When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what movement is this

rexplorer82

Where ever you are getting info I would go with what you were just told here period forget they, there are other Rep sites but we are the Tech site (movements etc) and there is no dispute on that. Now a few things, NO they are not rare they are made in China so they are like M&M's. Next some times you get a good one sometimes you get a bad one QC is crap in China. Yes wear all you want if it works well fine if not what good is the watch anyway right.

• Like 1

It is not an expensive movement to replace.

If it is properly serviced it is just as reliable as an ETA swiss movement, maybe a bit less accurate.

The problem is the cost of a decent service is more than the movement costs, so do you just go with it, wait for it to die and buy a new one, maybe do that a few times, or get this one serviced and then have a reliable movement for 4 or more years with nothing to worry about?

I prefer the latter, no worries about "will it die or not", no extra costs and hassle finding someone to put a new movement in.

Oh, when this other place mentions "they are getting hard to obtain", they are referring to new ETA movements. These asian clones are cheap and plentiful.

Need better photos for sure, but that rotor is clone, and has a sticker.

That sticker means nothing. If he pulls off that sticker and it has a legitimate Swiss brand name underneath, someone is going to have to eat humble pie. And the Incabloc and rotor bearings look awful similar to me. Just an older model Swiss.

Here's one from an rep of mine that had a Rolex sticker on it:

eta2824ar.jpg

Edited by kbh

Maybe he needs to pull the sticker off and see if there is another name engraved on the rotor. If it has  another watch brand name on the rotor, it probably is a Swiss ETA.

Another thing, when you go to any forum and ask questions about the authenticity of a watch, movement, bracelet, whatever, it's incumbent on you, the OP, to post good high quality photos. These are crappy out of focus photos with poor lighting. Take the watch outside in the sunlight and rest the camera on something if you don't have a tripod, then take some good photos and repost them. All this rhetoric is getting nowhere.

What movement symbol is that?

It's a rounded square, cut in half horizontally with a round dot in the middle.

I've seen it before but can't find it on Google, that just comes up with Swiss movement logos.

I deleted it because it didn't contribute anything to the discussion. It still looks like a from what I could see in the photos provided. I wasn't being negative, I just stated that it's pointless to ask for opinions and then argue with the opinions provided. I didn't like the tone of my post and didn't feel like editing so I simply removed it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk