When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

a rep of the Lange 1 - exists ?

db1

Hi mates,

I was wondering, does a rep of the A.Lange Sohne - Lange 1 watch exists ?

I've seen some photos, and I was wondering if the dial (big date, hour and minute hands, power reserve hand) was functioning or was that an al cheapo rep or photoshoped photo ?

Here's an example link (dont know the website - just using the pic)

http://www.cup12.com/static/images/20121119/alange-sohne-replica-watch-grand-lange-steel-mens-ls10-e67b0468-600x800.jpg

What do you think?

Cheers,

Db1

I havent seen that one on any sites myself..I have seen pletny of Big dates and the leftie big dates...

you could search watcheden they tend to chuck all reps (good bad and downright bloody awful) on their site.. ;) But personally why not contact a few dealers with that pic...they will likely know straight off if it is out there..

But I doubt it will be a good rep...

yes...various Lange 1 reps exist..obviously the date isn't right on the reps...and what should be the power reserve is actually a date indicator...there's quite a few different models of the Lange 1, so you need to look closely...i've owned at least three and have sold them over the years...Pete is right, check out watcheden - i actually think that's where i picked mine up...all in all - they are nice looking pieces...not exact by any stretch - but nonetheless, nice to wear...good luck...

here's some pix of a robertk's: http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/133378-hump-day-wristies/?p=979488

here's one of my old ones in rose gold: http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/101644-mid-week-wrist-check/?p=696617

Yes, there are reps of various versions of the Lange 1 out there. They are all pretty terrible as far as accuracy to the gen goes, but since you're unlikely to actually see a gen in real life, if you like the watch by all means buy one.

If you are looking for accuracy, you'll never see it. The movement in the gen is not going to be replicated by the Chinese, so you'll always have flaws like dial spacing, sunken datewheels, etc.

Ditto tomhorn's comments, except that I think Lange 1 reps are so far off that I would never wear 1. I have been searching for an accurate Lange 1 rep since long before I came to RWG & I have yet to see anything that does not shout rep. At the very least, to come even close to passing for a gen, a rep would need to have the large date feature, which was the hallmark of the 1 & something that the Asians have not been able to properly master.

To sate my Lange desires, I picked up a nice Grand Arkade in 2000, which is pretty good, but also lacks the big date. Though, on the Arkade, it is a less prominent feature, so it is much less of an issue audemarsandlange30022__-2_tonemapped1.jp

Ditto tomhorn's comments, except that I think Lange 1 reps are so far off that I would never wear 1. I have been searching for an accurate Lange 1 rep since long before I came to RWG & I have yet to see anything that does not shout rep. At the very least, to come even close to passing for a gen, a rep would need to have the large date feature, which was the hallmark of the 1 & something that the Asians have not been able to properly master.

To sate my Lange desires, I picked up a nice Grand Arkade in 2000, which is pretty good, but also lacks the big date. Though, on the Arkade, it is a less prominent feature, so it is much less of an issue audemarsandlange30022__-2_tonemapped1.jp

Any more pics of that JLC? Is it a rep and if so, where did you purchase it?

Edited by DeeCee

autumn_jlc_wristie0142__-2_tonemapp.jpg

Like the Lange, the JlC preceded my RWG days & was purchased from some anonymous (& long-gone) rep website I located via 1 of the popular search engines pre-2000. The strap is a German-made Di-Modell, that I added later.

Every once in awhile, while searching for something else, I come across a similar JlC model listed on 1 of the RWG sellers websites, so you might search through them or ask if they can source it for you.

autumn_jlc_wristie0142__-2_tonemapp.jpg

Like the Lange, the JlC preceded my RWG days & was purchased from some anonymous (& long-gone) rep website I located via 1 of the popular search engines pre-2000. The strap is a German-made Di-Modell, that I added later.

Every once in awhile, while searching for something else, I come across a similar JlC model listed on 1 of the RWG sellers websites, so you might search through them or ask if they can source it for you.

Great looking watch. Thanks for the info