When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Ingenieur Correct Datewheel...

lello

I believe that the best way to solve the matter, is for you to send me the rep's DWs and I will re print the new font over.

Sure, I'll be happy to send it out to you for de mods, do you feel confident enough in the printing process..?

I mean, if I send it out, there is "no way back" if for whatever reason the printing fails..

If you trust the new printer, I'll be the first to send it out to you :)

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm checking uot if members are willing to send their DWs.

I understand your concerns about the no way back.

I'm still valueing if it's possible to make new discs, to glue on the actual blank DWs (that I already bought), in this case you wouldn't need to send away your DWs.

Pleaase allow me a couple of days to find out.

What we could do otherwise, is making a test on an average Dw with same size, to see the print quality and only after you will decide if sending yor DWs.

Although this will expose me to many expences, with blank discs, cliché, proofs etc...

I want to bring this project ahead, so we will work it out.

In the meanwhile, any suggestion will be wellcome. :)

I'd prefer to just purchase a new datewheel overlay without sending in my datewheel disc to you. This would be the easiest way for all unless you can actually fit the numbers onto a standard 2824 datewheel and still have it centered on the date window.

Hi guys,

sorry if I didn't post any update for a while.

It was due to the difficulties I found, in getting the overlays for these DWs.

In fact I didn't find a solution for this.

So, the only way we have, it's for you guys to send me your DWs and I will re print them directly.

For whom of you this is a little problem, because you need help to disassembling and re mounting it on the watch, in the US there is Redbigjoe who is willing to care about it.

It would be a good thing to have several watches handled by a single person there, because we could make just a few multiple shippings, by Fed ex, this way we would avoid any risk of shipping problems.

For the ones who prefer doing themselves, no problems though.

I just would prefer not to be responsible in case of lost packages, because this way, I couldn't solve the problem, just sending another DW, so let's try to find the safest way.

To make this working, we should decide a date around which all the members interested, should send away the Dws, so that they wouldn't come little by little and people wouldn't be waiting too long.

Any suggestion will be wellcome to handle the process.

In the meanwhile, just let me know whom of you is willing to do this way, as we need to be at least 20 people..., better if more.

Please, do not PM me, it's enough to post here.

In case you really need to send me a message, please use the email way:

submersible611@yahoo.com

Thank you.

I was hoping we could order the DW from you directly.

I am actually very excited about this but I have the following problem:

1) I am located in Europe

2) I have never reassembled any watch (Or can any local watchmaker do this ??)

Other than that I would be in it cause i think it would be awesome...

Obviously it's worth doing 1 wheel to see if it comes out as expected and then getting the rest done. Perhaps you could supply datewheel and overlays already on them to fit this movement ? Just a thought. Otherwise it may be a matter of sending you datewheels...!

Obviously it's worth doing 1 wheel to see if it comes out as expected and then getting the rest done. Perhaps you could supply datewheel and overlays already on them to fit this movement ? Just a thought. Otherwise it may be a matter of sending you datewheels...!

@ Chronus:

I could send my DW to Lello as a test/ prototype. I will go to disassemble my Ingie anyway because I will send in the crystal for ar coating .

What do you guys think?

@ Chronus:

I could send my DW to Lello as a test/ prototype. I will go to disassemble my Ingie anyway because I will send in the crystal for ar coating .

What do you guys think?

That would be great. However, I am currently trying to get an extra datewheel from a dealer. If that works, I would be willing to use it as a first test. That would reduce risk for your datewheel.

Hi Lello,

I can send my date wheel out, so please count me in.

-ar

If the dealer would be willing to sell spare DW, as Uziuzi said he is trying, it would solve all the matters...

Otherwise, no problems for me to make a couple of tests first.

Replacing a DW it is something that ANY watchsmith could be able to do..., I don't think there are watchsmith that only work on quartz... :blink:

Otherwise, no problems for me to make a couple of tests first.

Lello,

as posted (and pm'ed) I can ship my DW within this week. Please let me know what you are thinking about. I am disassembling my Ingie anyway for an AR coating and it would be a pleasure to me to take part in that "pioneer" project :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Lello,

as posted (and pm'ed) I can ship my DW within this week. Please let me know what you are thinking about. I am disassembling my Ingie anyway for an AR coating and it would be a pleasure to me to take part in that "pioneer" project :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ok, I could let the printer making a test on your DW then...

There is no risk on it, as we could re print it again and again, in case it doesn't come right.

Ok, I could let the printer making a test on your DW then...

There is no risk on it, as we could re print it again and again, in case it doesn't come right.

FYI, I have a Rolex overlay that I'm not using and will send to Lello. I just throw this out there in case you don't want to use your Ingy wheel as the guinea pig. The overlay I have could be ruined and I wouldn't care. (Though it would be nice if it weren't!)