When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iyho, What's The Most Perfect Replica Available Today.

crystalcranium

Seasons Greetings To Everyone.

As you probably already know, I've posted a couple of polls for your favouraite rep of the year and the rep you think is the most accurate out of the box in 2006.

I've asked the Moderators to close / lock the topic on 1st January so there's still a few days left to post your support for the ones you think deserve your vote.

The 'Favourite' poll is here -

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=17501

And the 'Most Accurate Out Of The Box' poll is here -

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=17575

All The Very Best Of Health & Happiness For You & Your Families

themuck

N.B.

Well over 4300+ views of 125 posts by around 50 members - nice one crystalcranium

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ldewarren
Yes, thats true. There is an iteresting price issue when the gen just costs about five times the replica.. But still you get the "same" watch, even with the same ETA-Movement for 1/5 th of the price. I have checked out the nice TAGHeuer Indy 500 replica ( Quartz). The rep costs 105 dollars, and the genuine runs for about 400-500 USD on eBay!

I belive that TAG Heuer has an excellent reputation among most non-WIS people, (mostly due to heavy marketing)... That is why there are replicas of this "cheap" brand. Oris, Sinn and Fortis are in the same price range, but are more obscure brands.

By the way, SBOB; It is available in blue also, at least Ruby says so in her advert at RWI:

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9894

100% agree with you, I've always considered Tag heuer as very common watches, with common mvts, and a common design, but Tag heuer belong to LVMH, the biggest luxury group in the world, they can afford a very agressive marketing policy with Brad Pitt & Umma Turmann as Ambassadors of the brand.

But I do like the actual neo-classic design of the Carrera chrino series.

today: Hublot Big Bang SS - no matter what you say the Omegas and TAGs available don't come even close in terms of accuracy out of the box

You're kidding, right?

The BB is good, but it's not a 1:1 copy. Without even looking at the rotor on the back you can tell it's a rep, apparently. I'm no expert, but copying a $500 watch has to be a lot easier to do than copying a $8000 watch.

You're kidding, right?

The BB is good, but it's not a 1:1 copy. Without even looking at the rotor on the back you can tell it's a rep, apparently. I'm no expert, but copying a $500 watch has to be a lot easier to do than copying a $8000 watch.

I am not kidding - take the Omega SMP Chrono for example; cheap screw bracelet, bezel pearl, dial ridges and color, HE Valve, etc - you tell me what's wrong on the HBB besides the movement??

I am not kidding - take the Omega SMP Chrono for example; cheap screw bracelet, bezel pearl, dial ridges and color, HE Valve, etc - you tell me what's wrong on the HBB besides the movement??

No, take the Link Chrono. It's closer to gen.

It's discussed in this thread by people who own one and have compared. It's good, but it's not perfect.

No, take the Link Chrono. It's closer to gen.

It's discussed in this thread by people who own one and have compared. It's good, but it's not perfect.

nobody on that thread owns a gen and the statements made about the engraving on the back are confirmed to be wrong, so other than the movement there are no visible flaws - this is why I said that the HBB is the most accurate out of the box. The comments made about quality issues are common with all reps and not unique to the HBB.

There will be no such thing than a perfect rep - as much as we all want it to be B)

Peace :victory:

Apart from the datewheel everyone mentioned?

Have you had a chance to compare the real one to the rep in person? I can tell you that the difference is so insignificant that if you put them both side by side you wouldn't know the difference - Finepics also compared the rep with a gen at an AD and his words were that they were flabbergasted about the accuracy of the rep.

As I mentioned before I would take the HBB into an AD anyday, but wouldn't do that with any of the other replicas I own.

I do want to comment on the finish of the HBB again: best I have ever seen in any rep

One other thing: Is the date wheel of the TAG and Omega 100% spot on?

It's a Tag. Anyone one of us could go out and buy "Tiger's watch" at our local five and dime. No big feat making a Tag rep. I could do it myself by spending $1500 on the gen and then bringing the watch to a machine shop.

The IWC Ingenieur is a more substantial rep that is every bit as good, datefont aside. Mine has pretty good AR too!

The IWC Ingenieur is a more substantial rep that is every bit as good, datefont aside. Mine has pretty good AR too!

How come yours has AR ?? Where did you buy it ? Or did you put the AR yourself ?

The HHB is not perfect, of course not. BUT disregarding the movement I also think it is one of the very best reps out there.

Additionally, we have to consider that the HBB is not an easily replicated piece. Look at the sub dial hands, the minute markers and their structure.

And the case construction itself is 1:1 and its not an easy one (just compare it to PO or Ingy, which are simply made of one chunk of steel). Count the individual parts on the HBB that had to be repped before assembled. Count the different materials (including the ceramic bezel once it is out).

When the time comes that we convince makers to do one of the HBB limited editions that have a closed caseback, i will walk into the next AD, bust that damn thing on the table and let the clerk work for me...trying on all watches they have in the shop while slurping my customer-cappuccino:D

The problem with the HBB being declared best rep is the same as every "Best song of the last 20 years" listing. You'll always have one or two flavour-of-the-week artists in the list that won't be there if you repeat the question next year.

The Big Bang is du jour and as such will always feature highly in current lists of best this and best that, but once it starts to become another rep, it'll fade to the same level as the Honpo 187 everyone raved about that didn't even make this list.

The problem with the HBB being declared best rep is the same as every "Best song of the last 20 years" listing. You'll always have one or two flavour-of-the-week artists in the list that won't be there if you repeat the question next year.

The Big Bang is du jour and as such will always feature highly in current lists of best this and best that, but once it starts to become another rep, it'll fade to the same level as the Honpo 187 everyone raved about that didn't even make this list.

Pug is correct. When I proposed this discussion thread, the original question was which replica available today was the most accurate in a side by side comparison with the genuine, not which is your favorite, or the most modifiable, or the best value, or the latest to come out that's very close....etc..but the best copy of a genuine on a point by point comparison.

Dispite lots of enthusiasm and excitement about the latest "hors de jour" I agree with the general consensus that the best of the PO replicas, the Tag Heuer Link Chrono and the IWC's proposed come as close to the real deal as any reps out there. Lots of suggestions in this thread have come out of an emotional place as opposed to an objective point by point evaluation of the state of the rep art as it exists today.

Lots of suggestions in this thread have come out of an emotional place as opposed to an objective point by point evaluation of the state of the rep art as it exists today.

I reckon anything less than a few months old should be ignored as we've just simply not found the faults yet. :D