When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (preview)

markiemark

Guys you can also go this route http://www.drcustomwatch.com/fifty-fathoms-homage-watches.html%C2'> at least at 395 to 550 you get a quality piece hand built one at a time in USA by Dennis . I have a few from him first rate.

60milspec2.600.JPG

milspec5.600.JPG

$515 with ETA 2824-2

IMG_9114.600.JPG

Yup sorry thought I put link up :bangin::partytime:  that is it, Dennis is a  good guy to deal with also.

Thanks Mike - Just bout myself a one way ticket to sleeping on the couch....   :fool:

Pulled the trigger on the 100ATM PVD diver that he had with ETA 2824 for $495.  Gonna need that much depth for as much shit that I'm going to get...

:snorkel:

• Like 1

I believe that we have totally hijacked the original thread !! :nono: However here is another example of a BP FF homage, and this is from the guy who actually owns all the Tornek-Rayville property rights, trademarks, logos, etc. that would be Bill Yao of MKII Watches. There are plans to bring out a TR in the future, but Yao is sloooow, as every watch is assembled in Switzerland and upon arrival back in the USA, he disassembles watch, checks every minute detail, adjusts the time and pressure tests to the true depth. So your watch from him is not from a lot of 100 watches that may have 10-15 selected for pressure testing, he tests every one. :)

This watch the Stingray has been out of production for several years, however they do come up for sale on the WUS sales forum and other sales forums, so they are available if one is patient. Sales prices a year or two back were in the 500-600 USD range depending on condition.

post-327-0-79891400-1390758288_thumb.jpg

Panerai153, you're spot-on about Bill Yao being slow as molasses.  But, it's forgivable since he is so incredibly thorough.  I suppose adding more employees would speed things up, but increase cost.  Cutting corners would speed things up, but allow mistakes.  (Seeing as I've never heard a single complaint about Mk II build quality, I think Bill would like to keep that trend going.)

At some point, he is guaranteed to release a Tornek-Rayville model, but at this rate, that will be sometime in 2020.

Still though, I'd like to see him expand into some original designs.  He's made a nice career of copying old watches whose collector value puts them well out of the reach of the common man.  However, a nice homage to a big crown Sub is still just an homage.

Edited by atomic_doug

Who is that? Have a link? :-)

Here you go: http://www.prometheuswatch.com/diver-watch-collection/prometheus-sailfish/#!/~/category/id=7120166&offset=0&sort=normal

Nice looking watch with a Seiko movement. I don't care for the hands though, look like they belong on a pilot watch.

I must say I think I'd rather have the Prometheus Sailfish than one of these reps. The dial is nicer on the FF rep, but it's way too pricey for what it is, we can't allow the dealers to keep on hiking the prices up, starting to get silly now.

Just can't decide between the Sailfish with a black, grey or yellow dial! :)

Nice looking watch with a Seiko movement. I don't care for the hands though, look like they belong on a pilot watch.

Ditto.  Art Deco 'Skeleton Pears' are an odd choice for a diver!

Handsome watch, but aside from the bezel, not a strong resemblance to the FF.  Were I to choose one homage to the original '53 FF, it would have to be the Helson Skindiver.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful picture Mike

and super-thx for the tips from the start of this thread, my Seiko is coming in today and just waiting for Yobokies no-date gold version dial, hands and the lumed bezel insert to arrive. Only part missing is the red-tipped second hand, maybe try to put some varnish on myself.

• 2 weeks later...