When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

702 tube vs 703, a question

lionsandtigers

DB is your tube gen or aftermarket? I ask because there is only one tap listed for the 603,700-703 tubes. .35 is the pitch. Could be that the previous tap wasn't sharp enough?

I always run the tap slowly to make sure that the threads are ok before putting a tube in.

DB is your tube gen or aftermarket? I ask because there is only one tap listed for the 603,700-703 tubes. .35 is the pitch. Could be that the previous tap wasn't sharp enough?

I always run the tap slowly to make sure that the threads are ok before putting a tube in.

It was sold to me as a NOS 702 tube.

So either the tube is a rep, or the pitch on a 702 is different. Or I'm just a wimp and should put more muscle in screwing it in.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I just installed a yuki 7030 tube into a 5514 HH case.

Even though it was originally correctly tapped (correct pitch), I had to retap the threads to get the tube all the way in.

which tool did you use for retapping the case? I've had similar difficulties with screwing my 0702 NOS tube all the way in..

which tool did you use for retapping the case? I've had similar difficulties with screwing my 0702 NOS tube all the way in..

Three of us having same problem with a 702 tube.   It's gotta be a different pitch.  But what?  0.30?  0.40?  0.25?  I think we can safely say that it is NOT 0.35

Three of us having same problem with a 702 tube. It's gotta be a different pitch. But what? 0.30? 0.40? 0.25? I think we can safely say that it is NOT 0.35

Thats something I have never heard before.

All 6 and 7mm Rolex tubes use the same thread.

This is the HH case before the re-tapping.

I wasnt able to get the tube to screw in fully

Posted Image

I used the thread tap I always use.

For 700 or 703 tubes or even 600 tubes.

Always worked, should work on a 702.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For Rolex 700/703 tubes, it requires an M3x0.35mm tap. (Handy to have in your tool box.)

0.35 is the "pitch".... Which is the distance from one thread to another. In this case 0.35mm for 703 tubes.

Apparently the jury is still out on the required tap for a 702. I'm certain it's still an M3 tap, but having the wrong pitch makes all the difference in the world.