When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So I bought s/n 0351 (Bronzo Mania)

Jkay

You're both wrong, Pete and I have a standing joke about my C&R purchases! He says I am the champ at it although I think MOAB gives me a fair run!

Here's a couple of shots of mine which is now en route.

Regards

AJ

AJ, I was trying to explain civic's post to Pete.

Your Bronzo looks very nice mate, looks like it has a more polished finishing vs the OP's, but the gen bronzos can look very different from piece to piece too.

Good catch, and my guess is that this won't be one of the C&Rs. :) 

On this strap which is an Orloff Rubberised Military leather and bronze buckle :)

AJ

Excellent choice!

Why do you need the bronze buckle though? Does the bronzo not come with a 26mm bronze buckle already? ;)

Can you point to any instance where the price of a replica decreased.

I haven't been around long enough neither keep an eye on TD prices to know for sure, but one would assume it from common sense?

If there is only one factory producing them there will be limited supply so they can ask inflated prices.

When other factories start making them, more supply, less rarity, hence lower prices?

It's the way it works in any other business.

Plus if it's only available from one TD they can add greater profit onto the factory price, when more than one TD they compete with each other and the result is lower prices.

If the TDs are all in cahoots with each other and price fix, and ditto the factories that is depressing news.

You're both wrong, Pete and I have a standing joke about my C&R purchases! He says I am the champ at it although I think MOAB gives me a fair run!

Here's a couple of shots of mine which is now en route.

Regards

AJ

Andy is that CG badly marked or is it in the process of being polished or something?

Looks as if it's been heat treated and is yet to be polished!

Andy is that CG badly marked or is it in the process of being polished or something?

Looks as if it's been heat treated and is yet to be polished!

It appears to have been touched by a person, and the patina process has begun. Note that some Bronzo QC photos include the permanent fingerprint of a factory worker or a dealer.

I've got a couple of bronze watches and know about patination of them, neither of mine have reacted that quickly (but they were from M2M so already started the process).

I've been polishing mine to get them back to clean state and after polishing they do not react anywhere near that quickly.

A NEW RECORD HAS BEEN ACHIEVED TODAY AND I USE CAPITALS TO CELEBRATE.

I ORDERED THE STUNNING PAM382 BRONZE FROM TORO ON SUNDAY EVENING, RECEIVED QC'S THE SAME DAY, RECEIVED SHIPPING DETAILS FROM TORO ON MONDAY MORNING VIA DHL AND BLOW ME DOWN, ITS ON MY WRIST IN THE UK TODAY SO JUST OVER 36 HRS, WHAT SERVICE IS THAT, ENJOYS THE SHOTS, ITS A BEAUTY FOR SURE.

AJ

PS these do not come with a bronze buckle!

Now fitted with my OEM JV strap, just need teh Bronze buckle to arrive.

post-48021-0-47366600-1396969888_thumb.j

post-48021-0-82620000-1396969906_thumb.j

post-48021-0-90263100-1396969921_thumb.j

post-48021-0-13569100-1396969937_thumb.j

post-48021-0-48603000-1396975042_thumb.j

post-48021-0-16551500-1396975058_thumb.j

• Like 1

A NEW RECORD HAS BEEN ACHIEVED TODAY AND I USE CAPITALS TO CELEBRATE.

Lovely .. I have been waiting 8 days, and have not received noticed of shipment from Toro. I understand that there was a Holiday in China, and am not concerned.

I've been polishing mine to get them back to clean state and after polishing they do not react anywhere near that quickly.

What are you polishing with, and does it leave a slight chemical protective film behind? Odds are, it does.

What are you polishing with

My t-shirt.

and does it leave a slight chemical protective film behind? Odds are, it does.

I very much doubt it :)

Every time I wear them, in the evening I take it off my wrist and just absent mindedly, gently polish it with whatever t-shirt I'm wearing.

Not hard, not thoroughly and it may take 6 months or so to get it shiney.

I love the un-tarnished look of bronze (and brass) and want to get back to that and maintain it that way.

I really do like these and will be keeping a close eye on the M2Ms, see if someone has bought one and unfortunately decided it's too big or too small for them, and so long as they're not taking the pee with the price, and in the UK or EU, I'll buy one. The untarnished the better :)

Wow - congrats on that and fastest shipping ever, takes 3-4 weeks to get here to the south.... Like that 382 but not the price-tag of the ZF. How´s the overall quality compared to.... if You could please comment more.