When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iyho, What's The Most Perfect Replica Available Today.

crystalcranium

I was thinking about what I would buy and sacrifice a little accuracy for looks, and what I would buy for accuracy, even though it's something I wouldn't necessarily want otherwise and I've decided.......I'm nuts! :Jumpy:

One good thing about an obsessional collector's hobby. The hangover from the climax from the latest splurge of disposable cash will pass to soon be followed by the next "gotta have". There is one watch though, in my collection, that I think is the pinacle of replica accuracy. That watch is the Tag Heuer Link Chrono, blue dial. Yes, some small flaws, but I think it's the closest to the ultimate as it gets.

I hear lots of questions here about Who has the best .......???? but what I'd like to hear about is what's the best replica available out there today in terms of accuracy out of the box??? Not the most modifiable, the most collectable, the most bang for the buck, but what is the best one to lay down next to a genuine in a side by side and say "Which one is live, and which one is Memorex?"

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seamaster Chrono is extremely accurate. Flaws are misaligned bezel (fixable) and screws on the bracelet. It's just as good (or even better) than the standard SMP.

The upcoming PureTime version of Chronomat Evolution shows a lot of promise. Let's hope it turns out well:

http://www.replicacollector.com/members/in...showtopic=27211

"So called Ultimate" Planet Ocean 45mm is almost perfect (save the blue tint on AR). And SteelFish SuperOcean is coming too...

Excellent topic crystalcranium and one that possibly needs to be updated every three months or so as new and / or improved versions become available.

How about posing an add on question regarding the 'best' movement available in reps at the moment (Swiss 7750 that is found in many gens) and what is the Most Perfect Replica Available Today out of the box with the 'best' movement - surely this will give everyone who is looking for the ultimate rep watch (inside and out) their ideal answer, regardless of any specific manufacturer or model...not just the best Sub, Daytona, Omega etc, at least until new models and versions appear.

To start the ball rolling, how about these as possible contenders for The Most Perfect Replica crown -

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=925

http://perfect-clones.com/bl10042-navitime...ing-p-1872.html

http://perfect-clones.com/iw10041-flieger-...nos-p-2140.html

http://perfect-clones.com/iw10042-spitfire...nos-p-2141.html

http://perfect-clones.com/iw10043-spitfire...nos-p-2138.html

http://www.bestswiss-watches.com/product_i...roducts_id=1370

http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1724

Having said this, are any of them really 'perfect' out of the box or should they be serviced on receipt to overcome the QC, 'mass' production (additional lubrication, missing seals and o rings etc.) and water resistance (pressure testing) issues that are mentioned on this and other forums?

I don't think I would be the only member who will be very interested to hear the views of everyone on this subject, especially by-tor and the other experienced members who have a depth of knowledge on this type of question that the rest of us can only admire and listen to.

Thanks again for the question crystalcranium and I'm looking forward to watching your topic. I've spent a huge amount of time researching this and other forums and this topic is the one I've been looking for (I didn't want to start one coz I thought I'd just get the 'do your research' replies). I'll wait and see what replies, opinions, advice and guidance is posted over the next few weeks or so get before going straight out and getting The Most Perfect Replica Available Today.

If you have never seen the Tag link chrono in the flesh and you like the style of the watch you just have to get it.

Simple as that.

I was shocked by how good it is, it does not just look right, it feels right too.Its the best I've seen yet.

Hope people keep this thread going, I would love to see your suggestions.

If you have never seen the Tag link chrono in the flesh and you like the style of the watch you just have to get it.

Simple as that.

I was shocked by how good it is, it does not just look right, it feels right too.Its the best I've seen yet.

Hope people keep this thread going, I would love to see your suggestions.

I didn't intend the thread to spark the knee jerk "do your own research, we don't just give away the keys to the kingdom around here" reaction. I just wanted to get a variety of opinions on the highest fidelity copy people think is available to us today.

The thought process that goes into "Who has the best replica" is a much more subjective one. Something that I think is aesthetically beautiful but only a 90% accurate copy might take preference over something that's a dead on reproduction but just isn't my style.

"So called Ultimate" Planet Ocean 45mm is almost perfect (save the blue tint on AR). And SteelFish SuperOcean is coming too...

Never thought they make the Steelfish - so had the wife get me the Steelfish with Ivory Dial. But, as far as the most perfect rep out of the box - I would have to agree - can't go wrong with the Omega Seamaster 2531 or Tag Link.

I didn't intend the thread to spark the knee jerk "do your own research, we don't just give away the keys to the kingdom around here" reaction. I just wanted to get a variety of opinions on the highest fidelity copy people think is available to us today.

The thought process that goes into "Who has the best replica" is a much more subjective one. Something that I think is aesthetically beautiful but only a 90% accurate copy might take preference over something that's a dead on reproduction but just isn't my style.

I have a PAM 029 with a 2893 from EL that is pretty damn close. The cyclops is of course off and the crown is a bit thin. Others talk about the font on the datewheels but I really do not see this as a hugely noticeable. Others have said the dial is wide, and the hands long but I recently learned from another member that some "L-Swiss" Gens were made that way, and that this is a perfect replication of that. It seems to match the models I saw on a website. This is my favorite of a relatively small number of reps in my possession, a really hot watch.

Thanks for the great opinions everyone.

Been doing a lot of research all over this forum, other forums and dealer sites and this is exactly what a newbie like me who wants the best rep inside and out (regardless of brand or model) has been looking for - I'm no longer looking for the Daytona(s) I've always wanted because of the excellent posts and advice I've found on this and other forums.

So far it seems the 'Perfect' contenders are - TAG Link Chrono, SMP 2531, SMP Chrono and Ultimate PO 45mm...and the ones to look out for are the Pan 252 Northpole GMT, Steelfish Superocean GMT and Chronomat Evolution.

Does anyone know if any of these are available anywhere with the Swiss 7750 (preferably with the correct engravings) or is there a dealer who will provide on request as I can't find them on dealer sites?

Also seen the Navitimer Serie Speciale with Swiss 7750 and Bentley with Asia 7750 recommended by some in other topics but not others - are these 'Perfect' contenders?

Thanks again everyone and I'll keep my eye on this topic to see what other welcome opinions are posted.

Seamaster Chrono is extremely accurate. Flaws are misaligned bezel (fixable) and screws on the bracelet. It's just as good (or even better) than the standard SMP.

Just curious on the Seamaster Chrono. On all the gen.'s I have seen the Seamaster is written in red, however all the rep.'s are written in white. Am I missing something?

Don't get me wrong I am not making a statement, more or less a question. I know there are always variations so there might be a gen with the white writting??

Just curious on the Seamaster Chrono. On all the gen.'s I have seen the Seamaster is written in red, however all the rep.'s are written in white. Am I missing something?

Don't get me wrong I am not making a statement, more or less a question. I know there are always variations so there might be a gen with the white writting??

165294-11236.jpg

This is a used genuine.

Folks, please remember that themuck did not ask for your favourite most accurate replica, but for the most accurate replica out-of-the-box.

If anyone is able to list one single flaw in the PAM 050, I'll be more than happy to seal my mouth and disappear into the darkness.

(yes, this is a provocation :D )

As a newbie I was nervous about posting in this topic but the response from you guys is very impressive to say the least - sincere thanks to all :notworthy:

At the moment it seems there are six perfect reps currently available - TAG Link Chrono, SMP 2531, SMP Chrono, Ultimate PO 45mm, IWC Ingenieur and PAM 050. It's clear my decision (and probably many others who are watching this topic develop before buying their first / next rep) on which watch to buy will be difficult and I may have to buy more than one because the calibre of the reps mentioned by you guys (who know a lot more about this than I do even tho I've spent countless hours researching) is so high.

Brilliant challenge sssurfer - can't wait to see the responses.

I've been actively looking at and researching Sash and others Hermes Birkin Super Copy bags (which I came across by accident during my watch research on this forum) and there seems to be a definition in the rep bag industry for a true Super Copy - flawless rep that is indistinguishable from the gen even by the manufacturers themselves - and that even includes the box, papers, AD invoice, accessories etc etc.

The only reason these bag reps grabbed my attention was the fact that they are absolutely identical to the gen (and I know of a few wimmin folk relatives who I can gift them to) and that's the calibre of rep watch(es) I'm looking for - and I'm sure many others are as well.

I'm a newbie so it may be totally naive to think that such a watch exists (never mind the box, papers etc) or is even going to exist - so I'm maybe looking for the Holy Grail of rep watches that cannot be found but I'll keep trying for the next few weeks or so and I know that if it does exist you guys will point me (and everyone else) in the right direction.

:thumbsupsmileyanim: Thanks Again All :D