When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWI or RG? Best M2M section?

fraggle42

Hopefully not a contriversial question, it's not meant to be anyway :)

Which has the best M2M section? RG or RWI?

RG seems to have been aound longer and has more threads and posts, but that's no guarantee it's the best.

Reason for the question is the success from sales here have been lacking. I haven't sold many things, but RWG.bz has about 80% of my sales, and here 20%. So I thought I'd VIP up on one of the other two and try there, but which one?

That's a legitimate question but funny somehow...

Most of my sales where here...I'd say 70% here, 15% RG and 15% RWI...

For the VIP...don't VIP on RG I'd say...I'd got banned there just because I used the "wrong" avatar...:|

And...you don't have to VIP over at RWI for selling as long as it isn't a high value sale...

I always list here and RWI, much prefer here but you do get a wider pool of people to sell to on RWI so it makes sense to use both. Not VIP so never listed on RG however I do like the sales board there and again is a lot busier than here.

If you're selling, you might as well cover all your bases.

If you're buying, this (meaning RWG) is the only place that showcases serious franken watches. RWI has high-volume but mostly unmodded from the factory. I like RG as well as you get middle of the road modded watches but rarely see the $5000 franken there.

• Like 1

If you're buying, this (meaning RWG) is the only place that showcases serious franken watches. RWI has high-volume but mostly unmodded from the factory. I like RG as well as you get middle of the road modded watches but rarely see the $5000 franken there.

+1

This is where its at if you like ultra frankens and high end pieces.

There is a reason for that guys the serious modders the brain trust so to speak of reps resides here. Does get a little sleepy at times as a good part of our guys are not about banter and socializing but if you need to know something this is the place. It is an invaluable resourse for the Rep world.

Thanks everyone.

This

is about what I thought.

It agrees well with the watches I've bought from here, RG and RWI too.

I've gone VIP at RG, it's just a one off payment, and RWI has suspended VIP memberships for whatever reason, but if anyone can post sales there then that's all good :)

Time to take a few more photos of the next batch of watches to sell :)

Oh, would I be correct in guessing that all 4 boards are gen graveyards? Is it worth posting in WUS for gens? They're not high value though, a Seiko and a Trazer.

Thanks everyone.

This

is about what I thought.

It agrees well with the watches I've bought from here, RG and RWI too.

I've gone VIP at RG, it's just a one off payment, and RWI has suspended VIP memberships for whatever reason, but if anyone can post sales there then that's all good :)

Time to take a few more photos of the next batch of watches to sell :)

Oh, would I be correct in guessing that all 4 boards are gen graveyards? Is it worth posting in WUS for gens? They're not high value though, a Seiko and a Trazer.

I would definitely say you are correct about genuine watches. I would suspect that since these are rep forums, the vast majority of folks are looking for reps. Here they are looking for modded/franken watches, on the others mostly out the box reps, but occasionally a modded, but I have never seen franken watches of the caliber here on the other forums. 

AFA genuine, I wouldn't waste my time posting a gen here, just not the right buyer market. I tend to use WatchUseek primarily, sometimes TZ. TZ has a lot more "Shoppers" but more "tire kickers" as well. If  I were selling a watch that had a strong forum on WUS, that's where I would list it. Forums like Doxa, MKII. Ocean7, etc. that have official forums attract more people who are visiting the forums and then go to the sales forum looking for a watch. If I were selling something more unique, like a a Ulysse Nardin, Chronoswiss, IWC, etc. I would probably list them on TZ, as they have more traffic and sell more of the other brands. WUS lists tons of Seikos, so you wouldn't be wrong to list it there. Don't know about the Trazer, but why not, give it a shot, you never know.

• Like 1