When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bell & Ross Wrist Shots

mog

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm, looks a little too large. (...) it looks like a human wrist can more easily accomodate a 47mm round watch than a 46mm square one.

Yes, Miles, I agree. Especially that PAM187 47mm chronozilla looks much better than a 46mm square "clock". (Just kidding :D ) You know what I mean :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I really am not sure why they would design the watch so big that virtually no one can actually wear it without looking like an absolute clown.

I really appreciate indenial's shots and willingness to tack a little flack here, but it just looks stupid in my opinion. I think if the lugs overhang your wrist THE WATCH IS TOO BIG!

I mentioned this before but I honestly think that people will view this watch as a novelty, as if you were wearing giant joke sunglasses or something. It seems like somehting a prop comic would use in a bit or a clown would use to entertain 10 year olds at a backyard birthday party.

...this was actually designed and sold as a military pilot's watch - fitting over the jump suit. In that role i think it may make better sense (very legible) - but seems too big for me and I have 8" wrist....J.

...this was actually designed and sold as a military pilot's watch - fitting over the jump suit. In that role i think it may make better sense (very legible) - but seems too big for me and I have 8" wrist....J.

Aha! So the idea is to wear it over you sweater! :D

I realize that the original idea of this size is to wear over a flight suit, but how many of us are going to be wearing flight suits around?

You will look like a damn fool wearing it over your shirt or something. I think people would honestly (and for good reason) think that you had a mental problem, needed a GIANT easy to read watch and then got confused and put it OVER your clothing.

Some things are just not practical and this is one of them.

To *me*... that watch just looks silly (but then again, I thouyght the same about Panerai five years ago (look at me now lol))

It may look better to me on a bigger wrist, but I think the design is pretty bad overall... No offense intended

I am with you swdivad. I never got on with B&R. Given that they are made to have the characteristics of a pilot instrumental dial and should remain as such. It just looks ridiculous on the wrist. :) I'll run now b4 I get stoned by B&R fans. :)

Haters!!! I just picked mine up from the PO and wearing it proudly at this moment. My first reaction after putting it on was.. jeeeezz! The lugs are just inside the edge of my wrist so the fit is decent. The strap is pretty good quality but I'm wondering how it would look w/ a 24/24 Bob or pilot w/ double screw rivets. I'm pretty sure I saw these were supposed to have AR... mine missed that process it appears because I can see myself in the glass well enough to shave. :thumbdown: I have to say that I love it though.. not something I'd wear w/ a suit and tie but it's a great casual watch and unlike anything out there so A++ for being unique. It's not for everybody... those who lean towards the classic bourgeois rolex subs will hate this masterpiece. Good! Please do not buy one!! Only cool people need apply. B)

I'll say this for it, the "fake" looks a lot like the gen, from the front it seems like a nearly perfect copy. Of course you need to be an 800 pound gorilla to actually wear it but still....

TVT, you keep posting the same thing over and over again. Give it a rest.

This one isn't for everyone. Maybe that's why there's Vanilla and Chocolate.

......and some of the board members can't stand panerai's. So What!

Hi All

Really like this watch, just about OK

on my wrist

Regards

Richard

Richard: You have bigger wrists than me, obviously! It looks good. In fact, wouldn't you agree that pics don't do justice to this beautiful watch? I wore it to the office today-with a suit, tie and cuffs-and I was complimented more than once. The size does take some getting used to, but after wearing a Radiomir for months it's not that big of a leap for me. Notwithstanding the knee-jerk reaction of some, I think it's a very versatile watch. Unlike some of the reps I've purchased, I like it a lot! That's my two-cents, anyway.

/ /

/

Robert:

I am not trying to step on any toes, in fact I was posting a POSITIVE remark by saying how good this looked (when viewed from the front) and how it is a really good copy.

Not sure why that would be a problem but I admit, at this point I am pretty much Bell and Rossed out.

I certainly think it is GREAT that there are so many choices and I am happy that some members are finding this an interesting alternative for them.

TVT is just having some fun.. it makes the thread more interesting when people with strong opinions express them.. no right or wrong when it comes to taste. Beauty is in the eye of the blah blah blah and all that. Don't count this watch out JD.. I need to measure my wrist but I think it's pretty skinny and the clock looks fine although I have big hands to counter my pencil wrist. I'll take some pics tonight and share them with you so you can judge. I'm liking the 46 PVD Chrono too and the orange is interesting. How do you change the battery in the Quartz movement on this thing? Need to break open my piggy bank now.

You know, people are jokingly calling this a "clock" and so forth. The funny thing is that I believe the gen comes with a little metal base that allows you to literally use the piece as a desk clock. You can remove the straps, add the base and bingo, there you go.

So obviously the massive size is part of the appeal.