When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Costly mistake

Mark Whinn

Mark sorry to hear and this is not meant solely for you, We always tell guys "never send back to China" and you will read: " just got this in running fine gonna send it out for a service" yup that is what should be done. New watch get a service OC there is a joke, your dealer really has no control on the build of the movement. Now 300GPBs is a nice chunk of change and I know you would expect a little more QC but it ain't happening. I get into debates all the time coming down on the side of low to mid range gens rather than paying 450 to 600 USDs for a lottery (will I get a good one!). I buy off our M2M sales board for higher end watch/s as your fellow members already got them sorted. Not to say never bought from dealer/s just keep that to reasonable price point so I do get mine in a bunch and a service is wise right away.

PS do not give up a month ain't bad could turn up in two.

Mark sorry to hear and this is not meant solely for you, We always tell guys "never send back to China" and you will read: " just got this in running fine gonna send it out for a service" yup that is what should be done. New watch get a service OC there is a joke, your dealer really has no control on the build of the movement. Now 300GPBs is a nice chunk of change and I know you would expect a little more QC but it ain't happening. I get into debates all the time coming down on the side of low to mid range gens rather than paying 450 to 600 USDs for a lottery (will I get a good one!). I buy off our M2M sales board for higher end watch/s as your fellow members already got them sorted. Not to say never bought from dealer/s just keep that to reasonable price point so I do get mine in a bunch and a service is wise right away.

PS do not give up a month ain't bad could turn up in two.

I never give any thought to the risks of watch not turning up . After all , I received it in the first place . From receiving it , the watch in question (Tag heuer Carrera RS2) never ran for more than an hour whilst wearing it (Asia 7750) . Had Joshua turned around,and said it's a lottery on weather it'll get here or not,I wouldn't have sent it .

My fingers have been crossed for long enough now,it's time to live and let learn . Won't buy another.

I have had to send two back to Josh over the last couple of years.  Both arrived as they should but did take some time.  You do have to chase Josh to confirm he has received it.

For me everything worked - just slowly, So don't give up hope.

I would mentally "put this to one side" myself for now.

Try and buy a good rep from the M2M sales, one that has been serviced. You know all the problems have been sorted then and it'll last you for years. But of course I recommend only buying from long time members who are quite active in the forum and have good feedback, you know you will not be getting ripped off then.

A great and very helpful guy is MoaB (Mike On A Bike), if you see something you fancy and aren't sure about the seller, PM Mike and ask him if the seller is OK to buy from or not.

Don't worry, after a few months you will begin to learn all this stuff, who the regulars are, which are the good reps and good dealers, the risks and just how long the timescales can be, and before long you'll be giving out advice to other new members :)

i sent my 318 back to josh after it took about 8-9 weeks before it was back and communication hasn't always been his strongest point when dealing with repairs 

Once it came back it still had issues i actually think he just put it back together and sent it back to me which i could have did myself  she got a full service once back and and now runs perfect.

Lesson i learned in reps fast is a $300 dollar rep will actually cost you a min of $500 after you get it serviced and upgrade the strap. 

just hang in there 

M2m for me every time. Some true gents on this forum ( you know who you are!) I even stick to uk sellers as I know when one of their pieces comes up it will be a cracker, I'd rather wait on these guys to sell than deal with china again.

Ps. Stay away from sixx! He gets very confused. You buy a watch, he sends all sorts of other goodies. straps, buckles, sweeties and more!!! The poor man is clearly vulnerable and I simply would not want to see him taken advantage of. ;-) if you fellas can just give him some space and avoid his sales threads I will make sure he's looked after.

• Like 3

Well , that's a month today , since sending my watch back to Joshua at Perfect clones . I reckon I've lost my £300 rep , with no comeback .

Bad experience with reps , never again !!

Actually a month is common. I have had mine took 2 months with another dealer. So don't worry mate. Just reach out to Josh and ask for an update. They are good with that. Check if he has received it yet. I hope you used registered mail. If they can't deliver they will return it to you. 

I would have included a more detailed description of the fault , and added a note to it , with my full address etc , had I not known it wasn't going straight to Josh . As I thought he was expecting it , I only included my email address , but have constantly emailed PClones for updates , and same answer always . 'Hi noted sir , not yet in'

That's all I get .

I think for gen should be ¨never again¨ if for rep ¨never again¨ than this is not your place to hang out.

First you have to make sure you shipped it airmail with tracking number and one month is within a normal waiting time. Contact Josh to ask if he received it or not. 

• Like 1

Like the guys have said try not to worry too much mate (easier said than done I know)  ;)  the last time I sent one back it took a good while to get where it needed to be, once it was though it was sorted out very quickly  :)  Patience in this hobby of ours is key........... 

A little inside information about sending reps back to Josh. He was my dealer of choice for about my first 15 watches. I've sent 4 or 5 back early in my rep career. A lot of this is speculation but I'm pretty sure it's mostly correct.

When you send them back they aren't going to Joshua, they are going to some other mysterious place that takes care of his repairs. Joshua is from Singapore and his wife is Chinese. The wife's relatives work for Joshua and I get the feeling that it's one of his relative that takes care of returns. So first, Joshua has no idea when it gets there. All he can do is e-mail his contact and wait for a response. He may be in Singapore at the time you are contacting him. If he doesn't know anything I believe he just automatically says it hasn't arrived. I had one watch that it turned out his partner had it for weeks while Joshua was telling me it hadn't arrived.

Also, my average wait time was well over 2 months with the last one at around 7 months. On that particular Chopard "Happy Diamonds", he said the original maker had returned to Taiwan and he had to sent the watch on to Taiwan for the repair and wait for it to get fixed. But, in the end I did get them all back and all in good working condition. I had totally written that one off and was surprised when it showed up in my mail.