When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My PAM is destroying my shirts!

GenTLe

Hi Gents,

my first rep has been a PAM164:

Panerai%20Watch%20164%20Photo%201.jpg

I've noticed that after around 7 days of use with the same shirt (discontinued: I don't wear a shirt for 7 days in a row :-)) the left cuff of that shirt was worn :-((((

Just wondering if you've same problem with Panerai case (or with other watches) and if I'll have to wear it only with short (or rolled-up) sleeves!

Cheers,

GenTLe

Hi, must be a problem specific for the model You´re using, maybe also too sharp edges on the lugs. With the rounded 1950´s casing Pam212 Flyback it doesn´t happen to me.

OnLine shirtmaker? Interesting ;-)

Let's try to search for some of it! Are they from some far-east country or also local?

I heard a friend that is ordering even his suits from like India or so, but actually never tried one...

Tnx, Alex

Wow, I did a quick search on Google and I found DOZENS of shirtmakers here in IT with prices from 45 <-> 180€, have to dig a bit and get something: if I can avoid to go into one of those mega clothes shopping center and go crazy to find the "perfect shirt" just to discover that is has cufflinks... I'll be super-happy  :clap2:

Hahahah, Gran, no please, here in IT the watch over the cuff was only allowed to Gianni Agnelli (already passed over): the former proper owner of Fiat/Lancia/Alfa Romeo/Ferrari/Maserati companies and also of Juventus football team:

Gianni-Agnelli-Patek-Philippe-Reference-

Fraggle, I'm not in SoCal, I'm in Italy :-)

The only thing I know about SoCal is something relate to this (not sure it's real or just marketing anyway :-p): 

76266.jpg

Hahahah, Gran, no please, here in IT the watch over the cuff was only allowed to Gianni Agnelli (already passed over): the former proper owner of Fiat/Lancia/Alfa Romeo/Ferrari/Maserati companies and also of Juventus football team:

Gianni-Agnelli-Patek-Philippe-Reference-

:partytime: :partytime: :partytime:

silly stuff that people do to show off their watches...besides it may become a future trend?

silly stuff that people do to show off their watches...besides it may become a future trend?

It's a matter of class: classy people do not need to "show off" B)

They let the others to think what they want and only who knows what a Panerai (or an IWC, or a A. Lange&Sohne etc etc) is can see that  :pimp:

Moreover: when I go to some supplier/artisan to pay for something, I always let the Pam in the drawer and wear my old, dirty and half-destroyed Casio  :ph34r:

But Atty. Gianni Agnelli was such a V.I.P. that he could do whatever he wanted and boosting funny trends too  ;) Just consider that now his nephews also own all Chrysler (other than the upper cited brands and many many others not automotive related)...

Fraggle, I'm not in SoCal, I'm in Italy :-)

The only thing I know about SoCal is something relate to this (not sure it's real or just marketing anyway :-p): 

76266.jpg

Hehe, the one on the right can So my Cal anytime...

Aherm.... :D

I wear a spanking 16800 sub with work shirts. It fits under the cuff of my tight fitting shirts nicely and looks the part in a corporate environment whereas with my 372 I may as well walk around with my schlong hanging out of the zipper. It's way too big and flashy for my liking. It certainly doesn't wreck shirts though. My recommendation is get a dress watch into the routine and save the Pam for weekends, nights and other days you wish to make the statement.

I wear a spanking 16800 sub with work shirts. It fits under the cuff of my tight fitting shirts nicely and looks the part in a corporate environment whereas with my 372 I may as well walk around with my schlong hanging out of the zipper. It's way too big and flashy for my liking. It certainly doesn't wreck shirts though. My recommendation is get a dress watch into the routine and save the Pam for weekends, nights and other days you wish to make the statement.

Yeah, most probably I'll use an Omega PO Liquidmetal as daily one,  but still to order it because... -see below- :-)

Welcome to the PAM world

Ahahah, Toro, I'll soon (as soon as I'll get back a new credit card from the bank after Monday 26/May stolen wallet) be also in the world of Omega & Cartier: I'm that Alessandro that was asking you, in these days, about the QC pictures of the watches on the Timegrapher. You replied to me yesterday :-)

Ciao :-)

It shouldn't be wrecking you shirts. I have been wearing many different PAM's with dress shirts for 15 years or so and so my guess is that you have a sharp edge on the crown guard, case or lugs. My approach though has always been letting it sit in front of the cuff if it doesn't easily slide under.  

+ 1 if you dress in suit everyday get a dress watch Omega diver well not really fitting the bill. Aqua Terra comes to mind...............

here is a nice w/ a little bling:  http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_66&products_id=11381

classy