When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Angus Returns With A Big Bang!

PureTime

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Angus:

Not to be too annoying but have you started to send out the e-mails telling us how much and how to order? I repsonded to your pre-purchase message via e-mail but have not heard anything back from you. I just want to make sure that I am on "the list".

thanks

Angus:

Not to be too annoying but have you started to send out the e-mails telling us how much and how to order? I repsonded to your pre-purchase message via e-mail but have not heard anything back from you. I just want to make sure that I am on "the list".

thanks

No he hasn't started yet ;)

Awesome... just paid and eagerly awaiting a SS version.

I also liked the RG version, but after a while of staring, the dial doesn't look that great, the carbon fiber looks fake in comparison to Roger Dubuis Carbon Fiber dials. I'm also worried about plated gold, as I don't want the plating to wear after a while, and if you get any scratches, you can't really repolish it like the SS.

Awesome... just paid and eagerly awaiting a SS version.

I also liked the RG version, but after a while of staring, the dial doesn't look that great, the carbon fiber looks fake in comparison to Roger Dubuis Carbon Fiber dials. I'm also worried about plated gold, as I don't want the plating to wear after a while, and if you get any scratches, you can't really repolish it like the SS.

Admin from the pics the carbon fiber dial looks very VERY close to the genuine cf dial i ve seen a week ago in Geneva...

I understand your plated gold concerns but this special edition has only the bezel rg.. I wouldn't buy a full gold version as well. but just the bezel i think its ok..

Admin from the pics the carbon fiber dial looks very VERY close to the genuine cf dial i ve seen a week ago in Geneva...

I understand your plated gold concerns but this special edition has only the bezel rg.. I wouldn't buy a full gold version as well. but just the bezel i think its ok..

The CF dial by Dubuis is very refined, you see in each square that the lines of carbon fiber are really fine and close together, and they provide a really good 3D effect. That CF just sort of looks fake to me, but since I haven't seen it in person I can't say for sure, but I just have a little hunch it is stamped plastic. The dial just looks a bit unrefined and raw to me. I had a chance to examine the RG/Ceramic bezel version last weekend, and the CF seemed finer and had more depth to me.

I have small wrists, and the bezel seems to pick up most of the wear for me, and I would like something that can be repolished or rebrushed, and that you wouldn't have to worry about coming off in years.

I agree with Admin on this one, porr (in my opinion) looking stamped plastic "carbob fiber" dial is a deal breaker for me. Plus I would never buy a plated gold anything, just asking for trouble. The S.S. version however looks GREAT, I hope the movement holds up.

Both TVT and Admin are probably correct on the CF dial being poly stamped, although Angus hasn't really said one way or the other, but being silent on the issue means its probably stamped. But call that another flaw I can live with on the RG version since showing the back of the case will reveal more flaws. It is the overall look I'm after personally since its for tryout purposes only, I'm not gonna have this watch forever so gold plating doesn't bother me. I believe the RG version is the much better looking of the two. When I'm wearing a rep. I always let my peers know it and why I'm wearing it, I don't want them to get the wrong impression since I'm in the company of gen wearers who don't need impressing. Most people will never pickup that it is stamped CF from 2 ft away, the overall combination of looks is what I'm after, not to fool anyone. That's why I'm wondering if a CF strap can be fitted to this. If you want it for other purposes then I agree, go with the SS version for now until they come out with the black bezel version.

I can understand prefering the rose gold version. though I am NOT a "gold guy" at all even I think that the RG version is quite striking. Like you Omni I am not out to "fool" anyone. I ALWAYS tell people that it is a fake, even if they just casually mention my watches and 90% of the time I wear gens anyway, so to me it is much more about collecting and not at all about fooling.

With that said the faux carbon fiber still bugs me for some reason. I agree with you that I think it will look just fine on the wrist and the back has bigger flaws as far as that goes, but it still just bothers me... not sure why. I also would be a little concerned about the plating. Of course these are not watches that one wears forever but I still would prefer something that lasts. But if you prefer the RG I guess there really is no choice and I am sure it will wear well.

TvT:

Wasn't a "gold" guy either but was getting a little tired of the same thing and well, it seems to fit now that I'm almost 60. I've had too many steel, platinum, silver watches and just purchased a gen RG Girard.P vintage dress watch off of ebay to try something different. Now I'd like to see how a two-tone case looks on my wrist and finally found in the BigBang design something that appealed to me.................and I know why the fake Carb.Fiber bugs you because you had stated your reason for collecting reps was the "fun of the hunt" seeing how close to a gen. you could find. Obviously the stamped CF ain't it. The fit and finish of any rep. will never stand up to a gen. no matter how much some believe it will, so really the minor flaws don't bother me.

The fit and finish of any rep. will never stand up to a gen. no matter how much some believe it will, so really the minor flaws don't bother me.

Too true. On another point, I can't be bothered telling every Tom, [censored] & Harry that my watch is a rep unless they inquire more about the watch. I am not one who likes telling much about my watches (reps and gens) unless they show genuine interest in knowing more. I also don't fancy sounding off 'alarms' in any way suggesting that I have sources to reps. Or in any way try to present myself in a way where I am "mocking" those who own a genuine piece of the rep. Afterall, being around pple in hospitals, owning gens are pretty much common and the last thing I wish do, is to be marked as someone who "support terrorism" as many misinformed pple would like to think. In addition, I would probably get into trouble if they knew I was to own a rep. These reps are for myself not to pass off any genuine to anyone else (if I were to even TRY and pass off as a gen, I would very much rather get the real deal than make a mockery out of myself).... Most of my reps are my beaters anyways and if I do like this BB, it would follow the ranks of my other beloved reps.

I would not have even thought of buying a BB but seeing how close the rep is, I dont mind buying it to give it a try. IF I really do LOVE it, hey, who knows I might go for a gen. I honestly can't wait to get this piece esp. with the anticipation surrounding this piece. I might just get the SS version as well if I like the RG. Can't bloody wait. :)

I had a chance to examine the RG/Ceramic bezel version last weekend, and the CF seemed finer and had more depth to me.

I agree.. but the genuine one looked to me as 'stamped' as well...

In the description of the watch in the Hublot site it says:

dial: Carbon stamped

which makes me think that maybe the rep is not so different that you think...

I will try to find a good closeup of the genuine dial to compare it.

ANGUS... LOOK HERE:

THE STEEL/RG VERSION IS A FORMULA 1 LIMITED EDITION AND IT HAS STEEL HANDS AND NOT ROSE GOLD....

MAYBE YOU CAN TRY AND LET YOUR MAKER KNOW OF THIS AND CHANGE THEM TO SILVER

PLUS .... there was a special inscription on the back (for the F1 Grand Prix) or something like that but since there is nowhere a photo on the internet this is not a big problem...

On the Turkish bi-color the hand are in steel and the numbers in gold.

166934-10842.jpg

Sorry v but i think you make a mistake from my vu here not sure but i think the istambul edition the hand are rose gold...

just make sure is not the light (dont forget only 100 are made like that)

eric

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=5133

I am not mistaken... Angus and his maker has a big catalogue with a big photo with rose gold hands and that's why they put gold hands in the first place.

BUT the photo of a real 'production' model for sale (and not catalogue picture) shows it clearly with silver hands..

The light can only deceive to show the silver hands gold and NOT the other way around!!!

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tre...77749&rid=0

PLUS The representative of Hublot (j.c.biver) said at timezone that the produced watch at the end has silver hands...

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tre...ev=&reveal=

It is the same case as Panerai.. Other watches in their catalogues and promotional photos and the final production watch has differences.