When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC 16610ln v6 with gen insert

sputim

Just picked up my v6 and it is outstanding! Everything is just perfectly aligned and bezel rotates smoothly. Bracelet needs some nice treatment but it was a charm to size it since every screw was perfectly smooth to work on. The tc vintage insert is great and definitely no need for a gen one, unless one is very picky or having a spare one at home anyways. Nevertheless, I had one waiting so I thought why not ;) Enjoy the quick shots :)

post-50919-0-45425500-1389104758_thumb.j

post-50919-0-99229400-1389104763_thumb.j

post-50919-0-44761800-1389104771_thumb.j

• Like 1

Looking good! Yes I can live w/ the TC vintage insert in mine looks fine of course gen better but i can not justify cost against difference.

Yes but I was offered a good deal some times ago, so I just pulled the trigger. So eventually if you can get hold of one, don't hesitate. But it's not first priority in my eyes either ;)

sputim - is there a noticeable difference between the gen insert and the TC Vintage insert? It's hard to tell from photographs.I have a used gen bezel insert inbound but am overall happy with the TC Vintage insert on my V6 and am wondering if it is worth installing the gen insert immediately or if I should wait (keep the gen insert in reserve, so to speak)?

Looks great!Can't wait to get mine!

Indy you will like it! It's a quality piece and the dial kh dial is awesome :)

sputim - is there a noticeable difference between the gen insert and the TC Vintage insert? It's hard to tell from photographs.I have a used gen bezel insert inbound but am overall happy with the TC Vintage insert on my V6 and am wondering if it is worth installing the gen insert immediately or if I should wait (keep the gen insert in reserve, so to speak)?

First of all the vintage insert is indeed excellent and the most important part is the pearl which is definitely gen like! The only tell is the slight bend of the insert, which however looks somehow nice and it's not that bad I guess. Personally, I pulled the trigger on a good offer on the insert and I decided to do so since I already investet a lot so why not make it even better? ;) Nevertheless, it's definitely not a necessity to change the insert if you rather want to keep it for an other watch ;) In the pictures I posted, gen insert is already installed :)

• 1 month later...

Just received a gen AR'd crystal for my tc v6 and immediately changed it. Have a look at the result on your own. In my opinion it makes a huge difference and is an awesome mod. Next thing will be a gen crown but since TC's crown is excellent I am in no hurry. Btw I won't change the bezel assembly since I can't spot a difference between the tc assembly and the one on my gen z-series lv :)

post-50919-0-71784800-1395240163_thumb.p