When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Linde Werdelin The One

atomic_doug

Doesn't look bad. I'm not a fan of this particular model though. I do love the SpidoLite and Oktopus models, although will never consider purchasing one, rep or gen. Very contemporary brand, kind of in the same boat as De Bethune and MBandF but maybe not as outrageous with their innovations. It is a very late release for a watch that was released over 4 years ago.

The problem is the straps: LW's strap system is quite unique and AFAIK, the only source for them in Linde Werdelin themselves.  (And they are not cheap.  The basic black rubber strap is 200GBP. )

Good news is that there is an RG member who's making a lot of different leather straps for the LW

A SpidoLite rep would be great too, but considering how long it took them to get the what seems like a simple dial right, I don't have much hope for one in the near future

• 2 weeks later...

etu4urah.jpg

This is probably one of the best otb custom built rep ever offered by our favourite TD.

za2ybyma.jpg

All those unfounded worries about microscopic details like lume markers and date wheel alignment can be cast aside... This beauty just takes your breath away

ygenyre9.jpg

Under daylight, the watch exudes a form of rugged elegance, like subtle flamboyance. Looking simple from afar yet packing a punch closer up.

ury7ete6.jpg

Rubber strap not the softest, crazily long probably for 9" wrists or to wear on the biceps. Watch can be adjusted down to probably 6-6.5" to be worn comfortably. Well my motto is... If the lugs stick out of your wrists... It's a clock and should be around ur neck.. This one fits perfect and is for sure a keeper! Great job Angus

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Its a robust looking watch for sure, and very accurate to gen, from what I can see.

It is one of the watches that look good on its own, rep or not. 

Its a winner in my opinion, and one in the many exciting releases by PT.