When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question about Rolex 703 crown

Ticktick

^ True. I think it has to do with the orientation of the threads on both the crown and the tube and how they align, as well as how much compression there is on the o-rings.  Over time the o-rings will compress and you'll get slightly more rotation on that last turn, which could help line it up a bit or push it farther out of alignment if it used to be aligned.  So even if it is aligned now it may not be a few years from now as those o-rings wear.

MD2020 lined mine up perfectly when he installed my gen crown on my PT 1680.  I had no effing clue how he did it and he told me at the time it was just a little bonus he liked to do.  It makes me wonder if he even did anything at all and if it wasn't just luck of the draw with the threads lining up like that.  Or maybe he did something with the tube to unscrew it or screw it in tighter.  I'll never know.  It screws in like butter, though, so that's good.