When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

No BS, it really works!

Aero_Dave

I have to say; I read a lot of Tips, Trick, Short-Cuts, etc… and most don’t really live up to my expectations. But I finally tried the ‘Bracelet Lube’ treatment using the Rock-n-Roll Extreme Wet Chain Lube.

Man I have to say, this stuff Really makes a difference. I just separated my bracelet in two half’s, put each one is a small plastic baggie. Shake the bottle, squirt some in each bag and just rub it around the bracelet for a few minutes. You will see the blue color change a little as the dirt hiding inside the bracelet comes out. After letting is sit for only about 5 minutes, I just removed the bracelet parts and wiped them down with a paper towel. I did not wash it and I don’t think you need to. Since this is a Dry lube, is doesn’t leave behind any oily residue. The bracelet is very quiet now and just feels so much better. :)

So, although this is just another post about the bracelet lube trick, you still should try this if you haven’t already!

Dave…

rock-n-roll-extreme-chain-lube.jpg

• Like 1

This indeed a good tip and one worth reminding! I use Pedro's Ice Wax, similar stuff as Rock n Roll but it's what I use on my bike and figured since it worked great on my bike (always the cleanest drivetrain in the group!) it would work great on the bracelet! The key here is to use a "dry lube", goes on wet and when it dries it leaves a layer of lipids (waxes) right where you need them that keep working without attracting dirt to the bracelet that a oily lube would.

Are you sure? You probably can find it at your airbase. Check the guys from the Ground Support Equipment. Don't know the NSN number, but I know its available.

Found a couple: http://www.wd40company.com/files/pdf/wd_40tec16952473.pdf

Yeah i can get the wd40 but not that rock n roll Extreme stuff wd40 leaves a greasy surface no matter how Much you try to get it all you cant :D

Yeah i can get the wd40 but not that rock n roll Extreme stuff wd40 leaves a greasy surface no matter how Much you try to get it all you cant :D

Secret ingredient in WD40 is fish oil! Designed by rocket engineers to keep rocket and missile parts from corroding. Water Displacement (WD) 40; the fortieth sample. It'll always leave a residue.