When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

French custom

laurent965

Hello, after ordering more than 12 watches in  1 year from Andrew, my last package is in the hand of french custom. I ordered a Rolex Daytona Steve McQueen and Chanel J12 Swiss ETA for madame, but , after going through the customs at Roissys airport (EMS package), the package  left successfully the post office center to a another one in   Rungis to be ready for delivery , it   was then intercepted by  the Customs. ((On the web  site it is written package "delivery completed: customs" 
My question, what happens to you afterwards? to you get a  letter from the custom ? a Letter from an  attorney? do you go to court ? do you get a fine ? 
Of course my answer will be "I know nothing" and I will not answer any of the accusation even under torture ;)
Any experience from the french custom ? 

Have a good day 

Since I live in the USA, I'm not really clear about  the transship deal? What I gather is the watch Is shipped to a second party somewhere in the EU, and then forwarded on to the customer. So if the watch gets intercepted in the first leg of the journey, the customer is not involved so the watch is reshipped? If this is the case, how are they getting them through to the trans shipper? It would seem that there is as much risk getting it in to a EU country initially, no matter who it is shipped to. Or are their countries that have very lax customs and watches can be gotten through easily? just curious as to the process.

Most EU countries are hard to get something trough like Denmark They scan everything if its not from EU so the dealers send the watch to uk out to someone a agent They call it but Hey lets be fair its just a guy sitting at home and doing nothing haha he Then ships your watch from uk to a country in EU and EU countries dont check from EU to another EU They just do random searches

So EU country mail random searches everything Else asia Middle east even the us it gets scan everytime :)

Packages travelling within the 28 member states of the EU normally are fine to go. Those coming in from abroad are subject to detailed scrutiny and customs control (value/ legality). Tax is levied on contents plus shipping costs, about 30% if from China and up to 50% if from the U.S. (never understood why there is a difference), VAT alone accounts for some 17% to 25% plus handling charges and 3 to 8 weeks extra handling time. Shipping via UK is safe and accounts for some 50 -70 USD shipping cost depending on the TD. (just look at the cost if You buy 20 of them over time...) This is/should be reflected in m2m sales too if the rep is in EU.

Direct shipping is very risky, can´t figure how 12 made it through. Fr/Ger/It amongst some others are specially risky, not only because of loss or cost but legal issues.

Packages travelling within the 28 member states of the EU normally are fine to go. Those coming in from abroad are subject to detailed scrutiny and customs control (value/ legality). Tax is levied on contents plus shipping costs, about 30% if from China and up to 50% if from the U.S. (never understood why there is a difference), VAT alone accounts for some 17% to 25% plus handling charges and 3 to 8 weeks extra handling time. Shipping via UK is safe and accounts for some 50 -70 USD shipping cost depending on the TD. (just look at the cost if You buy 20 of them over time...) This is/should be reflected in m2m sales too if the rep is in EU.

Direct shipping is very risky, can´t figure how 12 made it through. Fr/Ger/It amongst some others are specially risky, not only because of loss or cost but legal issues.

What he Said :D

Just as a guy who ships to most of the, difficult, countries I think the point should be made that no Country is safe there are simply some countries eg USA, UK where the incidence of seizure is less.

That said your item can never be deemed seized (regardless of what the tracking says) until you receive a letter from customs stating so.

So many times I get customers contacting me with concerns about customs activity on the tracking only to receive their goods within the next few days.

Ken

Shipping via UK is safe and accounts for some 50 -70 USD shipping cost depending on the TD. This is/should be reflected in m2m sales too if the rep is in EU.

It should not be reflected in M2M sales prices.

IMO trying to claim back any "postage" costs should be included in the profiteering rules, it's just not on.

Ezio, how many watches can you pack into that F-16. Talk about express shipping!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haha alot my friend all the way up and down on both legs and two arms haha :D

It should not be reflected in M2M sales prices.

IMO trying to claim back any "postage" costs should be included in the profiteering rules, it's just not on.

Hi Fraggle, don´t understand what You mean - You don´t have this issue in the UK, don´t pay extra shipping cost so UK members should not reflect that in m2m sales, easy.

The other EU countries cannot order from direct shipping dealers to start with (Hont and others) and are not so well off having to pay the extra and with 24 days waiting time on top, last package was 5 weeks waiting. That You don´t have in m2m either. The op risked and was lucky but is now prob taking a hit of 400 to 600 usd (if it´s 2 watches) plus the trouble, end result is the same.

Th op has not updated on if the watch was delivered or not, so it is getting way ahead of yourself estimating the custom fees.

The other point is m2m is member to member and has nothing to do with the dealers.

Ken

I guess a little less looky looky from good old USA I have shipped Marti like 5 no problem, UK  no problem from their cousins across the pond,many many.............. shipped.

I would think China sends up red flags all over the customs boards in EU and UK for that matter.

• Like 1

Not really Mike.

People get stuck on the fact that goods from China is the problem but that is only the case if the customs actually read the sender address.

Most large hubs receive far too much in the way of packages and general mail for customs to hand check, usually everything will go through a scanner and as long as there is nothing obvious and drugs, animals and arms are at the top of their check lists then all you need to worry about is a small random visual check.

Ken

Was not estimating import cost, OP either gets his package or it is lost to customs because it´s not authorized goods.

to my little southern country every single little package - disregarding of content, is thoroughly checked on weight and scanned for content.

Small, underdeveloped countries always have the newest technique when modernizing... Nothing with a value over 40 usd goes through

without paying customs, official limit is 28.

And in some countries (not in the bigger ones) there is indeed that many staff.

EU had border frontiers and thorough controls between member states since AD 1143 (!) until not soooo long ago.

Where should all these tax-payer paid border officers be working now? Exactly - they check packages.

Nightwatch, I don't meant to be argumentative, just what I would do if I lived somewhere that had big problems getting non EU stuff in.

The way I see it unless I have something which is unique or rare or some other way highly desirable, if I advertised it for $50 more than someone else I would not expect it to sell. I made the decision to buy it, I accepted the fact that delivery would cost more because of where I live, so I would accept the loss of the extra postage from when I bought it when I sold the watch.

If a watch has had 10 owners, should the next buyer have to pay all of everyone's postage fees from new? That could add upto $400 plus the cost of the watch, it's just silly.

The problem is that the letter got signed.

The best course would have been to deny any knowledge of the watches, they were already seized so getting destroyed anyway.

There is no way for customs to prove you actually purchased those watches, they could have been delivered incorrectly or sent as a gift without your knowledge.

Ken