When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

tc v6

jalalinator

If you're hanging around with the sort of pals who insist on taking the bracelet off your Submariner, why wouldn't they just ask to see the movement?

Or just ask you to turn the crown clockwise and watch which way the hands turn. If I was inspecting a watch for gen I would do that before taking the bracelet off. "Most" gen owners know less about reps then rep owners know about gens.

Or just ask you to turn the crown clockwise and watch which way the hands turn. If I was inspecting a watch for gen I would do that before taking the bracelet off. "Most" gen owners know less about reps then rep owners know about gens.

Really? Have you seriously asked someone to hand you a watch and then proceeded to check which way the hands turn? People notice my watch on my wrist. They will either say, "nice watch" or "is that new." No one asks if its real or not and I would never even dare ask anyone either. If I see a nice watch, I will say the same : "nice watch."

I don't try to trap anyone and would hope that no one tries to trap me. Anyone who does has a serious inferiority complex and is wearing the watch for the wrong reasons.

Really? Have you seriously asked someone to hand you a watch and then proceeded to check which way the hands turn? People notice my watch on my wrist. They will either say, "nice watch" or "is that new." No one asks if its real or not and I would never even dare ask anyone either. If I see a nice watch, I will say the same : "nice watch."

I don't try to trap anyone and would hope that no one tries to trap me. Anyone who does has a serious inferiority complex and is wearing the watch for the wrong reasons.

Lol, no I have never done that. You took it all wrong. I would never do that, lol. I am not worried about someone asking me to "hand over your watch" either, lol. I was just saying that if someone went as far as asking you to take your bracelet off your watch, they would probably know enough to spin the crown first. Maybe I worded it wrong or something. The whole "afraid to be called out" makes me chuckle, maybe because I'm to old to be questioned about wearing a rep. If someone asked if my watch was real, I would say F-off, lol.

no my eta clone goes anticlockwise when turned clockwise.and 21j goes clockwise when thr crown is turned clockwise.but the beat rate is too slow obviously.and to any one scared of being called out your in the wrong hobby.and just save up for a gen and carry the paperwork lol ha ha

Or you could get new friends!

not as easy to make new friends lol, but easier to just be honest and say your wearing a rep if your dumb mates ask you about the watch ,or get pams as nobody has even heard of them so u cant get called out,me i stay with rolex subs

Edited by live1

Unless your friends are super high end watch fanatics, no, you will not be called out. On the other hand when you can afford a real Rolex, get it. No one will tell the transition. You however will. :-)

TC V6 looks solid. Hope he brings back the LV soon. Here is my TC LVIII with gen LN FF insert. None of my friends ever called it out and there are only gen watches in my family.

Posted Image

Sent from my sub using Helium

I doubt that even high end watch fanatics are able to call one out wearing a TC sub.

The possibility to be plain wrong is way to high...there were so many changes on the gen sub and there are so many gen sub owner who modify their watches...at which point, unless one opens the cb, removes the bracelet or is trying to set the time, should they be clear to call out the rep?

The biggest call out will ever be wearing a watch that you cannot afford as gen.

Sent from my wooden drums using Tupperware

List of tells?

-No serial number on case

-No rehault engraving

-Crystal?  No AR?  Magnifier is off?

-Gen hands would turn counter clockwise when you turn crown clockwise?

-Metal color off slightly

-Insert.  Pearl is off?

-SEL

Edited by subaruski

List of tells?

-No serial number on case

-No rehault engraving

-Crystal?  No AR?  Magnifier is off?

-Gen hands would turn counter clockwise when you turn crown clockwise?

-Metal color off slightly

-Insert.  Pearl is off?

-SEL

-Do you pull the bands off of your watch and show people between the lugs? Even with a NATO band, it is still difficult to see the engraving.

-As for the no rehaut engraving, it shouldn't have any. This is based off of the mid series run that had no lug holes, rehaut engraving and definitely no AR.

-Correct, but again do you set the time in front of other people?

-You can't tell unless you have a gen right next to it. Your only other alternative is a gen midcase made out of 904L

-Vintage Caddell Insert is the best aftermarket insert. Even the back of it is gen like.

-SEL - Aside from the SEL the link right after the SEL is off. The middle part sticks out too much. I already contacted TC about this and emailed him pictures of examples.

There is a great thread on how to make your rep period correct on RWI, when it's back up search for it. Basically a TC sub with shallow bezel teeth is very close to a Y series except for not having the bracelet model number engraved on the underside of the first link of both sides of the bracelet. If it has deeper cut teeth it is closer to a newer model, I can't remember the letter of the model or what little mods would have to be made to it to be correct.

TC is afaik based on a 2003 F-series and is extremely close to a gen F-series. The only tells are the bracelet, serial number and then the bezel insert if you look at a certain angle. 

Overall it is extremely close and the Caddel Vintage insert as well as the pearl is very good. It even comes at a ridiculous low price of 35 USD. 

There is a great thread on how to make your rep period correct on RWI, when it's back up search for it. Basically a TC sub with shallow bezel teeth is very close to a Y series except for not having the bracelet model number engraved on the underside of the first link of both sides of the bracelet. If it has deeper cut teeth it is closer to a newer model, I can't remember the letter of the model or what little mods would have to be made to it to be correct.

Edit: Here is the link to the RWI thread on period correct TC sub. Have to wait for RWI be back up and running of course.

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=164222

• 3 months later...