When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Belated Bday to me - help choose pls!

ghost

I've been mulling over these. I've been given approx 1600usd to squander. It has to be squandered, not saved up for a rainy day.

So the illustrious few i've narrowed down to are:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151288755816?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

the poor man's poor man paul newman? But slightly over the budget

http://www.jomashop.com/oris-watch-743-7673-4157mb.html

a derivative of 16610LV? It's big but really solid. I've another oris, they're bulletproof

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171300337929?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

another derivative of the 6263. Priced quite attractively

What say u guys?

Well for my input, I have had the FC Peking to Paris and the Oris Diver and here's my views.

The FC is a truly beautiful watch, quite rare and feels great, a tad small for me personally but i have 8 inch plus wrists.

The Oris diver is indeed a great watch also and more correct size wise for me, I had it on rubber however it never really felt special, not as special as the FC.

Don't know about the other one.

AJ

PS Happy belated birthday

First the FC saw that one had in my hand, sgtguk has one very nice!

Next Oris was just looking at that other day like also.

Rado high polish case scratch magnet, like the look but would not buy.

Ah Sinn you know I like those, best bang for the buck the Oris but you are going 2/3 different style two divers, one chrono sport ,one dressy. Samething happens to me when I start looking as you saw in my thread on same similar subject.

Out of the ones you posted, I'd personally opt for the Rado. It's a classy watch, but can be worn with suit or jeans. Like MOAB said, it's got a sensitive case so you're best to be careful.

I have a RW Nabucco GMT that I am looking to sell.  It is in used condition and will be priced accordingly (well within your budget with $$ left over for a second watch if you want), if interested let me know and I will point you to the sales link...

post-37023-0-78118000-1398967357_thumb.j

Hi, You´re lucky but I find it a difficult budget. Too much to just squander and get a new watch that is just "a bit" better than the sub 1.000 ones and not enough to aim for something else. Probably I would try to look into little used or unworn ones with box and papers on the 2nd hand market or just get me 2 completely different Steinharts.

Well thanks ghost was looking at ML's caught a deal on this16699_pt6227-ss001-13e_ULP-183495%20%281I could not pass up, on the way! :bangin: :bangin: :bangin:

16699_pt6227-ss001-13e_ULP-183495%20%281

16699_pt6227-ss001-13e_ULP-183495%20%281

Specs:

Brand Maurice Lacroix Style PT6227-SS001-13E Gender  Men Dial Color Primary  Silver-tone Clasp Type  Buckle deployment clasp Band Color  Black Band Type  Strap Band Material  Genuine Alligator Luminous  Hands Dial Markers  Indices Case Shape  Rectangle Case Finish  Polished Case Color  Silver-Tone Case Material  Stainless Steel Case Back Material  Sapphire Case Back Type  Exhibition screw-down Crown Type  Push/pull Crown Accent  Logo Crystal Type  Sapphire Hand Color(s)  Silver-tone and luminous hour and minute. Silver-tone second. Movement Origin Country  Switzerland Water Resistance  50M Band Length (in.)  10 Band Width Between Lugs (mm.)  22 Band Width (mm.)  18 Weight (g.)  91 Movement  Automatic Case Width (mm.)  33 Case Height (mm.)  51 Case Thickness (mm.)  12 Calendar  Day and Date

Strap size in bold MOAB ready!

Jpz thanks for the offer. I like the chrono versions of the nabucco and C1. Matter of fact, i have both of the super reps and would convert them into gen if they weren't so expensive, ML i favour the new pontos diver. But again, it's just out of the budget

It's true. It's an annoying range/ but anything more than that, i'd end up with another rolex

Mike, you could do your own watch shopping channel!

And I'm not talking about how many you buy or own, but you manage to find so many really nice watches that I've never seen before.

I vota that Mike does a "Moab Watch Selection of the Week!" post, with the top 5 watches you've found that week, it'd certainly be interesting reading for me!

• Like 1

A lot of nice ones guys.  I have Hamilton icoop good watches , like that one will check it out. :bangin: :bangin: :bangin:

fraggle I spend my time in the evening surfing the net looking at watches once I find one I like I get model number Google and look everywhere at reviews ,price etc . In most cases I find another similiar watch I like better as was the case with the one above, just love watches........... :partytime:

• Like 1

I vota that Mike does a "Moab Watch Selection of the Week!" post, with the top 5 watches you've found that week, it'd certainly be interesting reading for me!

I will definitely follow that topic!