When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

rep with copy Venus or Lemania movement

gluglu

Hi, I'm the first noob of the noobs.

I'm reading and reading and reading lots of stuff here and in some other forums.

So I would need some help to understand if there's some seller who trade with rep chrono with the copy Venus or Lemania movement inside.

If I'm not wrong it seems to be the better movement for a rep and I'm gonna get my first "piece", a daytona rose gold, possibly with that movemente inside.

Any suggestion or information will be very appreciate.

Sorry form my ugly English.

greatings....

The MN PAM uses one plus a few other PAMs so does a few of the Dress watches Roger Dubois etc....as Markie mentions ..I also recall some Rolex's running some too...but you will need to check watche son the dealers site... However...

If you want a copy venus alone rather than a rep then try Ofrei, Cousins UK or Borel etc

Or contact a dealer direct just email them ...they may be able to source one alone or can tell you which watch is the cheapest with that movement.... I did the same with A7753s..I bought a load of the 188s for around $180 a pop... :)

Thanks a lot for the quick replies.

Well, reading on the forum it seems it's wrong to ask "what's the best seller to buy reps".

But honestly this world is bigger than I thought.

Mainly I approached this "huge sea" because I've a project in my mind: my father has gone couple of years a go and I've found in the garage a very old "table watch", broken and with some pieces missing.

It's something without a real value, probably more than 50 years old, own from his family but I really would save it, So, as Obama would says, "I've a dream": repairing that by my self.

Looking for info on the net I've found this forum and now, as we say in Italy, I've a "monkey" in my mind: buying some very good rep and see how it is.

I'm very interested in learning as much as I can but I would get my first piece before Xmas. And I know how hard it's receiving some package in Xmas time here in Italy (delays.......package losts.....italian post sucks!!!).

So, just in order to save time, can I ask you a suggestion for a daytona and for a hublot big ban, shipped to Italy? which si the best movement? who's best seller? maximum price? any info?

Thanks in advance

greatings........

Edited by gluglu

The Seagull ST-19 chrono movement, which is a copy of a Venus 175, and often erroneously referred to as a "Lemania"  is widely used in replica watches...I have owned @ a dozen of them over the years....I currently have 2 IIRC,,A Pam 192, and a Panny 42MM Rad in rose gold...

The movement is built in China, using a lot of the original tooling from the old Venus factory, that was originally sold to the Russians, and then to the Chinese, to power the Chinese pilots chrono from the 1960's  

Edited by frankt
  • Like 1

Thanks for the help.

So, please someone could help me suggesting the best "link" for a Hublot Big Bang and a Daytona? Maybe with the Seagull movement or another affordable movement? 

Even with private message, if this is not the proper place.

Greatings......

PS:PeteM, congratulations for your nick pictures.....That's my favourite movie.

Good taste...Great film but better book :)

I cant help mate as I know of none with a venus without searching myself... it might be best you start searching yourself... just search one or two of the bigger dealers sites like perfectclones and puretime...if you cant find anything then email a dealer direct and ask him ...

Big Bang wise you wont find the best versions with a Venus only an A 7750... depending on the model the best versions are from the V6 maker and the H maker...all dealers can get these..

Overall best HBB OTB range is from the V6 maker...

Daytona...well thats all about your budget..  best to search the Rolex forum to see what the Rollie Intelligensia are saying...

Just received this PP today from Trusty Time.

I believe this has the movement you're looking for:-

435a2aaf05bb92949a8e9c377c02c605.image.6

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39_202&products_id=703&zenid=137dc9ed07c7b9187199ae3ca1c5c939

I so want to turn the movement over in the case. Sod reading the time, I want to see that movement ticking all the time!

Nice piece, congratulations.

I've tried many times to comunicate with trusty time but I can't find him on line.

And I've sent couple of emails without any answer.

Plus, sometimes the web site is off for a whole day than it comes back.

Anyway I'll look for a 7753 hublot big bang or daytona

Nice piece, congratulations.

I've tried many times to comunicate with trusty time but I can't find him on line.

And I've sent couple of emails without any answer.

Plus, sometimes the web site is off for a whole day than it comes back.

Anyway I'll look for a 7753 hublot big bang or daytona

Are you sure that it is Andrew you are emailing and not one of those scam cloners using his old names etc?

Andrew is usually very quick to reply especially before you order ;) I would double check you have the right contact info mate...

If you have then it could be the way you are writing your question and he doesnt understand or thinks you are a funny one.... remember his first language aint English..and between teh 2 of you ..you could be struggling..

And remember its a 7750 :)

Are you sure that it is Andrew you are emailing and not one of those scam cloners using his old names etc?

Andrew is usually very quick to reply especially before you order ;) I would double check you have the right contact info mate...

If you have then it could be the way you are writing your question and he doesnt understand or thinks you are a funny one.... remember his first language aint English..and between teh 2 of you ..you could be struggling..

And remember its a 7750 :)

Well, I've found Andrew under the list of the trusted Dealers. I've used the "offline - Leave a message" on the right side of his website.

By the way, this is what I like:

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=279_280&products_id=9425

I've asked info about the transhipment through UK, payment with paypal and if there's some chrono with Lemania movement.

I'm Italian and my English isn't the best but I think at least, people can understand me.

I would understand if the package from UK to Italy comes as a box or as a envelope. This question is because in Italy boxes can be opened and checked without a reason. On the other hand envelopes can't: police need an authorisation from the Tribunal. So if it comes as an envelope the risk for custom is almost deleted.

That's the watch I like, looking for the most affordable movement with the minimun price: if anyone would suggest me another link I will be very happy.

Also, I love this one (Andrew hasn't this piece available on his website):

http://v.yupoo.com/photos/chuang1968/191586251/

founded under the trusted dealer list. But the web site is not very clear to me. Some parts are in asian, I can't find price and shipment condition.

Greatings....

Dont use that contact method mate..

Go down on left side of home page and select "Contact Us" then fill in the form.... leave all your details and your question etc

That link you are using aint great mate...

But if you like that and have researched the watch ..then buy it and select the triangle shipping option to Italy via UK. I think Andrew still guarantees delivery or he will replace it so its worth the extra cost with you in Italy..

That second link you posted is a computer generated image, it isn't a picture of an actual watch.

Is faaaar too perfect, no dirt anywhere at all, everything is in perfect focus and the biggest give away of them all, all the screws (strap and bezel) are properly aligned.

Hublot never bother to align their screws. I actually think they train their assemblers to make sure they're misaligned in every one! Terrible (if you bought a gen)

Thanks fraggle for the info. Guys everyone here is very kind.

I've sent a couple of emails using the "left side", as PeteM suggested and Andrews replied in less than 2 minutes. Very good!

I had all the info I need and was going to place the order and..........Dada....! I've found a mig mistake on the replica.

In the gen the date is white numbers on a black ground.

In the rep, checking the pictures and the movie is on the same too, so it seems perfect.

But under the section "QC PICTURES FOR VIEWING"

http://imgur.com/a/clHUI

checking the pictures the date is black numbers on a white ground.

Also, on the gen, bezel is ceramic but on the rep Andrew declares it stainless steel. 

I'm not gonna send another email to andrew because he could think I'm a "funny one".

I think I'll get this one:

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=279_287&products_id=9420

correct date colors and ceramic bezel. Price is 30 bucks higher....

What do you think guys?

greatings......

I don't think Andrew will mind if you have a question about the date being black writing on white background in the QC pics and the other way around in the advert.

If you still fancy that watch knowing it's got a metal bezel (I can't see any difference in the bezels to be honest!), just ask him which colour the date is on the ones he can get now? (there might have been an early batch with the inverted colour date wheels from which those QC pics were taken)

What people mean about being a "funny one" is if you ask one question, and get a reply to that, and then spot some other small detail, ask about that, get a reply, spot another small thing, etc, etc, etc, so Andrew sees maybe 10 emails, each asking about some small detail. Some people expect a rep watch to be so close to the genuine $25,000 watch they will question every microscopic difference! You don't seem to be one of those, and asking about the date being the wrong colour is a perfectly valid question to me.

Both watches look lovely, and I think the second one is closer to gen, but of course that extra work costs money. An extra $30 in this case.