When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello to Any of the Old Guys Still Around - who makes the best sub

TJGladeRaider

Man oh man, look at all the Alumni this topic brought out of the woodwork! All these gentlemen with over 8 years of time in the saddle. My hat's off to all of you!

That's sure a nice collection... there's God's Own COMEX in the bottom row, the DRSD to make a grown man cry, the MilSpec... all amazing pieces.

But be grateful you disappeared for awhile. Yes the MBWs were nice... but a nefarious (nee: ungodly expensive) presence has taken over RWG, it's the siren song of the Big Crown.

Many a brave soul here has fallen into the trap, and once-strong men have disappeared suddenly, only to reemerge, clawing themselves back to sanity from the yawning abyss, shredded and torn, clutching a finished Big Crown in their poxy grip.

It's a disease. Or a punishment. I don't know which. It's nefarious. It's ugly. It's intoxicating, and before you know it, a $1,000 "special quality" case seems utterly reasonable. Within 6 month's time you're $5,000 or $6,000 into your build, and hiding receipts from your dog, as he eyes each and every precious parcel that comes in the door.... gazing meaningfully at you with those accusing eyes, wondering if he's going to have kibble this night.

MBWs? Very nice.... but mere gateway drugs into the dark realm of the BC Customs.

Be afraid. Be verrrrrrrrry afraid. :ph34r:

Down to a "T" nanuq. I've got the BC disease, & I've got it BAD!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always great to see old members come back. I myself have stopped buying reps for some time. The question of who has the best sub almost made me spill my drink lol

Those were the days.......by the way, I ran into Jetmid the other day. I hope I still got the spelling of his name right. Cause he blessed me with his presence.

Also got to read the 16 pegs this morning of the modder MD saga. Very sad. Hope things turn for the better for those members.

Wooooooooooooooooooody!!  Welcome back amigo!!  :tu:

Never left, I just do not post as much. And haven't bought reps for some time. But this is home.  :clap2:

We'd really have a party if ubi shows up lol

Edited by woody

Man oh man, look at all the Alumni this topic brought out of the woodwork!  All these gentlemen with over 8 years of time in the saddle.  My hat's off to all of you! 

That's sure a nice collection... there's God's Own COMEX in the bottom row, the DRSD to make a grown man cry, the MilSpec... all amazing pieces.But be grateful you disappeared for awhile.  Yes the MBWs were nice... but a nefarious (nee: ungodly expensive) presence has taken over RWG, it's the siren song of the Big Crown. 

Many a brave soul here has fallen into the trap, and once-strong men have disappeared suddenly, only to reemerge, clawing themselves back to sanity from the yawning abyss, shredded and torn, clutching a finished Big Crown in their poxy grip.

It's a disease.  Or a punishment.  I don't know which.  It's nefarious.  It's ugly.  It's intoxicating, and before you know it, a $1,000 "special quality" case seems utterly reasonable.  Within 6 month's time you're $5,000 or $6,000 into your build, and hiding receipts from your dog, as he eyes each and every precious parcel that comes in the door.... gazing meaningfully at you with those accusing eyes, wondering if he's going to have kibble this night.MBWs?  Very nice.... but mere gateway drugs into the dark realm of the BC Customs.Be afraid.  Be verrrrrrrrry afraid.  :ph34r:

Well, that just about says it all.

Welcome back, Bill. I hope you can stay awhile.

MBWs?  Very nice.... but mere gateway drugs into the dark realm of the BC Customs.

Be afraid.  Be verrrrrrrrry afraid.  :ph34r:

Oh Dear God, are you telling me that there is actually something better out there in the vintage watch line?  I half expected to see something fabulous on Josh's site - he wanted to be the source for ultimate vintages at one time.

Please don't tell me that I'm about to replace my alcohol problem with a crack habit ... but if there is such a link, I have to go look!

And yes, as others have observed, there is an upside to divorce - the only critique and complaining I deal with these days is from my dog and he's pretty easy to placate!

Bill

• Like 1

Hi Bill nice to see you back, was that the Pam 89 you bought? I have been wearing one for 10 months non stop now and it has been around the world, it's great when I have to go through the declare line at customs to get a carnet stamped wearing a rep as good as this

Yup, I got the Pam 89 with the rubber strap from Josh.  I travel internationally so I do as I've always done - I take a pic of one of my kids holding whatever watches I am wearing/taking and keep it with my passport.

The 89 is crazy good ... I have a gen 88 with the croc strap and the 89 seems absolutely comparable side by side.

Bill

my first 'proper' rep, an MBW DRSD. Palpatine mods. Loved that watch :)

Yep, and it just changed hands again here about a month ago.  It gets prettier every time.  :tu:

Oh Dear God, are you telling me that there is actually something better out there in the vintage watch line?  I half expected to see something fabulous on Josh's site - he wanted to be the source for ultimate vintages at one time.

Please don't tell me that I'm about to replace my alcohol problem with a crack habit ... but if there is such a link, I have to go look!

Sorry Bill, here's your next crack habit.  You think a Superdome 39 is addicting?   Not even close.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry Bill, here's your next crack habit.  You think a Superdome 39 is addicting?   Not even close.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Fortunately, we know that's not yours ... no hammer dings, no soaking it in bleach, or lye, or battery acid ... none of your wonderful vintigizing that has led me to vomit uncontrollably!

Who's marketing these things these days?

Bill

• Like 1

There are Big Crown models available from Silix, and I took one as far as possible toward perfection.

Then, insanity set in.  :shutup2:

Now I've built the one in the photos, which seems perfectly fine, eh?

Oh, no ... of course not.  It's nowhere NEAR "fine".  Since those photos I've put another $500 into it, with another $1,000 waiting to be spent.

It's a sickness.  RUN ... while you can!

please_make_it_stop.jpg

There are Big Crown models available from Silix, and I took one as far as possible toward perfection.

Then, insanity set in.  :shutup2:

Now I've built the one in the photos, which seems perfectly fine, eh?

Oh, no ... of course not.  It's nowhere NEAR "fine".  Since those photos I've put another $500 into it, with another $1,000 waiting to be spent.

It's a sickness.  RUN ... while you can!

please_make_it_stop.jpg

I am doing so much better these days ... now that I understand I don't really have to do what the voices tell me to do.

B)

Bill

Welcome back from another oldtimer(ish)

So many changes ... I especially like the new feedback system.  

One other nice thing about being gone a while is looking thru the various offerings being made available ... remember when Super Lume was first available?  

I understand that there is a new Deep Sea coming and it looks like the latest Subs are better than the older ones - although I still like the vintage ones and the classic ones with lug holes and sapphire crystals.  Although some of our WIS were critical of them, and perhaps with good reason, I really liked those TW Best models.

Why do I feel like I should be saying, "I am Bill B and I sense a relapse of my addiction ...?"

;) 

Bill 

Well.......I guess I'll have to chime in too, I haven't been buying any reps lately, but I have been hanging around.....Mostly over on that other forum where you can use those 4 letter words, but I do check in here too, once in a while...Good to see a bunch of old hands are still out there...