When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Urgent Connection Problem Help Request....

Richard Tracy

I need the help of some web-computer saavy people...

For the past week, I have been experiencing terrible connection problems to only rwg.cc.

No matter the browser,.. Netscape,..I.E... or even Mozilla...

Every other site I visit is fine... I am on Dsl...

When I try to connect, if I see below it reads... {connecting to rwg.cc}... I will never get in..

it will come back giving me the 'timed out' message,.. however if stop the browser

and try to reconnect,... I must keep trying until I see the '..{waiting for or transferring }...

to know that I will connect.

It take me 20 tries at least, then when I do connect,.. once on rwg.. I must do this again

with every page that I wish to view....or even to post...or send e-mail...

Any ideas ? Is this happening to anyone else ? I cleared my cache,.. to no avial...

also changed the theme back to the pre-holiday one.. and still.. soo slow to handle...

Help.. Please.. Someone... :black_eye:

I need the help of some web-computer saavy people...

For the past week, I have been experiencing terrible connection problems to only rwg.cc.

No matter the browser,.. Netscape,..I.E... or even Mozilla...

Every other site I visit is fine... I am on Dsl...

When I try to connect, if I see below it reads... {connecting to rwg.cc}... I will never get in..

it will come back giving me the 'timed out' message,.. however if stop the browser

and try to reconnect,... I must keep trying until I see the '..{waiting for or transferring }...

to know that I will connect.

It take me 20 tries at least, then when I do connect,.. once on rwg.. I must do this again

with every page that I wish to view....or even to post...or send e-mail...

Any ideas ? Is this happening to anyone else ? I cleared my cache,.. to no avial...

also changed the theme back to the pre-holiday one.. and still.. soo slow to handle...

Help.. Please.. Someone... :black_eye:

are you at home or at work? btw, considering all the great work you've done with coordiating the watch survey, you must have the patience of a saint. I would have destroyed my pc by now.

Hey.. thanks for the help...

I'm working from home today...

And yes,. it's been a nightmare...but I need to keep up .. too many are

voting against me.. which brings out the best in me...

I don't know how much help i can be.. i sometimes have the same problem at work... slowness going thru the firewall while the site goes thru a security scan. but at home? have you checked the borwser security settings?

btw, i have been meeting to tell you how appricated all the work you're doing really is. I understand your motivation, but I think it is way beyond the call..

I don't know how much help i can be.. i sometimes have the same problem at work... slowness going thru the firewall while the site goes thru a security scan. but at home? have you checked the borwser security settings?

btw, i have been meeting to tell you how appricated all the work you're doing really is. I understand your motivation, but I think it is way beyond the call..

I appreciate your input,... and it may prove too much for me... but at this point, I still

have hope,..

I just wish more people would see the potential in it, and be patient with the polls..

either that or submit some alternatives..

I was always taught never to complain unless I had a solution..

and I am open to any suggestion.. In no way am I ego tripping or playing this for any

benefit but for the board..

Anyway getting back to the issue at hand... curious, do you think that this off shore hosting

is giving my security settings more problems ? if so.. why just over the past week ?

What settings do you suggest ?

I appreciate your input,... and it may prove too much for me... but at this point, I still

have hope,..

I just wish more people would see the potential in it, and be patient with the polls..

and I am open to any suggestion.. In no way am I ego tripping or playing this for any

Anyway getting back to the issue at hand... curious, do you think that this off shore hosting

is giving my security settings more problems ? if so.. why just over the past week ?

over the last 2 weeks, i have had some real problems getting on - same issue as you, it hangs up. Very slow. Only happens every once and a while. It will be fine for a few days then aweful.

Hard to say what it is.

Ok I'm the last guy you come to for tech support but have you guy's tried clearing your cookies?

Ken

well i've tossed my cookies...

seriously yes i have, but i think my issue may be more directly related to a corporate firewall.

have hope,..

I agree..some of the member comments have been downright 'blunt' to be polite... the only thing I can think of is go to your security settings and set them to the lowest levels... go to tools, internet options.. and trusted sites.. and set that one low. otherwise, i am sorry but i am pretty useless.

If you have a different computer (your wife's perhaps?) try that.

Another thing that happens sometimes, particularly on corporate servers, is that something called the DNS tables get corrupted. These are essentially address books that link an http address to the numerical IP address.

To try and fix this, open a command prompt window and type:

ipconfig /flushdns

click Enter (that is, on the keyboard)

Then type:

ipconfig /renewdns

click Enter again.

See if that helps

Ok I'm the last guy you come to for tech support but have you guy's tried clearing your cookies?

Ken

Heey... I'm back Baby.... Thanks Ken.. your cookie suggestion did it !

You're a genius ! I think you have a second career option here... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Also a thanks to everyone that tried.... :D