When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hep Me ! posting problem

panerai153

Not sure when this started happening, and not sure if I pushed the wrong button sometimes in the past, but I'm now having problems posting photos as well as quotes. Also copying text into my posts.

Here is what is happening, when the  BBcode mode is in what I would call HTML mode, where everything in the command bars is illustrated, like Bold, underline, image, etc. I cannot post a photo, cannot add a quote, or paste anything. If  I press the BBcode button and everything at the top blanks out,  I can post photos, quotes, and copy and paste from some other document or website. Also in the past I could select several photos at one time and add them to my post. Now I can only add one photo, and the nI have to go back browse to my photos ,select another one and add it to my post.

Anyone else have this problem? It's not huge, but it's irritating that things don't work as they should.

Panerai,
Try switching to Firefox for your browser if you aren't using it already, internet explorer is usually quite problematic even on the most basic of tasks. You can also try going to Ninite (http://ninite.com/), select all boxes in the Runtimes section, and run the file so that it updates all your java/shockwave/ect. For flash you'll have to do that through Adobe's site (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/). After that everything should be up to date and any problems you're having should be gone. If your computer is older (5+ years), that could also have something to do with it as I've noticed more problems with flash and the like in XP/Java than 7.

Give all that a shot and see what happens.

-Mike Jr

Ok brought in the kid, also request in to make sure our servers software up to date guys.

ME

My java and adobe flash are up to date. I've been having some problems with IE lately. my online banking wasn't working a few weeks back and it had something to do with an upgrade that caused problems in IE. I'll try another browser, it's just that IE is pretty convenient for me as  I use MS  Outlook for my email, and it's very convenient to use as well as store emails under various categories.

Not sure when this started happening, and not sure if I pushed the wrong button sometimes in the past, but I'm now having problems posting photos as well as quotes. Also copying text into my posts.

Here is what is happening, when the  BBcode mode is in what I would call HTML mode, where everything in the command bars is illustrated, like Bold, underline, image, etc. I cannot post a photo, cannot add a quote, or paste anything. If  I press the BBcode button and everything at the top blanks out,  I can post photos, quotes, and copy and paste from some other document or website. Also in the past I could select several photos at one time and add them to my post. Now I can only add one photo, and the nI have to go back browse to my photos ,select another one and add it to my post.

Anyone else have this problem? It's not huge, but it's irritating that things don't work as they should.

When the reply box is in WYSIWYG mode (HTML mode - all the buttons available), what happens when you go to "Attach Files" at the bottom and click "Choose Files"?

Does that let you select files, does it then upload them? And what happens then when you tell it to include them in the post?

That, and using "My Media", are the only ways of including images (that are uploaded to RWG server).

There is also the little button that looks like an image that lets you link to an image elsewhere using a URL.

(tries it...)

frag.jpg

Yep, that works OK.

Switching back to raw BBCode mode that link looks like (squarebracket)img=h t t p://www.ukrm.co.uk/frag.jpg(squarebracket)

If you are typing in the square brackets and img=http... etc, in WYSIWYG mode you can confuse the editor, you're asking it to work in "simple mode" and typing in raw BBcode, and it'll try and automagically parse the text you've typed in.

It does get it right in this case (just tried it) but not always.

When i use the WUSIWUG mode, I can download the photos, only one at a time but when I press "add photo" nothing happens. if i change the mode by pressing the BBcode button to the simplified mode,  ican load the photos into my post.

I just opened RWG up in Google Chrome, and it's working fine, just as it was in the past, can upload multiple photos, quotes appear at the top as supposed to and I can paste into my post OK. Obviously there is something going on with IE. Possibly I changed something in the Tools/ Advanced  in IE. Not sure what is happening, but whatever it is, it's novel to IE, no carryover to Google Chrome.

When i use the WUSIWUG mode, I can download the photos, only one at a time but when I press "add photo" nothing happens. if i change the mode by pressing the BBcode button to the simplified mode,  ican load the photos into my post.

I just opened RWG up in Google Chrome, and it's working fine, just as it was in the past, can upload multiple photos, quotes appear at the top as supposed to and I can paste into my post OK. Obviously there is something going on with IE. Possibly I changed something in the Tools/ Advanced  in IE. Not sure what is happening, but whatever it is, it's novel to IE, no carryover to Google Chrome.

Ah, so the problem is with IE.

What you can try is to reset the settings in IE.

Open IE, if you can't see the menu (has Files, Edit, View, Favourites, Tools and Help options) press the Alt button and they will appear.

Select "Tools".

Select "Internet Options" (right at the bottom).

Select the "Advanced" tab (right most tab).

At the bottom is a "Reset" button which opens a new dialog.

That dialog has an option that resets even more stuff, try it without checking that option first.

Press the "Reset" on this dialog.

It will reset all the items it said it was going to.

Once it's done that, click "Close". You will then need to restart your PC.

Try that and see if that cures the problem.

If not, try the same thing again but DO check the option that will reset the extra stuff and reset it (and restart Windows) again.

Fraggle

I did the reset just as you instructed, still the same. No problems at all with Google Chrome. Every time IE updates to a newer "improved" model, problems start to crop up. They are sort of like rep makers, solve one problem, create another!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear a reset didn't work.

There is also a feature called "compatibility" mode, which is supposed to force IE into working like the older versions did.

If you go back into the Tools menu, then click on "Compatibility View Settings" a new dialog will appear.

In this dialog box there is an option called "Display all websites in Compatibility View". Make sure that is ticked, click Close and restart iE and give it a go then.

If that still doesn't work, Microsoft have just broken IE that much it can't be made to work properly :(

An option is to upgrade the forum software, but I doubt admin will want to do that :(