When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iyho, What's The Most Perfect Replica Available Today.

crystalcranium

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never seen one in person, but I have to presume the date font is off on the 050 as well as the date magnifier strength. And I do think the 12 and 6 numerals on the dial are fatter than on the gen dial.

Nice try, Brian, but the 050's date font and mag are actually the best of all PAMs, undistinguishible from the gen.

And about the fat 12 and 6 numerals you can judge by yourself: the first three pics below are of reps, the 4th is of a gen.

166063-11010.jpg166063-11011.jpg

166063-11012.jpg166063-11013.jpg

If you still are undecided about the date, please consider that the date in the gen pic above has probably been retouched, as numbers alignment is not consistent with the off-axis view and the date window is completely undetectable:

166063-11014.jpg

...and we all are already aware that the Officine heavily retouch their pics... :D

I believe the TAG Link Chrono is one of the most accurate, more so than the Inge. The IWC GST is always believed to be highly accurate, but it really needs a dial swap to take it that few millimetres closer.

Perhaps so on the TAG Link Chrono. I can agree there. Off topic a bit now: doesn't it have the seconds at 6 issue? So while it might be good looking, it probably won't be around to enjoy for long. ;)

As far as the IWC GST goes, those misaligned day and date wheels are a dead giveaway IMO. The gen dial does look nice, but I'm drawn to those windows every time I see that rep. Big flaw.

Nice try, Brian, but the 050's date font and mag are actually the best of all PAMs, undistinguishible from the gen.

Wow, you're right! I am impressed.

The numerals are definitely on the fat side as seen in your pics. The 6 numeral is particularly noticeable. But most PAM reps have that issue. I think the 196 is one of the few that doesn't. Oh, and I'll add that razor blade they're trying to pass off as a crown to the list of PAM 050 issues. :)

Perhaps so on the TAG Link Chrono. I can agree there. But doesn't it have the seconds at 6 issue? So while it might be good looking, it probably won't be around to enjoy for long. ;)

No, it's a seconds at 9 unmodified 7750 copy.

As far as the IWC GST goes, those misaligned day and date wheels are a dead giveaway IMO. The gen dial does look nice, but I'm drawn to those windows every time I see that rep. Big flaw.

Only on Tuesday. :Jumpy:

Seriously, the day wheel is only off a couple of days a week.

The numerals are definitely on the fat side as seen in your pics. The 6 numeral is particularly noticeable. But most PAM reps have that issue. I think the 196 is one of the few that doesn't.

Uhm... ok, I can agree the 6 is one or two microns too fat. I'll seal my mouth and disappear in the darkness right after this post.

Oh, and I'll add that razor blade they're trying to pass off as a crown to the list of PAM 050 issues. :)

...that is simply consistent with the gen, sort of a blade too (see pic #4)...

Sorry I know I've been away a while but I really can't believe it took till post #42 for someone to mention the Conq.

Conq is hands down the best out of box rep for accuracy, you would NEVER tell the difference the only issue with it is the rotor, and who the hell is gonna see that??

Sorry guys but thems the facts. It doesn't require a gen dial and the hands are so close that its ALMOST indistinguishable, and when you can COMFORTABLY take it into AD and them not think twice bout it's authenticity then thats cool with me.

I wish I had a pound for evey took my Conq into an AD story.

Edge

Uhm... ok, I can agree the 6 is one or two microns too fat. I'll seal my mouth and disappear in the darkness right after this post.

...that is simply consistent with the gen, sort of a blade too (see pic #4)...

Hehe, yea, this watch is quite good. You're making a believer out of me. What movement choices do we have in the reps? Oh, wait, I do NOT need another watch....

Sorry I know I've been away a while but I really can't believe it took till post #42 for someone to mention the Conq.

Conq is hands down the best out of box rep for accuracy, you would NEVER tell the difference the only issue with it is the rotor, and who the hell is gonna see that??

Sorry guys but thems the facts. It doesn't require a gen dial and the hands are so close that its ALMOST indistinguishable, and when you can COMFORTABLY take it into AD and them not think twice bout it's authenticity then thats cool with me.

I wish I had a pound for evey took my Conq into an AD story.

Edge

Yeah, this fact alone makes me want one. It's such a good rep from an accuracy standpoint. I can't stand the FM polished bracelet though. The quality is terrible on the rep from what I've seen, and the look just isn't for me. The trouble is finding a gen leather strap seems quite difficult. Edge, do you have any leads on FM straps?

There are straps available for Fm but aftermarket and they are not too bad. I wouldn't even entertain the possibility of buying a gen FM anything lol, the prices are ridonculous hahaha

PS

You can buy it direct froma dealer with leather, can't atest to the strap quality, but it's cheaper and you wouldn't have to ever look at the bracelet if you don't like it. I as with you prefer it on leather.

Maybe no need to disappear just yet sssurfer.

Is this one a micron out?

http://perfect-clones.com/pn05001-40mm-aut...7750-p-451.html

Or this one?

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...;products_id=84

Just a quick summary of the opinions so far?

IWC Ingenieur (possible bezel paint and bracelet issues)

PAM 050 (possible #6 numeral issue)

Tag Link Chrono

FM Conquistador (possible polished bracelet issue)

SMP 2531

SMP Chrono (possible flimsy bexel, misaligned insert and bracelet screw issues)

Is this right?

Thanks again for all the great posts so far guys - for us newbies (who have done plenty of research but are looking for experienced opinions) there's no better topic on this forum.

Maybe no need to disappear just yet sssurfer.

Is this one a micron out?

http://perfect-clones.com/pn05001-40mm-aut...7750-p-451.html

Or this one?

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...;products_id=84

(POOF!... reappearing as evoked...)

Well, I actually have the one from Joshua (I got it about a year ago), but I have to say that the one from Andrew looks absolutely perfect to me (maybe this is the reason for its somewhat higher price).

Thanks for pointing it out!

I also have to say that, even on Joshua's, that fat numeral thing (if any) is hardly spottable other than on a side-to-side comparison with the gen.

One remark: I was not defending this watch because I own it, I sincerely think that it is one of the most accurate (and the most accurate PAM) reps around.

Now, after looking at Andrew's model, I am even more convinced of it. :)

I think the most perfect rep, in looks and feel, is this:

166263-10908.jpg

Plain Tag Heuer Link, impressive, modern looks and "beliveably cheap". The Checkerboard pattern on the dial is perfectly replicated.

The Link Chronograph might be just as close in looks and more macho... but the feel when you set the time on the ETA2826 is miles better than on the Chineese 7750. Also, the date is perfect centered in this model, in the 7750-version it is a little bit offset to the right.

My Link Review :victory:

Regarding the Ingenieur.. Am I the only one who thinks the hands are too short on the replica? :huh:

Great answers guys and gals.

Some observations. No Rolex's, no Pateks.

I can understand the "Make me 10,000 cheeseburger's to go" nature of Rolex copy production in China undermining the availability of very good reproductions but I would think there would be more of a demand for very good replicas of luxury brands like Patek and Vacheron. I would love a simple, elegant, 1:1 copy of a PP, but after a year of looking, there isn't a replica out there that comes close to being accurate.

The FM Conqui is a terrific hidden gem.

I agree the plain 2824 based TAG Link is probably slightly better than the chrono version, but it's nothing a datewheel swap on the 7750 model can't cure.

No longer current, but the Breitling Seawolf is also supremely accurate - down to the decoration on the movement. Put a genuine dial on and from the front you can't tell. Shame about the use of the chrono avenger caseback...

The Link Chronograph might be just as close in looks and more macho... but the feel when you set the time on the ETA2826 is miles better than on the Chineese 7750. Also, the date is perfect centered in this model, in the 7750-version it is a little bit offset to the right.

if only they made it in the same blue as the chrono...

i just cant make myself like the black or white options of the link....

(i just ordered the blue chrono from PerfClones...so pretty)

The Flybacks fail for me. They don't have the same functions as the genuine. It's almost the same as Faux Chronos to me.

That is an excessive purist view -- the flyback function is probably the most useless complication ever invented, I would not give a penny more for a genuine chrono with flyback re-set function then for an ordinary double-push one, regretably some of the nice models like 253 and 212 are flybacks as genuine, hence OK, the non-functional flyback reps are not functionally accurate, but out of all possible things, this would be the last one on my list

I understand both points of view. Whether the flyback feature works or not is irrelevant. I owned a Fly back gen and never used it. If you actually need that function in real life you actually need a multi-timer (ala Casio or nike digital). But it does bother me when a rep does not function in the same manner as the gen. The 212 is the first one where I bought in spite of the fact that the flyback function doesn't work. :)

On the luxury watches like VC and PP they are improving the reps as evidenced on the VC Overseas and the AP's. The issue with those brands is that 99% of all gens other than their lower end sports models are precious metals and we all know how gold plating compares to solid gold and how close platinum looks to SS. :yuk:

That is an excessive purist view -- the flyback function is probably the most useless complication ever invented, I would not give a penny more for a genuine chrono with flyback re-set function then for an ordinary double-push one, regretably some of the nice models like 253 and 212 are flybacks as genuine, hence OK, the non-functional flyback reps are not functionally accurate, but out of all possible things, this would be the last one on my list

Yeah, but can you imagine being the shmuck that gets asked "What's a flyback do? I've always wondered" when showing someone your watch? :whistling: