When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just bought a Sub C over at the other RWG

docthor

I bought a 116610 from member 007 the other day and didn't ask to much since his description seemed to be alright and it had just been back from a well known modder.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=75703&st=0&p=1244589&

But the day the watch arrived the date changed at 2155h and the DW alignment was pretty crappy.

I asked the guy what to do now and didn't think about that he tried to fool somebody in first hand...seemed just like one of the "usual problems" one has in this hobby.

Well...it turned out bad cause the modder invited me to their PM conversation they had about the watch before 007 decided to sell it...

The inital problem on the watch was that the makers had fallen off of the dial...KeNnY managed to glue them back in place and relumed them. So far so good...they're back in place...

But...the crappy DW alignment comes from the dial he said...the dial (new watch!!!) has no feet and was "glued" to the movment via sticky tape!

And...I knew from the sales thread that the watch has a problem with waterproofing. 007 wrote that KeNnY had problems to get it waterproof because there was a problem with the gaskets...that's simply not true.

KeNnY wrote that the watch couldn't get waterproof because of a bad build tolerance of the watch and that the crystal pops out just like nothing :(.

None of these issues were mentioned by 007...not in his sales thread nor via PM and I asked about the waterproof problem...

I asked him to take the watch back cause with knowing about these issues before I never would have taken it but he refused to do it because he wrote in the sales thread he won't take it back.

What bothers me most is that he denies to take any responsibility...he is refering to his pics and that he didn't force me to buy the watch...c'mon... :fool:

None of these issues (dial with no feet and bad build tolerance) are visible at pics...I know this and he does too!

Meanwhile KeNnY offered a free repair of the date change at 2155h but even he mentioned that these things should have been said before selling the watch...it was okay for 007 (he said) so why not giving the probably new owner the chance to decide himself if it is okay for him too or not...well...the answer is obvious...

And we're not talking about a young gun with no money in his pockets in the need of every penny...that guy turned 50 a few days ago and got a gen 116610 from his wife as present!!

All he offered after some discussion is a refund of 50€...but that's not what I wanted...I wanted him to take his full responsibility, take back the watch, let it be repaired and sell it in full honesty to someone else, but he denied :(

Had been at Domis today and he checked the watch. First impression...well...it's not as good as 007 and KeNnY want me/us/allothers to believe.

He was pretty pissed about the bad work KeNnY did to that watch (the way the dial was glued to the movement, the hour hand was way to low on the cp so it was bent to not touch the indices, the hands weren't set properly, the movement was pretty loose in the case) and...the DWO is printed very bad :(

Not only that the numbers "float" around but the print is far away from being good...see yourself

mobile.20917q6w.jpg

mobile.208snovr.jpg

mobile.207x4qp1.jpg

mobile.206qyoql.jpg

mobile.205qbp1n.jpg

mobile.204p9pfd.jpg

I know...pictures are bad but it's visible that this DWO is far from being "a good one". My guess always was that BK DWOs are one of the best :g:

I don't think I'm a nitpicker, am I?

Ja...asked one for help and he, sort of, did...he told me to take the 50€ because they're a fair compensation.
Seems to me that he didn't get my point...I never asked for a compensation...I wanted 007 to take his responsibility!

Gesendet von meinem SM-T315 mit Tapatalk

Like I said already Doc this seller should be ashamed mate, obviously doesn't appreciate the shit storm thats about to hit him, go for it Mike ;)

+ 1 here also! It's shocking that you've been treated in this manner, I really hope Moab and the mods at the other RWG can sort this for you! As Moab says, they're pretty strict over there, so I'm surprised that it's gotten this far! Always had an affinity with they guys there, but this is very strange for that forum!

Hope it gets sorted Doc, you don't deserve to be treated in this manner!!

Thorsten,

This is not a "kinda got screwed".. this is a blatant case of being fucked.

I would say that its a case of the seller knowingly and deliberately scamming you. 

50Euros is pittance and it allows the seller a convenient way of wiggling out of this. 

I would pursue it all the way if I were you. 

And yes I would support you on this, just let me know what help you need my friend. 

Many thanks for you support with this :)

I kinda feel bad for taking this route now but it seems there isn't any other way since 007 refuses to take his full responsibility :(

Sent from my wooden drums with tupperware

Jesus, $50 for that lot is just an insult.

It's simply "not as described" and 007 should take it back without arguing, and the mods there should slap him with a temporary trading ban for selling this in this manner.

Do you have a link to the sales post?

Has it been mentioned in any other post that you know of over there?

Wow, this sucks. Really sorry to read this. I truly hope MOAB can help you resolve this.

On a side note, I'm unable to see the M2M section at the other RWG... Does it require VIP or a certain post count?

Here's the sales thread

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=75703

To be honest I woud not have touched the seller or the watch with a bargepole, the seller is pretending to be completely clueless to avoid explaining the problems and from the photos the rotor screw has marks on it from multiple removal and refitting, what look like scratches on the shock mount and it doesn't look brilliantly clean to me either.

Lets hope MoaB can persuade the mods there to see sense and act fairly over this sale.

Very surprised how a so praised by other member comments and well-pictured Sub can turn out to be such a crap. And this was something like $520 2nd hand - that´s TC territory. Really bad luck Docthor, wish You get Your money back as imho this should have been sold for $320 or less, describing the faults anyway.

"Very surprised how a so praised by other member comments and well-pictured Sub can turn out to be such a crap." buy the seller not his photo skills or absence of. :pimp: Herd mentality, looked good everybody sh*ts and giggles over it but underneath rotten to the core.

Just got feedback from KeNnY to this thread...he said he isn't happy that 007 didn't tell me about the dial having no feet or that he told him that this sub is bad from stock.

The hour pinion was wrong, the watch was missing movement claps from stock, the watch had wrong open six and nine datewheel from stock, the original hour hand was scratched

Since 007 paid (as he said) way too much for this watch he didn't want to invest more money into it so KeNnY has been very limited in his possibilities to solve the problems of this watch. He even gave him the hour hand for free! So it's not that the hour hand had been changed to make its look more gen like (like he's telling in his sales thread!)...it has been changed because it was scratched and 007 didn't even had to pay for it...very bad move!!

So since KeNnY was very limited in what he could do I'd say he did as best as he could. He too was very open to me and as already said it was him who invited me to the inital PM conversation. Without that I never would have known that 007 hasn't told the truth about the watch so I have to say thank you very much KeNnY for being so fair :)

poor docthor, feel sorry for you, I hope it wasn't  expensive, by the way, I have a very good BP 116610 LN, with TC v2 DWO, water proof, ETA 2824-2 overhauled, perfect running, new ceramic bezel ( what rolexman sold me was a f***** s***** ) , pearl issue fixed, as well the bracelet,  now to the wm to mod it a bit, gen crystal, crown and tube,  if you are interested I will give you fairy price  according to the market…...mein freund

I hope you can solve your problem.

Auf viedersen

Thanks Mike, but, what I made wrong now?

I just told Docthor that feel sorry for what happened, it 's not good situation, I just tried to be kind with him, he is a good guy!

Then offered a product, don't you know I am winery export manager, so, it's a sort of professional bias