When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5513 Project complete...ish.

dbane883

Well my fellow Rolex brethren, It is with joy and a bit of sadness that my 5513 project is just about complete.

The aim was to create the most accurate mid '60's 5513 sub as possible..preferably a gilt.

The starting point was a gen cal 1520 movement...  A Yuki case was ordered and i had a nicely relumed Yuki 5513 gilt dial that I acquired a year or so ago..  But as I was trolling through the jewelry district in NYC the other month, I stumbled upon a nicely weathered (to put it mildly) gen meters-first gilt dial.   I snatched it up immediately.   Upon installing in the Yuki case, it was obvious to me that the case had to go.. I then committed to go (nearly) all gen on this one.  Finding a gen mid case was not easy that's for sure..not to mention cost.  Thank you @lionsandtigers for your help and support.  

So here are the specs:

Gen 5513 mid case

Gen caseback

Gen 1520 movement

Gen gilt dial/hands

Clarks T19 crystal (I will replace it in due coarse)

Gen 700 twinlock crown/tube (will replace with NOS set as the crown is slipping a tiny bit)

Gen retaining ring

Gen NOS service bezel (looks way too new)

Gen insert

Gen 20x2mm spring bars

Horween shell cordovan strap

Rolex Inox buckle

6sp7.jpg

6zsl.jpg

k189.jpg

9s9w.jpg

9eio.jpg

4ue8.jpg

91qt.jpg

n870.jpg

14wd.jpg

gwnx.jpg

Wow ! thats a gen in my eyes ! congrats i am building a yuki 5513 but because its a low budget i will fit a eta 2472 even my low budget builds can excess 1000usd  :)

Wow ! thats a gen in my eyes ! congrats i am building a yuki 5513 but because its a low budget i will fit a eta 2472 even my low budget builds can excess 1000usd  :)

If you are using a Yuki, might I recommend shaving the CG's a little bit?  Yuki could lose a little bit of weight.

Here's a reference shot.  Gen on top.. Yuki on bottom (if you coudn't tell  :) )

psjb.jpg