together with the black dials. The idea was certainly good and I can see from the reaction that some of you welcome this change.

But considering the stock problems and logistic problems we are facing with two date colours, we decided yesterday to come back to only one date colour, except for certain special models like All Black for instance.

Now, with all your reactions, I am tempted to reconsider our decision?

Will let you know."

So apparantly, the date wheel color will not affect the accuracy. Both colors are fine (though I must say I would prefer the black one, it looks nices on both the cf dial as well as on the plain black dial of the ss bezel version)

@Admin: Very true, on some pics of the gen dial that are taken from a lower angle one can even see parts of the next (previous) date on the datewheel, so the one on the sample from Angus look authentic.

@angus: if there are plans to make the black magic version, it should also be possible to make the ceramic bezel version since the black magic version has everything ceramic (bezel and case).

The SS version is absolutely brilliant. The AP too....the Breitlings that are out now or soon to be (Steelfish and Evo) are too....oh man.....

This piece looks very nice. I just looked at a few gens in the new issue of WatchTime. Very close to the mark....................!

Here some pics of the gen proving the date wheel is lower on the gen as well and a naked pic.

If you looks closely you can see part of the number of the next date from the side shots.

161161-12215.jpg

161161-12216.jpg

161161-12217.jpg

All in all I think the rep looks truely amazing. Only thing missing is the logo on the back, but that shouldnt be too difficult to make right ? it looks as if it is just printed on there...

161161-12218.jpg

Edited by uziuzi

I was at the Hublot dealer in Toronto today to examine the BB.

There are two sizes for the HBB, a 40mm or so and a 44mm. The 44mm one uses a ETA 775X with seconds at 9, and the 40mm uses an ETA 2894 with seconds at 3. The RG with RG bezel version were only made in 40mm, which explains this. There's also an SS with ceramic bezel that is in 40mm, also using the 2894. The 40mm is noticeably smaller (bigger difference than Panerai), and thinner.

Hope this answers the difference. :)

Thanks for your info! It does greatly helps!

Well I would never pay the Money for the genuine of this particular piece...but a rep of this quality is a must have (as Admin also said I beleive)....if the maker can do the black bezel exactly as the genuine that would be great, but since his piece has the SS bezel I would rather have whatever is most accurate....when I heard the rumors of the BB I had no idea this piece would be so good...then we have all these new other pieces coming as well...a few years ago we were getting maybe one really exciting rep every 6 months, now we are stacked with choices!!!!!

For the ceramic (black) bezel, what I can promise you all is "it will be available soon but don't know when, and it will be 101% same as original (guess what :rolleyes: )".

Everyone who is also excited about this awesome watch Angus is bringing us but what wondering whether the rose gold version does exist, check this out: special 100 pieces limited edition !!! cant wait for this to come out !

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tre...71659&rid=0

Really valuable information!! I am in for this one myself!!

like it... but, some gens have white date and some have black date?!?!

is it an option of some sort... which model constitutes which color datewheel?!?!

I think they should be the same... is this a 40mm/44mm issue again?

I'm becoming convinced of the 'golden age' thing, too. In fact, I don't think I'm going to be looking on the used section as much any more. No doubt there are some really good older reps, but I feel there really is a difference in what we're seeing over the last 8 months.

I'm planning on getting the Big Bang, the Offshore, and *maybe* an ultimate PO. I wanted to stay away from the 7750 movements as much as possible, but I guess I've got to just cross my fingers. I've got a Tag Link Chrono, and although it's been a little buggy, it's holding up.

Now, all I need to do now is figure out some aftermarket AR, and then all of my reps are going for in the treatment.

For later ultimate rep from me, they will be AR coated, you can save more :-)

Concerning the date wheel colour, here is a quote from another forum from JC Biver, the father of the hublot big bang (dated aug. 18, 2006)

"Well, well gentlemen, I think I might have to disappoint you.

Some nine months ago we decided to introduce from May 2007 on(if I remember well)the black date together with the black dials. The idea was certainly good and I can see from the reaction that some of you welcome this change.

But considering the stock problems and logistic problems we are facing with two date colours, we decided yesterday to come back to only one date colour, except for certain special models like All Black for instance.

Now, with all your reactions, I am tempted to reconsider our decision?

Will let you know."

So apparantly, the date wheel color will not affect the accuracy. Both colors are fine (though I must say I would prefer the black one, it looks nices on both the cf dial as well as on the plain black dial of the ss bezel version)

@Admin: Very true, on some pics of the gen dial that are taken from a lower angle one can even see parts of the next (previous) date on the datewheel, so the one on the sample from Angus look authentic.

@angus: if there are plans to make the black magic version, it should also be possible to make the ceramic bezel version since the black magic version has everything ceramic (bezel and case).

For the black magic, I guess even for a rep the price will be expensive, you can see from the Chanel ceramic watches, but for sure I will ask the maker to make this, but this will only happen when the steel and gold versions sell well, so if you have enough cash in your pocket, buy both ;-)

I think I prefer this to the AP ROO which is coming.... but it might be a bit big for me... sigh...

but... who cares...i will still get one...

This piece looks very nice. I just looked at a few gens in the new issue of WatchTime. Very close to the mark....................!

Haha, the maker also states this to me.

Here some pics of the gen proving the date wheel is lower on the gen as well and a naked pic.

If you looks closely you can see part of the number of the next date from the side shots.

161184-12208.jpg

161184-12209.jpg

161184-12210.jpg

All in all I think the rep looks truely amazing. Only thing missing is the logo on the back, but that shouldnt be too difficult to make right ? it looks as if it is just printed on there...

161184-12211.jpg

Thanks very much for the pics, the gold/ceramic version is really nice! But I will stick to the steel/gold bezel 100 pcs limited version :-)

The mark is easy to make but it may break the movement if it is 'printed' on it and it may fall into the movement if it is 'glued' on it. So leave it absent is the best way.

I like the black ceramic bezel model!!!

however between the steel and rose gold version available... i prefer the rose gold!

it says the rose gold version is a limited edition of 100pcs with individual numbers on caseback.... that would make the rep 99.98% then instead of 99.99% :p

Thats a tough fight between the two it seems. For me the Big Bang wins usually over most AP models due to the following reasons:

1) dont like the AP hands

2) I prefer a nice back window to see the movement (though this might be a newbie-syndrom which will fade away eventually)

3) most APs look too "steely" (as in too much steel) IMHO

4) and finally, the name alone is worth owning one. Isnt it a true pleasure to pronounce the name out loud ? BIG BANG !

This AP is a good one though, I especially like the carbon bezel, looks sweet. and also it has a very nice back window for good view on the movement.

Still, the Big Bang wins for me even above this one:

- the bezel screws look more elegant on the BB

- i prefer the BB rubber strap

- he white dial is hard to read off on the AP and the three chrono hands in three different colours are a bad style IMHO

- i like to have hour numbers on the dial and the ones of the BB are very exclusive

So Lets say, the AP goes down in round 9 or so :D