When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

which nato to buy?

explorer69

@explorer69, if you are in Europe I would browse cheapestnatostraps.com 

I own a few basic nato and regimental straps from there and the quality seems pretty fair to me. And they're ridiculously cheap.

I'm actually looking for a nice Nato for my new TC Sub myself, anyone have some beautiful pictures of your watch with a Nato on?

I've got a NATO from Corvus, which I think only came in a couple of variations- Standard NATO and RAF in grey and Bond colors. 

10614298274_4f036f4785_c.jpg

It's a good, durable strap... Does it's job very well and looks good. But it's only a temporary means for the time being...

Also have some straps from WestCoastime... Good and cheap. Lots of colors available... And perhaps a bit softer than the Corvus strap. But I think the Corvus may be more true to a Military NATO... At least, that's what they advertised...

i was actually looking for a black one with black rings but cant find it, doesnt matter if its more expensive

www.watchworx.co.uk

All stainless steel fittings, stitched rather than glued as per MOD spec. Nice pvd finish that fades beautifully over time

Cheers dh

Any owners of both tss and timefactors can enlighten which seems highest quality?

I am hunting for the "best" black on black strap to go with a TC 16610LN v5

Looking at these atm:

http://www.watchworx.co.uk/images/Military/G10PVD1.jpg

and

http://www.timefactors.com/images/pvdnato-5.jpg

lhooq, i do have small wrists.

which model of timefactors do you mean? dou you prefer 18 or 20mm for the 1016 ?   ;)

It has to be 20mm!  Unless you're trying to be James Bond, there's no sense in using an under-sized strap.

Regarding leather, the best leather NATO I've ever owned is from RWG member mcotter:

i-FJRMqHW-X3.jpg

• Like 1

i gave it a try, communication with Jan is spotless until now, my nato should be shipped tomorrow. :1a:

Horween shell cordovan is the best quality leather you can buy. Plus it's the only leather that can be thin enough for NATO style. Good luck. I'm placing another order with Jan today as well.

• 2 weeks later...