When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

which TC SUB to buy?!

jack219

HI.

i want to place an order of TC SUB.

but im so confused!

i skimmed of TC BLOG and see some kinds of TC SUB.  tc sub ver5/tc lv sub type 3/ caddell submariner.

i want the sub that closet to gen... if so, whats the best sub for me??

p.s.- i have a gen black insert that i bought few days ago and im plan put it on my tc sub.

Thanks

Jack

The only sub avalaible at the moment i think is the black v5. If you have a gen black insert this is your watch, and the most acurate 16610.

The green TC 16610 LV with maxidial and maxihands is not avalaible, and you will need a green insert too. The maxidial is no so acurate for the black 16610, is like a mod.

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Caddell Sub is as you can see on it's blog a "fantasy" mod for his Submariner. Black DW, no cyclops lens, red "like Yatchmaster" seconds hand, etc.

The TC Sub v5 is just like the Submariner released by Rolex. No fantasy.

"Big" upgrade between classic TC Sub and Caddell Sub is the dial. It's much better (gen like) on the Caddell Sub.

But you can't have this dial on a classic TC Sub right now. Just read the blog... :)

• Like 1

thank you for your help.

i read the blog.

actually i can take this caddell- Caddell Submariner 25-295-C and ask from tc change the black DW to white, i think all the rest looks like the classic 16610. am i right??

i say it coz now only the caddell is availabe. the v5 sold out currently.

Thanks

Jack

...actually i can take this caddell- Caddell Submariner 25-295-C and ask from tc change the black DW to white...

I don't think TC will do that. I remember he previously stated if you want classic look, but with the new "like gen" dial, you will have to wait.

Another option is to buy the Caddell Sub, and a classic DWO, then ask your watchmaker to swap it.

Just ask TC about this, we'll never know what he will answer

• 1 month later...

I don't think TC will do that. I remember he previously stated if you want classic look, but with the new "like gen" dial, you will have to wait.

Another option is to buy the Caddell Sub, and a classic DWO, then ask your watchmaker to swap it.

Just ask TC about this, we'll never know what he will answer

I have same question. Waiting for reply from TC. I think TC sub is the best!

Grrrrr all this talk of TC subs and I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered! I ordered it in October and was told 5-6 weeks! I guess it may even be next year now :(