When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Blancpain Fifty Fathoms

swdivad

With the release of this watch, albeit limited, I would've thunk there would be at least one review...

Is there no excitement or love for this exciting release? Or are my expectations too early?

• Like 1

Not sure how many are out there, I know there was a big buzz about it when it was announced, but when folks found out it was around 800 USD, I believe the interest level went down considerably.

I really like the watch, in fact I posted a year or so back that I wished they would rep the "regular" model, as all that were out was the various Chrono versions. Unfortunately, I pretty much lost interest at the 800 USD price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure how many are out there, I know there was a big buzz about it when it was announced, but when folks found out it was around 800 USD, I believe the interest level went down considerably.

I really like the watch, in fact I posted a year or so back that I wished they would rep the "regular" model, as all that were out was the various Chrono versions. Unfortunately, I pretty much lost interest at the 800 USD price.

Understood it would be shunned at $800... but it was released for just under $500

I'll take one for the team!... just a couple more weeks :-D

Understood it would be shunned at $800... but it was released for just under $500

I'll take one for the team!... just a couple more weeks :-D

AH!! Now that's news to me. I haven't been keeping up with it's progress, obviously.

Yes he did, and his very few first ones were gone in a flash... Waiting for the second run now, but I'm surprised I haven't seen any reviews yet

Sent from my HTC Desire 600 dual sim using Tapatalk

There are some absolutely amazing pictures in Toros section from member diseno: http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/167877-blancpain-fifty-fathoms-noob-factory-prototype/page-2 it´s just beautiful and quality seems very good. It´s stunning, contagious, wonderful:) 

Priced at $465 + shipping just over the limit I set myself. Very tempted but that still means a 1.000 for 2 reps instead of $900 for 3. Have put all my "needs" on hold for reflection. KW is releasing his new bronzo version at the same price and it looks gooood too. And the Tudor Blackbay blue V2 version should be arriving end of the month already. Plus I don´t have a Radiomir yet and been tempted by the black seal also.

Ready for this?

Can I get it in Quartz so then I could afford it?

Ah hahahahahhahaha, no...really.

So, so little money. Gonna have to start [censored]'n myself out.

(Censored!? What!? Ok...then "selling myself on the corner", there.)

Edited by xpletiv

Well an RWG review would be nice. Hopefully someone here will post a thread :)

I've been on the fence with this watch. I've always thought I'd be a proud owner, but like previously mentioned, the price point is extraordinary. And it appears that the general pricing trend is going north for all reps. I'd have less of a problem with this if the movements in the watches were improved (new from factory sealed, lubricated, serviced / not replica movements).

Edited by eunomians

^very good point^

I love the mech. aspect of watches, but for some models like this(non chrono) why is it not common to use quartz?

Some will still buy it only in mech. form, but they might , also, increase sales just because of being cheaper in price w/quartz.

O, well, I'll just dream then.

^very good point^

I love the mech. aspect of watches, but for some models like this(non chrono) why is it not common to use quartz?

Some will still buy it only in mech. form, but they might , also, increase sales just because of being cheaper in price w/quartz.

O, well, I'll just dream then.

Thailand has all rep in quartz version......you could try there!

Sure. I would also like it to resemble the one I want, too. :p Make a Rep with quality materials and stick a quartz in it shouldn't be that difficult depending on model.

I've noticed that Kuvarsit has some Reps in quartz that I have not seen on other sites, so there must exist more makes, but they are just not offered.

And I would much rather see an actual photo on a site than ask a TD if they can get something without actually seeing it. Or use up the TDs time wanting to see the quality just to reject one after the other and tick off the TD.

Maybe I should check PriceAngels, or is that site still disorganized and avoided as a scam?

• 2 months later...

Looks good to me. Someone got a double stamped "STEEL" on the underside of the lug, but yours looks just fine.

"Such a lovely place.... This could be Heaven or this could be Hell. We are all just prisoners here, of our own device. Relax, we are programmed to receive. You can check-out any time you like. But you can never leave!" - "Hotel California" - Eagles :D