When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian2813 hibeat in BP Ceramic, not Asian2836clone

Smab

POS = Piece Of [censored] :lol:

LOL :D

Name approved for me too!

Funnily enough, since I purchased a BP GMT II Pro Hunter from Andrew, that comes with a modified 2836-2, I asked him about these problems with the POS clone. His reply has been:

"Its not the BP factory. Just that some dealers they want to earn more by scamming customers. I work very closely with the BP factory and they never dare to do that."

I'd like now to understand what he means by dealers: some of the subcontractor? Other dealers like other TDs we have here? It looks a bit odd sentence to me...

Maybe I am misunderstanding something, but a high beat 2813 is a 4813. There is no high beat 2813 .. it's a 4813.

Yes, here we're not speaking about the DG4813, but instead about a new kind of very bad quality ETA 2836 clone. Someone calls it new breed 2813, someone else new breed clone of the clone. I'd just call it POS movement...

Yes, here we're not speaking about the DG4813, but instead about a new kind of very bad quality ETA 2836 clone. Someone calls it new breed 2813, someone else new breed clone of the clone. I'd just call it POS movement...

Oh I see.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for pulling this topic back up... I also have one of these Liquid Metal Ti PO's and want to confirm if I have an ETA 2836 as ordered or one of these new clones. However, I am quite a noobie when in come to movements. Could somebody please clearly show me how I can recognize the dial feet clamps? I have show pictures of the screws in this new clone, but I don't know what it should look like in the ETA / 2836....

Look here.

Colour code:

blue = screws and sheets that keep the movement in the case

red = screws used to retain the dial and indicating the bad movement

green = clasp used to retain the dial indicating gen or proper clone of ETA

Bad movements:

post-63910-0-82747100-1405288234_thumb.j

post-63910-0-18856200-1405288233_thumb.j

Good ones:

post-63910-0-00483300-1405288237_thumb.j

post-63910-0-82162300-1405288238_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...

seems a lot of people are getting tricked in to these movements.

if you ordered a high beat 2813 or whatever they call it, thats one thing but to pay for a ETA clone and get this.. id be [censored].

glad your TD is trying to sort things out.

i do have a cartel 1680 coming with one of these "new breed high beat movements".

so are they not interchangeable with a ETA clone? (hands, dial feet positions..etc)

if i wanted to swap out to a ETA clone, would i have to cut the dial feet and get new hands?

Edited by Bc1221

Ok got my watch and my movement looks exactly like a 2813. Has the WO logo by the balance when and everything.

It's def ticking at 28,8 though according to kello and the timeogrpaher QC pics.

Def sounds like a high beat.

So... If I have to replace this movement, it should be a direct swap with a 2813 right?

I guess these are what they call the 4813?

These fake high beats are the main reason why I didn't even bother ordering a clone. I'd rather order the cheapie and get the cheapie.

These fake high beats are the main reason why I didn't even bother ordering a clone. I'd rather order the cheapie and get the cheapie.

Well... Depend where you buy... I'm at my 10th REP and never got one of them...

By the way it's not a 4813. It is named Z2xxxxx. Where xxxx is the rest of the name which I don't remember now...

Edited by GenTLe

Yea. True but a few factories have been caught using the new breed bs and selling them as clones. BP did with a fee models. I think j12 and noob did as well.

I hope this isn't a trend. We need to shut this bait and switch thing down before it get bad.

People who have need to learn about it and speak up IMO. TDs just take the factories word for it. Never open them and check.

I know they're running out of ETAs but surely they're not running out of clones. They make them!

My guess is since ETAs are running low, they're raising prices on clones so factories who need them just buy the similar high best bc that's what the forum members ask for.