When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replica's Versus Fakes

daunwaun

Yeah to ask one question then,

why not buy a "genuine swiis made watch" then a watch made out of some swiss parts in asia?

You are collecting replicas that are made to pass as authentic, and if then werent then you wouldnt be trying to figure out how to make it a perfect replica.

When i say you i mean anyone you does what i am refering to.

I believe you have sweeping misconceptions of people's attitudes on life in general. Do all people that hang the roll of toilet paper over the top automatically are pigeonholed as "incorrect"? "all are made to pass as authentic" but all people collecting replicas are not collecting them to pass them off as authentic, because quite frankly, THEY WOULD BUY A SWISS authentic. I don't mod, but I'm sure a very few do this to make it passable as gen., but I think the majority of collectors that mod. only do it as an enjoyable hobby to see how close they can get to "perfection". Its a collection hobby of appreciation for most. A lot of traffic passes through these forums in search of "passable reps buyers" as you say, that's a given, but the people that frequent and post the most are not here for that. If you'd respect the members that are here and look around and read you'd figure out how foolish your views on all our motives are.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DW, apart from trolling the forum I've no idea what you are trying to achieve.

I own a 'replica' of this watch:

160830-12274.jpg

Made by Poljot issued last year, here's the pic:

160830-12275.jpg

Now this is made by the same company and they call it a 'reissue' but it's not, it has a different dial, different movement, it's a replica...or is that a 'fake'..... who cares! It's a fine time piece in it's own right, just as my noobmariner is from TTK. Perhaps pseudo Rolex would be a more acceptable term for you...LOL!

I browsed through this post and was kind of surprised by Gioarmani's rather emotional reply. Then I went over to TRC and read Daunwaun's post in question. I suggest to all of you to do that. It pretty much speaks for itself.

Someone please show this Gentlemen the way to the door.... he's obviously lost here.

:troll2vk:

This guy must be Jetmid's cousin...

:lol:

Yeah and some of us remember what happened to him, the laughingstock legend. Which reminds me I did a followup research at JetMidwest and it seems James Dearth was not for long selling / leasing jets as he no longer works there. He had posted also as "jetmid" on car forums where he [censored] off a lot car guys with his bragging about how many cars he had bought and sold and he was only 24, seems to be his MO. I recently checked at Jetmidwest and they are hiring. James is no longer listed in sales and was probably a junior sales rep anyways since he claimed he was given the watch to show him the potential of jet sales and leasing. At the beginning of 2004 they acquired 25 used jets, mostly parked in Victorville, CA. They are now down to 7 jets in their inventory which means that new sales/leasing division they formed in 2004 is about done, also had a change of CEO's since then.

His famous brother Chad Dearth is the owner of KCTrends of Kansas City and I suspect the probable source of the final pictures of the Patek.

James was born Sept 4, 1979 and should be 27 today.

Here is Dong Wong's Post from TRC:

"Look,

Lets face 90% of you probably dont have a dollar to your name.....yet you cheap scums have the nerve to buy a fake watch.....that isnt even waterproof.....flakes gold.....i could keep going.....Look, the bottom line is this i have a few dollars to my name and i own a couple of genuine rolexes, but i dont like wearing my authentic 25k day day to my office everyday....and my sub is just not dressy enough....so i look to a good replica....and all of the dealers here are horrible...and lets face it you get what you pay for....to a certain extent

Look to most reputable dealer that i know, and that is George....from watchmaker9.....and i will argue successful with any of you on that....all the dealers watches here may look good now but when you have to buy one of theirs every 6 months - a year, then you have just bought one of georges watches. And lets face it.....if your sporting a rolex then you better have bank to back it up.....or else your just a fake loser that needs to get his ass kicked to know some reality in it.....it is all of you that are giving replicas a bad name....because you cant afford even a replica in the first place......

I ask all of you..no i beg 90 % of you that cant even afford a replica.....TO GO GET A F-ING LIFE....

thanks guys,,

D"

And in about 2 minutes he won't be posting here either...

Say Goodnight Gracie...

TT

I dont Understand why everyone has an issue with calling a rep a "fake"? If you put a brand on any watch, in theory you are claiming that what to be that brand. It doesnt matter the matterials, the movement or even the dealer, you are still trying to pass of a "fake" to be the Gen.

If you arent, why are you buying these watches?

Dont saying it is because they are well made, or becasue you like the dealers, or because you like replica's!

Why not buy a swiss watch, like a tissot for the average price of 2 replica's you can get from a dealer here.

I dont have an answer for anyone here, but i own 3 gens and i have 3 replicas that are identical, and i have bought these reps for everyday wear and tear, the main reason is to preserve the value of my gens.

My last questions is this,

People say they cant afford anything more then 200 or even 300 dollars usd for a replica, yet they are buying a replica that has a brand name worth 1000's, Why are you trying to pass off that you can afford those brand name watchs when you can barely afford a replica that is only 200 usd?

All you guys that hate me feel free to rip me up, i dont mind.

But before you do just answer my questions first.

D

Yoyu know, I try to be as objective and fair as I can be, but I have to tell you the body of your posts, both here and on other threads is downright obnoxious. You consistently represent the view that your reasons for owning a rep are the only ones with validity.. i.e. to guard against the wear and tear of the genuine in your drawer. Your posts have also in the past demonstrated a certain arrogance with respect to you r income and wealth. Big deal. Believe it or not, you are not the only person on this site with the wherewithal to afford genuine premium watches... others are just not as concerned about adverstising their good fortune.

Look, for most of us collecting replica watches is fun and makes watch collecting a variety of styles and brands possible. Very few people (even those who can) desire to buy 20-30 high grade premium watch bands, regardless of their wearwithall, but they love the design of the watches as well as ollecting and trading. They also enjoy the community of this board. Can they buy tissot's. Sure, and maybe they do along with their reps. . but why should anyone restict themselves in order to meet your standards?

Terminology...just that.... Replica, Fake. Sexton. Moody, Rikki, Bent........whatever, I personaly could care less :rolleyes:

Motives for owning one...well thats a world encompasing can o' worms that could fuel a thread forever.

But...

Throwing rocks at peeps monetary standing (or rather their lack of) is all just a bit relative, in some money circles owning reps to save wear n tear on a couple of tawdry Rolex would be cosidered the actions of some being from a lower strata. :whistling:

Here is Dong Wong's Post from TRC:

"Look,

Lets face 90% of you probably dont have a dollar to your name.....yet you cheap scums have the nerve to buy a fake watch.....that isnt even waterproof.....flakes gold.....i could keep going.....Look, the bottom line is this i have a few dollars to my name and i own a couple of genuine rolexes, but i dont like wearing my authentic 25k day day to my office everyday....and my sub is just not dressy enough....so i look to a good replica....and all of the dealers here are horrible...and lets face it you get what you pay for....to a certain extent

Look to most reputable dealer that i know, and that is George....from watchmaker9.....and i will argue successful with any of you on that....all the dealers watches here may look good now but when you have to buy one of theirs every 6 months - a year, then you have just bought one of georges watches. And lets face it.....if your sporting a rolex then you better have bank to back it up.....or else your just a fake loser that needs to get his ass kicked to know some reality in it.....it is all of you that are giving replicas a bad name....because you cant afford even a replica in the first place......

I ask all of you..no i beg 90 % of you that cant even afford a replica.....TO GO GET A F-ING LIFE....

thanks guys,,

D"

And in about 2 minutes he won't be posting here either...

Say Goodnight Gracie...

TT

ok, goodnight gracie. Sorry, i could not help it.

Hey dickheadwaun, quit trying to change the subject to make yourself sound like a non-lying board member. I can hear you mouthbreathing from here.

I own a business and it gets noticed by a lot of my clients and a lot of my clients own Genuine Rolex's

Lets face 90% of you probably dont have a dollar to your name.....yet you cheap scums have the nerve to buy a fake watch....

Look, the bottom line is this i have a few dollars to my name and i own a couple of genuine rolexes

So what if i have money?

LMAO!! Right. You've never even hinted at how fabulously wealthy you are; not trying to paint that picture at all, are we?...

If you read between the lines you clearly see everything i say and said is justified.

yeah i got banned because i spoke my mind, is that a problem?

Alright, assclown, let's read between your lines and see what you've justified, shall we?

Look,

Hmmm..not much to read there, other than the obvious. Pretty self-explanatory of who you are actually!

What are you; a [censored]ing infomercial?! You don't have to find new ways to state it--it's obvious how much you love george & watchmaker9.

We heard you tell him, right after he came in your mouth.

hey chubbchubb i hope you understand that i was clearly responding to being verbally abused

You were being abused, huh? Let's take a look at abuse, shall we?...

Look,

So tell me again, what sort of asset to the boards have you been?

Again, feel free to go [censored] yourself. If you're still too ignorant to figure it out, try actually breathing through your nose for a change, & hit Control+P on your keyboard to print yourself out a copy. You can have the nurse staple it to the wall right next to your list of daily medications and Reading Rainbow posters.

You are not welcome here. If they don't ban you here like everywhere else (not for speaking your mind of course; hell, I would've gotten the boot ages ago :) ), I will personally add you to my buddy list to [censored]-house every last one of your posts.

Now, if you've had your fill of the fake watch forums, which you have so vehemently stated everywhere--regardless of how many times you try to change the subject from how much you suck--why don't you go join a replica clothing forum instead? You can trash them for not being able to stand up to the quality of your "gen" Salvatore Ferragamos. And maybe they'll be able to find you the perfect shoes to match your colostomy bag while you're at it.

161007-12247.jpg

Merry Christmas.