When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

where can i get a movement adapter for gen 5500 case?

kin tama

I used the #2 in my DateJust build, but that was a 16014 case not a 5500 (which is smaller, 36mm vs 34mm). The movement diameters would be the same, but I'm not sure of the interior case diameter.

Hopefully Whoopy will stop by and confirm, or the OP could PM him.

On the Sub side KBH, I suppose it would depend on the specific case. Have you tried TC's? Again, not sure of the interior dimensions but some people have posted using them on non TC cased builds.

Just did some digging, Have my Rolex case sets confused. There was an earlier post about a build using a 1601 case that used the raffles-time #1.

Whoopy built a pair of Explorers using the 5500 case. I think asking him to confirm what he used would be the ticket to the best answer. Here's the sales post:

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/168422-fs-twin-genstein-1016-vintage-rolex-explorers/

Unfortunately he didn't list the movement ring information.

Thank you for the replies....justin i have one of your tudor cases for my ranger build...the 5500 case is enroute from madrid so i cant check it...i was trying to order up what i needed for the 5500 explorer build and was hoping that someone who has built one would know exactly which movement ring i would need...kindest regards

Kin tama

The 1530/1520 movement is 28.5mm wide and fits in the 34mm case, as well as the other rolex cases that use those movements

The 2824-2 is 25.6mm.

the #2 ring has an ID of 26mm so it fits over the 2824-2 and an OD of 28.2mm so it will fit inside the 5500 case.

This ring will also work for other cases where the ID of the case is larger than 28.2mm.

I didn't see a #1 ring listed on rafflestime's site today, but I've seen them before.