When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Advice on claiming from post office for lost watch?

Big Dazza

Hey guys looking some advice. I received the wrong watch which was also DOA from a dealer before Christmas and sent it back to China for a refund. So far 2 months down the line it still hasnt showed up and is most likely lost in the post. The watch was worth about £140 and I can only claim a max of £50 but its better than nothing when they've lost my post.

Now in order to make a claim from Royal Mail in the UK I need to show what was in the package and the value of it. What do I do for this? Since the return name and address was not on any paypal payments I received or sent and I have no proof of value of the watch, not to mention I cant exactly send them photos of the broken rep to fulfill the checkbox of "Description of contents including photos etc"

Would it be possible to send them photos of another watch and show a highlighted payment from someone else to make the claim or would that backfire?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I learned this the hard way...when a package leaves your home country, you have little recourse. UPS and FedEx are better than using the home country's postal system but they are very expensive.

I lost two watch cases sent back to China a couple years ago by US Mail so from now on when I get something that is defective I eat it and move on. Besides...you never know if it was lost, stolen, or sent to a bogus address supplied by the dealer. My guess is many dealers do not give out valid addresses.

Some suspect China mail service throws a lot of the incoming mail away so they will not have to worry with it.

UPS and FedEx actually try to deliver the packages. That's why they charge so much.

My watch got stolen from usps

Last week

No complains and td sent me a replacement

They are getting clever

My box was packed and only the watch was missing !!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Dont claim anything

It ll be nothing other than trouble my 2 cnts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Sorry that this happened Daz. I'm leaning to what others have said, it's probably not worth the hassle, and then you are filing a fraudulent claim on top of that. It's a bunch of money that seems like it's been thrown to the wind, and it was, but I don't believe It's worth all the trouble. Even if you file a claim, they will take months to pay. and will look for every little loophole to crawl through to keep from paying.